Been wanting to level a resto shammy

Shaman
For PvE. Before I level em I just wanted to ask if rshammies are good at lvl 90 for PvE? I really enjoy healing dungeons so that's what I'll be focusing on doing. Any response would be appreciated :D
thx!
Anyone?
I'm really liking mine. I got my resto druid to 90, and have been hopping back and forth across my hpally, rshaman and dpriest as potential alts. Shaman is the only one where I don't cry a bit when I get a random dungeon group with 2 melee. Healing Rain > derpy melee tunnel vision (I'M GONNA STAND IN THIS FIRE FOR MAX DAMAGE!)
Thx for the reply. Healing rain sounds pretty awesome. Anyone else wanna chime in? Are Rshamans great for endgame PvE?
Only speaking from heroic dungeon experience, but PvE feels pretty easy most of the time. Riptide off cd making 100% Tidal Waves uptime possible and Healing Rain help with that.

I also don't see any downside to dropping Healing Stream off cooldown, maybe another shaman will tell you why that's bad.
hmm
I'm mainly into PvP but I have been PvEing lately to help out guildies and have found it to be very fun and easy. While I don't normally find PvE very exciting it was still fun to pop HTT, Healing Rain, Ascendance, Heroism, and my elementals on the final bosses and watching the screen fill up with those heals :p
i Just started up again 3 days ago and i have to say i love my shammy even more. It took some getting use to with my healing totem only healing one target but now that i got the handle on things a lil bit i like the changes. constant riptide is amazing (love tidal waves) and i love the new healing totem. So far it has been my oh s*** button in dungeons. i would say give the sammy a shot. it couldn't hurt.
All I can definitely say is that it isn't even difficult.

I spend most heroics with healing rain and healing stream up and spamming lightning bolt.
i have so far not had any issues healing dungeons and hav ebeen told the rshamans are pretty much go to now
I have a feeling we are going to get heal nerfed so bad in the near future.
The only issue I've had is with the glyph of riptide. losing the cd on it made me go back to druid healing mode and spam it on everyone, makes me go oom fast. But I guess that's just me being bad. Other than that I'm loving it.
10/07/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Jedlor
The only issue I've had is with the glyph of riptide. losing the cd on it made me go back to druid healing mode and spam it on everyone, makes me go oom fast. But I guess that's just me being bad. Other than that I'm loving it.

Do you have telluric currents on? really all you need to do is keep riptide active on the tank at all times for the tidal bouns. i never really have had oom problems once i got the hang of it. if you are REALLY out of mana halfway into it drop mana tide totem.
Thx for all the replies guys. I will definitely give Rshammy a try out now. Sounds like its awesome for PvE healing!
its a blast! i would do questing in elemental once you can dual spec so much faster.
we're in good shape from a pve standpoint. Our regen is the only thing that is going to suffer down the road... right now resurgence procs are pretty strong and keeping us in line but perhaps later on we'll see trouble there. Throughput is great... and a VAST array of CDs available with spirit link (raid wall), healing tide (tranq), ascendance (throughput buff), and fire/earth eles if you talent into them (damage reduction and healing % increase). About the only class imo we are behind (just from a raw throughput perspective) is monks.

Also with strong single target and raid heals... we have the opportunity to tank or raid heal (often during the same encounter) and swap between the 2 with ease. I often find myself in a 2ndary tank heal role where I supplement our hpal/disc priest on fights with high tank damage.

We are the only healer though currently without a single target (tank) damage reduction cd... but imo make it up with the extra raid cds (only spec with more than one).