where do people go to cry about their class?

Shaman
My guild has 6 active shamans now(maybe 7 soon) and lining up stormlash is a total !@#$%, while warriors are getting away with dropping multiple banners at the same time. Anyway I remember seeing a suggestion forum really long ago but it's not there anymore. Where would I go to make a complaint post?
Nowhere.

Dropping that many Stormlash totems at once would be stupid.

Try getting an addon that tracks or announces cooldowns, and then pay attention.
seriously? D: that's weak. i mean where do mages go cry about their class then?

anyway what's wrong with dropping that many stormlash at once?(provided they would be changed into each totem having their own icd instead of sharing, since like I said warriors can get away with it, why not shamans?). if you mean now, yeah ideally 4 during lust(realistically 3 assuming the gaps in between stormlash casts) others during next sp/ap buff period for better scaling would be correct yes.

tracking buffs, announcing cooldowns and paying attention are good ideas but the logistics involved in that is actually complicated, what if healer in the rotation has to heal and can't afford to stop healing for dps cd? what if the range/melee are 30 yards apart? also totem buff duration from totems dorpped by other casters cannot be tracked, so already the buff auras are not reliable enough for efficient chaining.(btw I have 3 dedicated auras just for stormlash and its still not failproof =\)

spell announcement: voice is probably the best way to do it, and this is the main method we are relying on for now(/yell or /say would annoy people too much and it's stupid to expect people to stare at bottom left of their screen for warnings, especially for healers). but this is through normal mode, I don't know if we really want 7 people having their turn "hey you stormlash" 2~3 times every fight when mumble will be cluttered as hell when !@#$ starts to hit the fan during heroic progression.

I mean really, I understand asking for stormlash to stack properly might be too much(I don't agree with it, but the decision has been made for a reason.. right?), but there are certainly some improvements that can be made to stormlash such as buffing it's range and buff timer having a timer so that an addon or an set of aura can track it properly.
/cry
one of our resto quit, the problem solving itself!!!
10/05/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Microcontrol
anyway what's wrong with dropping that many stormlash at once?(provided they would be changed into each totem having their own icd instead of sharing, since like I said warriors can get away with it, why not shamans?). if you mean now, yeah ideally 4 during lust(realistically 3 assuming the gaps in between stormlash casts) others during next sp/ap buff period for better scaling would be correct yes.

Because the amount of burst that would be provided would be stupid.

Warriors are not shamans. Quit trying to compare Skull Banner to Stormlash totem.

tracking buffs, announcing cooldowns and paying attention are good ideas but the logistics involved in that is actually complicated,

It is not complicated to announce a cooldown and have a Power Aura that tracks the buff provided by Stormlash totem setup.

what if healer in the rotation has to heal and can't afford to stop healing for dps cd?

Then you skip to the next person in line.

what if the range/melee are 30 yards apart?

Totemic Projection. TP is also off the GCD as well by the way.

also totem buff duration from totems dorpped by other casters cannot be tracked

There isn't a timer, but still an actual buff. If you setup a tracker, it's literally not an issue.

voice is probably the best way to do it, and this is the main method we are relying on for now(/yell or /say would annoy people too much and it's stupid to expect people to stare at bottom left of their screen for warnings, especially for healers). but this is through normal mode, I don't know if we really want 7 people having their turn "hey you stormlash" 2~3 times every fight when mumble will be cluttered as hell when !@#$ starts to hit the fan during heroic progression.

Call out numbers beforehand. There's no excuse for not being able to remember your number in line for dropping a totem, and tracking the buff.

To me it just sounds like you're just trying to make excuses so you don't have to put as much effort into maximizing your/the raid's DPS. It's not a lot that you're being asked to do here.
As I have said before, I have 3 dedicated auras with output messages just for stormlash(maybe you can hook me up with yours in case I missed something). Tell me, how often do you stare at bottom left of your screen for your cooldowns? because I sure as hell don't, ever. They are figured out beforehand then are tracked by auras/separate addon and an announcement from designated player. We are talking about maximizing raid dps, so how is wasting 4~6 seconds of 4th stormlash during lust in anyway ideal? because that's what we are forced into. Even if everyone of our shaman has perfect reflex and uses them as soon as they expire, that's still few seconds that's not being managed to it's maximum potential because of the casting times. Set of auras simply don't work for this purpose(at least not suitable, because /yell or /say macros would work to an extent). I thought about incorporating /in macros, but they tend to get spammy as well with people smashing their buttons.

