Have older raids been added to Raid Finder?

New Player Help and Guides
Post Limit:
Which is just logistically impossible.

You're never going to find 40 people who want to level cap raid at 60 for Molten Core. That's not even taking into account that Blizzard surely hasn't balanced those raid instances for the current mix of abilities a raid could bring at level 60. All raid balancing is done at the current level cap. The old raids just sit there neglected for anything but transmog runs.

Honestly, what I'd like to see are a few experimental servers devoted to promoting the old raid content. Perhaps by making raid clearance a pre-requisite for unlocking levels 61-70 and then 71-80 and then 81-85, and so forth - just on the experimental servers.

Big project though (have to tweak and balance all the raid instances). Honestly, I don't see Blizzard getting around to it until they've capped the game at level 100 for good (if they haven't moved on to a new franchise project).
10/04/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Rhymetha
Honestly, I don't see Blizzard getting around to it until they've capped the game at level 100 for good

After they announced MoP way back at Blizcon 2011, they stated that there's already 2 more expansions after MoP currently in the works. Now whether those will be the final expansions or not (I doubt it, but who knows), that still gives at least 4 more years of playtime.
10/04/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Rhymetha
Which is just logistically impossible.

Unless you join an explicitly level capped guild as I suggested in a previous post, yes. You couldn't PUG those raids when they were current content, the only reason one would expect to be able to PUG them now is because of all the changes that make life more enjoyable in game than it was way back in the bad old days.
10/04/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Avanna
Honestly, I don't see Blizzard getting around to it until they've capped the game at level 100 for good

After they announced MoP way back at Blizcon 2011, they stated that there's already 2 more expansions after MoP currently in the works. Now whether those will be the final expansions or not (I doubt it, but who knows), that still gives at least 4 more years of playtime.

Yeah the final level 100 cap is a rumor that's been running around for awhile. There's nothing supporting it. They'd be crazy to stop at 100 if they still have a decent sized population, and decent is relative. There are MMOs that are still going with less than a tenth of the population of WoW.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2saAgaJ6p54
Another thing to remember is that even when those old raids were current, most players didn't get to experience them. They were extremely difficult. There were almost no PUGs for the larger raids because of the coordination required and the sheer numbers. You had to grind endlessly to get the gear to enable you to even have a chance of completing the raids. Certain specs had no role to play or a very limited role.

I played through vanilla. I never got into a vanilla raid when it was current content. I only started raiding in BC and even then I never got to kill Illidan because my raid simply wasn't good enough (and as for Sunwell? Forget about it!). As the game has progressed Blizzard has opened up raiding to lot more players and this is a really good thing.

You can still experience that content by doing it at later levels but you can't go back in time and experience it as though it were current content (unless you have a TARDIS). And chances are, even if you were playing at the time it was current, you wouldn't have experienced it back then either.