Why was world first 90 reset again?

General Discussion
I mean mob tagging is not an exploit, in fact blizzard did an interview with the first level 80 and he said he used mob tagging to get to 80 first.

Secondly the buff the mobs give when you kill them was in the game so he was using in game mechanics. And that's all he did to get to 90 first. Was there ever a reason given as to why he was reset?
He used his brain.

Ain't allowed in these parts.
It was only to discourage people from doing the same thing.
I mean mob tagging is not an exploit, in fact blizzard did an interview with the first level 80 and he said he used mob tagging to get to 80 first.

Secondly the buff the mobs give when you kill them was in the game so he was using in game mechanics. And that's all he did to get to 90 first. Was there ever a reason given as to why he was reset?

He exploited an instantly spawning mob which was granting higher than expected xp to generate around 12 million xp an hour.

Blizzard rolled him back for abusing this single npc, not for getting people to tag mobs for him
You obviously didn't read that article very well, first guy to 80 is the same as this years world first 90, in both cases he got reset. If I'm not mistaken world first 85 got reset as well at cata launch.

Athene got reset for using a glitch, not just mob tagging.

I'm not talking about Athene, they reset him I was talking about that blood elf warlock who used mob tagging outside of the instance to get world first 80, not counting Athene.
Why do you care?

And yes, having other people tag mobs for you HAS resulted in world firsts being taken away before. So they knew.

Having other people tag the mob PLUS exploiting? Yeah.
Why do you care?

And yes, having other people tag mobs for you HAS resulted in world firsts being taken away before. So they knew.

Having other people tag the mob PLUS exploiting? Yeah.

Was also wondering why you care - and we don't have all the facts - so personally don't care.