I actually feel bad for rogues in pvp..

Battlegrounds
Post Limit:
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
At least rogues are getting a lot of mileage out of cheat death this season...
I'm proud that I kept playing my rogue!

{looks at portrait}

Well, maybe I'm not so proud, and maybe I'm not playing my rogue anymore.
I saw a rogue complaining on trade chat about how terrible rogues are now. He was basically saying he hated rogues now and didn't want to play one ever again.

I whispered him and let him know how I was using my rogue; talents, glyphs, play style. He reworked his class and jumped into a BG. When he got out he whispered me back saying he absolutely loved his rogue again and was going to stick to playing rogue for a while.

Rogues aren't broken, they just aren't face roll anymore. I play all 11 classes but warrior is my main. I played through the terrible times of s11 primarily with my warrior. If you take time to learn the details of your class it makes a big difference.
Rogues don't suck. Just learn how to play.
I have 2 rogues and they suck in PVP. Really they suck hard like a 1500 dollar !@#$%.

In PVE they do well. I did a few dungeons to check DPS and I was at top in damage and DPS with both rogues. Weird huh?
Man rogues are a whiny bunch (yes the op is druid but he is just a fotm reroller like me :P). Yea rogues are no longer op, but they still aren't the bottom of the barrel for melee. I would have to say that spot is solidly held by monks, followed up by a tie between feral and enhance. Rogue sits under warriors, rets and dk... The problem for rogues right now is that warriors hit like a truck (no cd on overpower?) and warriors are a pretty mean counter to rogues.

Stop complaining about being middle of the pack, warriors will be nerfed (hopefully!) then everything will be just hunky dory for rogues again.
10/09/2012 09:02 AMPosted by Kungfool
4.3=All of Cata it would seem.

You actually think it was only 4.3 legendaries and vials that made rogues good?

Rogues were good from the start of cata because of the ridiculous amount of healing they were getting back from recup + smoke bomb being on prep + combat readiness + 1 minute cd on shadow dance... the list goes on.

Trashy rogues got decent ratings in cata because of legendaries and vial. They absolutely outmatched every class in regards to survivability, cc, and damage om a single spec. They had enough burst to kill nearly any target in a smoke bomb, they had all the control from wrath when they were essentially glass canons with control, and flat out, had more defensive abilities then anyone.

This is the kind of !@#$ people just don't get. And how would they were the extent of their experience is 1500 range and bgs. Rogues were strong, very strong. It wasn't oranges and purples.
Unless you have a different account Kedali, you don't even have a Rogue past 80.
10/09/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Adroite
4.3=All of Cata it would seem.

You actually think it was only 4.3 legendaries and vials that made rogues good?

Rogues were good from the start of cata because of the ridiculous amount of healing they were getting back from recup + smoke bomb being on prep + combat readiness + 1 minute cd on shadow dance... the list goes on.

Trashy rogues got decent ratings in cata because of legendaries and vial. They absolutely outmatched every class in regards to survivability, cc, and damage om a single spec. They had enough burst to kill nearly any target in a smoke bomb, they had all the control from wrath when they were essentially glass canons with control, and flat out, had more defensive abilities then anyone.

This is the kind of !@#$ people just don't get. And how would they were the extent of their experience is 1500 range and bgs. Rogues were strong, very strong. It wasn't oranges and purples.

You throw a lot of insults out for someone who can't read.

He said dominant class, which we weren't until late Cata. I didn't say we weren't good. But you seem to conveniently forget the choice of play Mut and waddle around, or play Sub and tickle people with daggers. If you were dying in a sb, it wasn't the rogues damage that did it. And I got globaled enough times by warriors through 5 stacks of cr, to be able to laugh at your one sided perspective.

You seem to have come up with a huge giant list of complaints about my comment, but you spent a lot of time addressing things I didn't say or imply, and never once bothered to put it in context.

LOL ratings trolls, between DDOS'ing, win trading, carries, hacks, purchased accounts, and all the other business that goes on, I am supposed to take an arbitrary number seriously. I'm glad your ego is fulfilled by having a big number where it counts.
This thread has gotten bigger than I thought it would
I have 2 rogues and they suck in PVP. Really they suck hard like a 1500 dollar !@#$%.

In PVE they do well. I did a few dungeons to check DPS and I was at top in damage and DPS with both rogues. Weird huh?

I suck in pvp* not rogues.
Just nice to see rogues in a place where they belong. Proof that the class was op thru cata but now it's correctly balanced. cant even find a rogue that can come close to beating me these days.
10/08/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Jugaa
I don't! I'm sure last season none of them felt bad for locks as they killed us over and over :)

^ this.

Now I go toe-to-toe with rogues knowing full well that without vial of skill and free legendary daggers, they're just like every other melee.

10/08/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Skitzoh
When we could easily handle 2v1 situations

Had to LOL hard at this one. "we were good when we could 1v2, now that we are no longer retardedly op, I say rogues are garbage".
10/09/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Dochaelian
Just nice to see rogues in a place where they belong. Proof that the class was op thru cata but now it's correctly balanced. cant even find a rogue that can come close to beating me these days.

Please get common sense and think about what you said, while yes rogues were op during late cata, not early mind you, they still do not deserve to be UP now.
10/09/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Shadowofsin

Please get common sense and think about what you said, while yes rogues were op during late cata, not early mind you, they still do not deserve to be UP now.

Listen. the rogues who complain now are the ones who had legendaries / heroic vials last season. Rogues are still perfectly fine this season.
im complaining i didnt have legendaries or a vial lmao.
any way now its just bm hunters who can get good rating without trying.

You need to improve your rogue skills imho. While you complain mir is still getting rank 1 thsi season as a rogue. If he can get rank 1. You can get atleast 2200. :D (if you set your heart to it)
Inb4 sum1 sayz 'now the skilled players will actually come out and play rogues.'
cant figure out if OP is trolling... just cause roags cant global everything with total control and insane survivability doesnt mean they are terrible in any way shape or form, bad players on a heavily favored class QQ'ing..... "i cant kill people before cheap shot ends waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"
Ya' can't learn if you don't burn.

Why play Gawd-almighty? I'll take the challenge. I'll be fodder, and sometime I won't. Enjoy the crow, Gawds of PvP.