Gaming the System

Pet Battles
I have seen this a few too many times for it to be coincidence.

I have an evenly leveled team--literally one level of disparity at any given point. (like at current, 15-16-15.)

I have seen way too many instances of pet battles where one pet is 3-4 levels lower, with the other 2 (or just one) at a +1-2 above the team.

This is getting really annoying to put it extremely gently. Like it's intentional or something. If you have a certain max level you shouldn't be able to face anyone who doesn't have at least one or more of that. z.z
System matches groups by average level and it's quite rewarding to game the system so people do it. You get good exp, work towards achievements, free heal for all pets at end, can queue for battle while questing and queue is generally short, bonus exp for 'difficulty' for lower level pets.
*grunt* Unsure I like that, especially with higher disparity. Not fun to be on the receiving end of a thrashing from a pet that was 2 levels or even more above. z_z
10/05/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Pixie
System matches groups by average level and it's quite rewarding to game the system so people do it. You get good exp, work towards achievements, free heal for all pets at end, can queue for battle while questing and queue is generally short, bonus exp for 'difficulty' for lower level pets.

I don't think it does match average level because I have had it put me with people with an 18 and 2 15s when I have 2 14s and a 15. So my average level is 14 and theirs is 16.
10/05/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Reeverswoman

I don't think it does match average level because I have had it put me with people with an 18 and 2 15s when I have 2 14s and a 15. So my average level is 14 and theirs is 16.

I believe it matches to +/-2 levels so that level range fits.
To be fair, the same leveling disparity is seen in WoW PvP in the lower levels. The only cure for it is to fight at max level.
10/05/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Obliquatur
To be fair, the same leveling disparity is seen in WoW PvP in the lower levels. The only cure for it is to fight at max level.

Shame that such a thing'd be necessary. z_z
Just level out in the world like I do. Much easier, and you have a chance to catch Rare quality pets and work towards your achievement.
10/06/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Raxion
Just level out in the world like I do. Much easier, and you have a chance to catch Rare quality pets and work towards your achievement.

Great idea except there are pvp pet battle achievements as well.
Yes, unfortunately the way the system is set up now, there is no effective way to win unless you have a max leveled team. There isn't any skill involved its just luck that you don't get smurfed.
The problem I have is that CC effect HIT RATE is effected by level differential. This is realy bad game design. So I high level frog, for example, has a much better than 25% chance to frog a lower level opponent. Its a huge oversight by Blizz.