What happened to my companion pets?!

New Player Help and Guides
Well, since MoP came out, I haven't been able to find most of my companion pets. In the battle pet log, I only have some of my old pets, and only one of my non-combat companions, my Alliance Balloon. I don't know what happened to most of my pets like my Elementium Geode and Toothy, my baby crocolisk... And the thing is, I paid for most of those pets as I got them in the AH. Please help me :(
They're in the Pet Journal now. The default keybind to get into the proper window is Shift-P I believe. You can change the bind in the Keybinding menu, since I think it overlaps with the combat pet window for hunters.
10/04/2012 09:43 PMPosted by Icedragon
They're in the Pet Journal now. The default keybind to get into the proper window is Shift-P I believe. You can change the bind in the Keybinding menu, since I think it overlaps with the combat pet window for hunters.

I have looked through the Pet Journal several times, but only some of my old pets are there. I'm not sure what happened to the rest of my pets, or where they went.
Have you used the little search filter at the top of the list to find the Alliance Balloon? It's still in-game and it should still be there. You're also still shown as owning it on the Armory.
... I still have my Alliance Balloon. It's the only non-battle pet I still have, but that shouldn't be the case, as I had a lot more pets than I do now before MoP came out. I'm missing most of the pets I got from the Auction House and a few pets I got from vendors and quests.
Do you know the specific pets you're missing? You don't have the achievement for collecting 25 or more pets, which existed before the patch, so you didn't have that many in the first place. It's showing 24/25, and if we subtract the 6 you caught since the patch (shown in the "He's Mine!" achievement) you started with 18 pets.

All the pets you have are shown here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/terokkar/Lyelle/pet

Do you have any of the filters enabled in the Pet Journal? It's near the search bar. That could be hiding some from being displayed.
I bet OP's checked off some pet classes. make sure all classes and collected is enabled. there's many checkboxes that hide pets to help players with a lot of them scroll through.
OP:

Though your pets are now pooled amongst all your characters, the faction based pets are not shared cross faction (alliance characters can't see the horde balloon on their list).

Also, you need to log into all of your characters for a minute or two each to get the pets on each one recorded in the new account-wide system.
I am having the same problem It says i have 72 vanity pets but i cannot find most of them as well.
Next time, please do not necro a thread from over a year old. The game changes quickly and we don't want old information at the top of the forum to confuse new players.

Have you logged in with all your old characters so the system can update itself? Are some of them faction based (horde or alliance balloon, for example)?