It has been repeated 3 times throughout the thread and voice communication is the only way to manage this properly, and that's how we are doing it. For the same reason why /yell or /say macros wouldn't be ideal, I just would have liked some alternative way to do things instead of 6 people talking overraid leaders while they are making life or death calls.

And why shouldn't I be able to compare two cooldowns that provides raidwide burst, except one has to be chained like it's prewrath lust. scaling is different but I don't get why they shouldn't be compared. I am not talking about which one is better, but rather how they function. Really I don't even need them to stack because it's stupid to fight things that have been set in stone for months since beta. And you are right it's not a lot, but no other cooldown in this game is this clunky to chain, why should we have to live this. Why can't we even ask for reliable ways of using the totems to its maximum efficiency? we would just need timers on the totem buffs(as they should have been given since day 1 of the game) and it would make things whole lot easier.

On a side note, one of our resto shaman used totem projection(+1 interweb point for you and him), but I am not sure if he dropped it in a place where everyone got covered.

I am sorry for any parts that were hard to understand, it's 3 am and my eyes hurt >< I will try to fix it later.
I am sorry for any parts that were hard to understand, it's 3 am and my eyes hurt >< I will try to fix it later.

As I have said before, I have 3 dedicated auras just for stormlash(maybe you can hook me up with yours in case I missed something). Tell me, how often do you stare at bottom left of your screen for your cooldowns? because I sure as hell don't, ever. They are figured out beforehand then are tracked by auras/separate addon and an announcement from designated player. We are talking about maximizing raid dps, so how is wasting 4~6 seconds of 4th stormlash during lust in anyway ideal? because that's what we are forced into. Even if everyone of our shaman has perfect reflex and uses them as soon as they expire, that's still few seconds that's not being managed to it's maximum potential because of the casting times. Set of auras simply don't work for this purpose(at least not suitable, because /yell or /say macros would work to an extent).

This has been repeated 3 times through out the thread and voice communication is the only way to manage this properly, and that's how we are doing it. For the same reason why /yell or /say macros wouldn't be ideal, I just would have liked some alternative way to do things instead of 6 people making calls while raid leaders are making life or death calls.

-----------------------------------------------------

10/09/2012 12:47 AMPosted by Microcontrol
And why shouldn't I be able to compare two cooldowns that provides raidwide burst

Different function. Different cooldown. Different output...

There's more than that to it. They are just too different to actually be comparable.
Can we step away from having them stacked, it's just my version of "i hope shaman can 2hand and tank and the same time" and I thought I made this clear since the third post of this thread. I don't want them to stack, honest! /spit on the idea. How about them timers on totem buffs. If we can play perfectly, we deserve 39 seconds of stormlash during lust. That's not how it works now without involving "hey drop your totem in 3 2 1"
10/09/2012 12:58 AMPosted by Microcontrol
Can we step away from having them stacked, it's just my version of "i hope shaman can 2hand and tank and the same time"

You shouldn't have used this as your choice of analogy.

How about them timers on totem buffs.

I don't see anything wrong with this. Well, at least having a timer (Maybe) on the Stormlash buff provided by other people's Stormlash Totem.

That's not how it works now without involving "hey drop your totem in 3 2 1"

I still have never had any issues with Stormlash chaining with my Power Auras. Buff appears? "Someone just dropped Stormlash." Buff faded? "Well, Stormlash is no longer active. Time for me to drop it."
Can we step away from having them stacked, it's just my version of "i hope shaman can 2hand and tank and the same time"

You shouldn't have used this as your choice of analogy.

