New LFD loot system

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
why did you leave the healers or dps roll for tank stats rings or shield?
wow have tons of ninjas over the place and my gearing is so slow cause a healer or dps steal my gear...

why did you plan to do with it?
Five people went into the dungeon.

Five people helped defeat the boss.

Five people have an equal claim to what the boss drops.

Dice determine ownership.

Ownership does not exist until an item is in someone's inventory.

End of story.

End of story.

The words of a ninja.

I'm tired off losing gear I need for my main spec to balance druids
This is why you should not waste vote kicks for trivial matters.

Save them for people who truly deserve them. Like ninjas.
10/04/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Mayliene
The words of a ninja.

One can not ninja loot in WoW. The mob tagging system forbids it.
This is so people can get OS gear in dungeon finder.

End of story.

Shut up. Roll on whatever spec you queued for, nothing else

End of story.

The words of a ninja.

Y'see, here's the deal. First off, I don't ninja. The term is used to refer to someone who takes something which belongs to someone else. Nothing in a dungeon belongs to anyone until it's in their inventory.

Even if there's just one tank in a 5-man, they do not get a lock on tanking drops. If there's a DPS in the instance who has a tanking spec they want gear for, and they helped defeat the boss, then they have as much right to roll Need (assuming the system will let them) as the tank does. That gear doesn't belong to the tank until it's in the tank's inventory.

If the system will let a Balance Druid roll Need on something that you also want, you can't claim it's unfair if you both roll Need; the impartial dice roll determined who owned the item. Neither of you did until it went into one of your inventories.

Five people go in.
Five people down a boss.
Up to five people have equal claim to the boss' drop(s), system allowing.

This is just the way it is. It doesn't need to change.

End of story.

Good guildmate/friend, bad ninja if that's your case. Sadly for you...

According to Blizz and their Raid Finder Loot system, you should only loot on what you can use as the role you choose to play.

Sorry, but if blizz doesnt want players in Raid Finder helping friends/guildies/anyone when it comes down to loot....why do they allow it dungeons?

Implement the new looting system to all dungeons. It doesn't bother me, I don't play the game to "beat it" in 2-3 weeks top.
Rolling need on everything that you can roll need on is one of the many unwritten rules of LFD.

End of story.

Shut up. Roll on whatever spec you queued for, nothing else

According to what rules? According to your preference? Your preference doesn't determine how someone else gears up their character. It doesn't matter if they intend to disenchant their winnings. If the system will let them roll Need on the item, if they helped to defeat the boss that dropped the item, they have as much right to roll Need on the item as you do.

And no amount of complaint will change that.

The words of a ninja.

Y'see, here's the deal. First off, I don't ninja. The term is used to refer to someone who takes something which belongs to someone else. Nothing in a dungeon belongs to anyone until it's in their inventory.

Even if there's just one tank in a 5-man, they do not get a lock on tanking drops. If there's a DPS in the instance who has a tanking spec they want gear for, and they helped defeat the boss, then they have as much right to roll Need (assuming the system will let them) as the tank does. That gear doesn't belong to the tank until it's in the tank's inventory.

If the system will let a Balance Druid roll Need on something that you also want, you can't claim it's unfair if you both roll Need; the impartial dice roll determined who owned the item. Neither of you did until it went into one of your inventories.

Five people go in.
Five people down a boss.
Up to five people have equal claim to the boss' drop(s), system allowing.

This is just the way it is. It doesn't need to change.

Your outlook is garbage
10/04/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Nerfhammer
Inb4 people who can't comprehend what etiquette is.

I should have inb4 greedy people that think loot is theirs just because they showed up. Can I inafter?

End of story.

Good guildmate/friend, bad ninja if that's your case. Sadly for you...

According to Blizz and their Raid Finder Loot system, you should only loot on what you can use as the role you choose to play.

Sorry, but if blizz doesnt want players in Raid Finder helping friends/guildies/anyone when it comes down to loot....why do they allow it dungeons?

Implement the new looting system to all dungeons. It doesn't bother me, I don't play the game to "beat it" in 2-3 weeks top.

If you're in a guild group, you're obviously going to put the group first. You intend on running with those people again, and if each person can gear up more efficiently, every person benefits.

If you're in a PUG, you're not going to run with those people again, so you don't benefit anyone but the other person by passing on something you A) want and B) can use, even if the use is in another spec. If you're a PUG, the price for the convenience of the Dungeon Finder is loss of control over how the loot is distributed.

You don't have to like it, but it is what it is. I'm not going to pass on something I may want for my other spec just so someone I'm never going to see again can benefit. They're the only one who benefits in that scenario.

In a guild/friend run, by passing on something, not only does the guildmate/friend benefit, but I benefit as well from their increased capability in future runs.
10/04/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Solaru
The words of a ninja.

One can not ninja loot in WoW. The mob tagging system forbids it.

Only by the old definition.

Doesn't matter though, I got my revenge afterwards. It was heroic scholomance, and some agility legs dropped that would have been a nice upgrade. The balance Druid won them. I asked nicely twice if I could have them because I needed them for my main spec. He didn't even respond. I was about to vote to kick him, but then he noticed he, the healer, and the tank were in the same guild

So later an agility helm dropped that had lesser secondary stats on it than what I have now.

I took it anyway. We all stopped for a minute, and after what I assume to be a failed vote kick against me, all 3 of them left. The warrior and I had a nice laugh
10/04/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Glockwork
Your outlook is garbage

Your approval is superfluous.
Only the only ones to blame for this is yourself.

This is what happens when you queue alone in LFD.

Either make friends and group queue; or stick with needing everything in hopes to win something, and trading anything you get for rolls you lost.