Any Undead feel weird in MoP?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Pandaren on Pandaria are kind of like children. They know nothing of the world outside their homeland, so when they see an undead character or a death knight, they don't know what else to do except open their homes and be kind to them, like all of the other races that have begun pouring in to their homeland.

It is in their nature.
10/05/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Kaioon
I chalk it up to clean living.

I chalk it up to dancing on mailboxes.
10/05/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Petrovah
Game mechanics =/= story. A character wouldn't just summon an Undead Army in front of anyone.

And yet.... here you have one who did.
10/05/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Texasdagger
Game mechanics =/= story. A character wouldn't just summon an Undead Army in front of anyone.

And yet.... here you have one who did.

Only in-game. He didn't do so in story.
Lol, that is pretty funny

I want to know what those quests where NPCs called me "sweetheart" translated to when using say a male undead?
I feel out of place as a Death Knight as well.

We're reanimated unholy warriors whose nature literally requires us to cause pain and suffering on other living creatures lest we suffer ourselves. Not to mention that virtually every Death Knight NPC spoken to is filled to the brim with hate and sadism.

Within the context of the lore, every step we take should be producing some manner of Sha in our wake.
Then there's all the NPCs that put their arm around me and call me "young", when I could be older than oh, I don't know. Human civilization.
But they don't know that.
The Draenei are rather fickle about showing their age. They're all beautiful and awesome for 30,000 years then suddenly they have an epic beard like Velen or... uhh... dunno what happens to the women.
I can't get over the fact that all these NPCs are so warm toward me, and UNDEAD.

It feels really weird. "Come, walk with me undead." Really? I can see being at best, ambivilant toward the other horde races that washed up on shore -- but undead? Really?

I feel like my character would look left and right with shifty eyes and say "Uhh... alright" assuming they haven't figured out that he's DEAD.

I totally cracked up during a horde side quest where you are to help survivors and a Pandaren
is so upset about the horrific injuries suffered by one undead horde, only to find out that she was already that way before she was injured.
I like Lorewalker Cho's statement about the Forsaken. I can't seem to remember what quest it was but it quite poetic.
I can't get over the fact that all these NPCs are so warm toward me, and UNDEAD.

It feels really weird. "Come, walk with me undead." Really? I can see being at best, ambivilant toward the other horde races that washed up on shore -- but undead? Really?

I feel like my character would look left and right with shifty eyes and say "Uhh... alright" assuming they haven't figured out that he's DEAD.

I totally cracked up during a horde side quest where you are to help survivors and a Pandaren
is so upset about the horrific injuries suffered by one horde, only to find out that she was already that way before she was injured.

Riko and Kiryn 4 eva
The races on Pandaria don't seem to completely understand what an undead is. In the quest in Jade Forest where Lorewalker Cho sees your lineage, as undead, he remarks that he thought you looked sickly but only after seeing that did he really understand what happened to you.

On horde side the Hozen, Riko, has a crush on an undead female who is always wearing a mask and he's horrified when she takes it off and he can see her skull through her face.

There don't seem to be any undead on Pandaria. They probably don't all completely understand why you call yourself that. On top of that, Pandaren seem VERY polite and don't want to be like "Hey, what's wrong with your face?"

As far as they know your species just looks that way. They don't judge. It's only as weird as seeing a Draenei or Worgen to them most likely.
You know, I've been feeling exactly that with my forsaken hunter. Just yesterday, I was doing the quests with the grummles and the guy was like "It's good luck when an Undead helps you". And I had to laugh so hard. Everyone loves me, says how much good there is in me and how much of a hero I am and it's just weird. Ah well, my hunter is sure enjoying the attention! she feels a lot better about her undead self now :D
10/05/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Telendriss
Within the context of the lore, every step we take should be producing some manner of Sha in our wake.

There would be little signs popping up all over Pandaria. "Death Knights, Please Keep Off the Grass. And the Rocks. And the Dirt. And Keep Out of the Buildings. Hell, Just Go Home."
Pandaren quest giver says to me "slowwww dowwwn."

My arm falls off in front of him. I awkwardly bend over, pick it up, and refasten it to my elbow.

Pardaren blinks in disbelief.

I say "go on"
10/05/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Renfeild
Come, walk with me undead

They're pandas, they don't know any better.
the only weird reaction ive seen towards undead was during the hozen questline when the hozen scout sent with the horde forces wants a kiss from the rogue (who is undead, but he didnt know.. yet)

otherwise idk. they dont mind us trolls either even though he are attacking them in kunlai summit (not the same tribe... but still)