I feel like you guys want an easy class.

Paladin
Out of all the questions I see on the forums, nothing gets me more than "Ret Sucks."

I see "We will never be as good as we were in Wrath."

You guys need to get "What used to be" out of your mind. The games changed, and with that so doesn't everything else. Hybrid Classes will never beat Pure Dps Classes, and not be nerfed.

Our DPS as Ret isn't bad. I did Sha of Anger, for the first time, without any knowledge of the fight. I was pugged with half of the Top horde guild on the server, who basically have most of the best horde Players.

I topped out burst at 90k, and settled down to somwhere around 60kish before I got MCD, ended up in second.

This is with, at the time 1 Piece of Epic 476 Gear, 3 pieces of Level 94/95 blues, and the rest being heroic blues.

Those of you who are doing low DPS need to look up what you're doing wrong, or come to the forums like many do and ask what you're doing wrong.

There are a handful of us that are willing to help players understand their class better.

Most of the time, when people are doing low DPS. it is either their Rotation, or their Gear (Gemming/Reforging Included.) Theres been so many of you that don't bother to hit/exp cap either.

TL:DR - It's not the class, it's the player. If you have low DPS do some research or ask for help.
10/07/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Mudkìp
Those of you who are doing low DPS need to look up what you're doing wrong, or come to the forums like many do and ask what you're doing wrong.

What we did wrong? We rolled a Pally, Blizz hit us with the nurf bat more than once, and we continue to play a pally. That's what we did wrong.
10/07/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Lobster

What we did wrong? We rolled a Pally, Blizz hit us with the nurf bat more than once, and we continue to play a pally. That's what we did wrong.

The only thing wrong here is your attitude.

And probably your DPS.

You have 600 points in blacksmithing, yet your gloves and bracers don't have sockets. You have a 463 weapon, but it's not enchanted, nor is any of your other gear. You have a crit cogwheel in your trinket, even though you're not expertise capped (not even for heroics). I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that the multitude of greens are because you don't have much gold nor play time, although your epic BoE legs suggest otherwise.

It doesn't even matter whether the class is undertuned; this is all entirely separate from that. If you want to figure out what the shortcomings of the class are, remove your own shortcomings first. Come back when you've given it a real try, and make some actual points rather than waving vaguely at an unspecified DK who farms dailies better than you, and people might take you somewhat seriously.
10/07/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Lobster

The only thing wrong here is your attitude.

And probably your DPS.

10/07/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Ravicana

You have 600 points in blacksmithing, yet your gloves and bracers don't have sockets. You have a 463 weapon, but it's not enchanted, nor is any of your other gear. You have a crit cogwheel in your trinket, even though you're not expertise capped (not even for heroics). I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that the multitude of greens are because you don't have much gold nor play time, although your epic BoE legs suggest otherwise.

It doesn't even matter whether the class is undertuned; this is all entirely separate from that. If you want to figure out what the shortcomings of the class are, remove your own shortcomings first. Come back when you've given it a real try, and make some actual points rather than waving vaguely at an unspecified DK who farms dailies better than you, and people might take you somewhat seriously.
10/07/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Thadium

Ret is in a phenomenal state right now.
Ret was both easy and super powerful in Wrath. I personally really like where Ret is right now, though it is my off spec