Well I kind of figured stacking stormlash will never happen. I had my own beliefs about it, but not something I really pushed for(It was my reason blahblahblah -> I don't care too much if they make it stack or not, make other improvements plx) until someone just had to quote me on it for each posts.

That's not how it works now without involving "hey drop your totem in 3 2 1"

I still have never had any issues with Stormlash chaining with my Power Auras. Buff appears? "Someone just dropped Stormlash." Buff faded? "Well, Stormlash is no longer active. Time for me to drop it."

That's totally fine for 2~3 shaman groups where there are plenty of space for delays and still fit them all together during lust(ideally they should still be chained tightly for scaling on first 20 second and pot buffs on last 10). Sympathize with me here, shamans are not the best class to bring in to most of the fights(especially 5~6 of them). It's my belief that our raid healing abilities and 1.7~2% dps buff should be used to it's maximum potential to make up for the loss(normally I would scoff at anyone making a business about few seconds of unbuffed stormscale, but when you are in a group with 6 shaman, this accounts for a lot of your damage). As an example we had 4%~5%ish wipes on 25man elagon and we were forced to do 10man. While ~8 seconds of uncoordinated stormlash being used outside of lust isn't all to blame, it's something that we should be able to manage and we should try to fit in at least 37+ seconds of stormlash during lust(as well chaining other 2 SLT separately during next turn of CDs with minimal loss), because once we hit heroics, we won't be able to run to 10man, or run with (relatively) inefficient stormlash in a tightly tuned fight. In order to achieve what I want(highest stormlash up time during burn phase), there's gotta be other ways to do things other than than 6 people counting down for the next person. Maybe that's not what developers had in mind(having that many SL totem to chain to begin with), but it would be a nice way of buffing us, you know, by letting us manage our cooldowns properly. It's just a small quality of life change that will not make anyone cry omg shaman imba.
The problem is that you have entirely too many Shamans focusing on this spell. On non boss fights or add phases try alternating Stormlash with Capacitor totems so you only have to track 2 shamans in one "priority group" at a time. For example you and another Shaman are designated as the first totem droppers; one drops Stormlash while you drop Capacitor or Grounding totem if no mobs can be stunned. This should reduce the tracking you all have to do by double. Honestly though Platform is spot on with every thing they told you Micro; which apparently is being "brutally honest" as you are pushing back at their reasonable suggestions every time. Either get rid of the over abundance of shamans (in your opinion) or deal with it this way...
The real question is why do you have 6 shaman.
They have recommended voice communication and addons, I have acknowledged the extent of their usefulness. All they end up accomplishing(without showing any major flaw) is not stacking the stormlash at the same time, whether is 2 shaman or 6, that's real easy to do as is without making any changes.

hey look, I can do this:
/cast stormlash totem
/in 9 /s stormlash expired

see how easy that is? that's what we did during first week of 5.0.4, no aura/separate announcement addon needed but that's not what I was asking for.

The real question is why do you have 6 shaman.

I ask myself the question while I go to sleep. but having a timer or other improvements that I can't really think of without changing stormlash(range would be nice but amg that balance) would benefit even the groups that runs 2~3 shaman.
10/04/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Microcontrol
while warriors are getting away with dropping multiple banners at the same time.

They aren't stacking. At least Skull Banner isn't.

I tried that. We have 5 Warriors and stacking skull banner did not lead to superascendance -.-
10/09/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Gistwiki
while warriors are getting away with dropping multiple banners at the same time.

I tried that. We have 5 Warriors and stacking skull banner did not lead to superascendance -.-

oh, i heard it from a warrior that played beta that they do in fact stack. sorry for spreading false information then ><

I figured this was the case, but never commented on it until I was for sure. It was also 3 AM at the time of me originally posting so I just wasn't thinking :l
oh, i heard it from a warrior that played beta that they do in fact stack. sorry for spreading false information then ><

They may have on the beta. That I don't know. What I do know is first day I got our warriors to try making a banner circle around me and it didn't work :(
A Warrior can only have one active banner at a time.