Borderlands 2 Sucked Imo

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Post Limit:
I don't get what people like about that game. I played with a friend up til level 8 when a guest on his account and lost all my progress when trying to log back in with him to continue. We had to start over again after that.

The enemies annoyingly kept respawning in various areas, the shields were weak and mostly too expensive. The weapons were mostly pretty bad and just uninteresting at all. Most of the enemies seemed to take forever to kill and they would spawn in hordes and overwhelm you. It just felt like a HUGE grind and on top of that the devs said you would get quests out in the world. Yet, you apparently still have to pick up quests and turn them in just like the past game.

I just don't get the hype with this game. It really isn't that good. If anything I felt incredibly bored running around trying to have fun with weapons and my talent builds. It just didn't come together that well at all and frankly I am glad he and I both only decided to rent this on redbox. Lastly, the graphics weren't bad, but the environments were way too oversaturated with one type of color and seemed very bland. I mean all of the early zones are ice filled zones that all seem to mesh together with any towns you come across. It must be that today's gamers just like absolutely horrible games and have very low standards. I really don't get the point, as the weapons really are underpowered and not epic at all.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that most mobs had way too much health, and targeting them was really wonky. I tried to keep focused on my target by using the left trigger but the recoil and targeting hairs were all over the place. It is hard to lock onto enemies from range manually. And if I didn't mention it, the driving was horrible. Seriously steering those vehicles is incredibly strange.
I hope you're trolling...

10/09/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Padgarre
I played with a friend up til level 8

Of course the gear and loot is gonna suck...you're fricken level 8..

Do you complain when about low level gear in WoW too?

I really don't get the point, as the weapons really are underpowered and not epic at all.

Once again, level 8.

Most of the enemies seemed to take forever to kill and they would spawn in hordes and overwhelm you

If enemies are respawning and you're being overwhelmed it means you're not killing them fast enough.

Lastly, the graphics weren't bad, but the environments were way too oversaturated with one type of color and seemed very bland. I mean all of the early zones are ice filled zones that all seem to mesh together with any towns you come across.

Yes an arctic area is going to be filled with lots of ice, go figure. Lets completely ignore the giant fire breathing ship perched atop an icy mountain. Totally bland and boring.

Oh but wait, wow's zones are exactly the same way. Hellfire peninsula is all orange, netherstorm is all purple, khaz'modan is all snowy, elwynn is all green, westfall is all yellow. I mean really, you've got to be joking.

It just felt like a HUGE grind and on top of that the devs said you would get quests out in the world. Yet, you apparently still have to pick up quests and turn them in just like the past game.

I don't see the problem here? You have to pick up and turn in quests? Oh, what an awful game!

It must be that today's gamers just like absolutely horrible games and have very low standards.

Or maybe it's that gamers need instant gratification, wanting epic loot within the first 10 levels of playing. Or maybe it's that gamers like to judge the quality of an entire game after playing it for 2 or 3 hours. Or it could be those gamers who have double standards, judging one game harshly for certain reasons but not another. Who knows, man.
Not trolling. These were my impressions upon playing the game and how I felt after trying the game until level 8/9. After getting to sanctuary it felt pointless to continue once inside the town and heading out to do more quests.

It's like this really loud obnoxious game that tries to impress on you how awesome it is, while honestly when you look past that you see how bad it truly is.
I tried to keep focused on my target by using the left trigger but the recoil and targeting hairs were all over the place. It is hard to lock onto enemies from range manually.

Do you not play first person shooters?
I gotta admit... this is kind of funny. I mean, it seems like you're not used to first person shooters nor RPGs. Or perhaps you don't like either. You're basically throwing off the vibe that you don't have much experience or joy of either, previous to picking it up... Why did you get it to begin with?

It's full of crazy loot, great finds, and frankly, you're not remotely close to the tip of the iceberg.

The loss of levels is a strange bug, and sucks, but that seems to be the only concrete example you have against the game.

The game actually does a pretty good job of keeping the main questline moving while also offering interesting and funny side quests. I would recommend playing through the first one before committing to the second one, especially because the games are very similar in their execution of gameplay, mobs, quests, etc. It's cheaper, too!

As for your most recent post, I would recommend not treating it like WoW in the sense that quests are about getting experience and levels - this isn't an MMO. It's an RPG that is also an FPS, which means the quests ARE the story. You need to do them and enjoy them. If you can't look at the quests as the story, you're frankly lost and might as well give up trying to enjoy the game, because you'll never get to a place where the world becomes tons of fun, especially since you can't get past Sanctuary.
Yeah I play FPS games like CoD, in fact played them all and completed them all. Played Mass Effect 3 and loved it, SKyrim and loved it at least until I couldn't see the point in playing it anymore.

This game BL2 however just sucked. There is no way for me to like it. I tried going into it and liking it, but honestly I think it must be peer pressure or the hype as to why everyone likes this game. But then again some people like Fallout 3 and Oblivion while I can't stand them.

EDIT: And played the first BL up til level 15-20 I think...can't remember. That game annoyed me to no ends with all the respawning of enemies...errrrgh. Couldn't stand to finish it for that reason and other reasons as well.
Yeah I play FPS games like CoD, in fact played them all and completed them all. Played Mass Effect 3 and loved it, SKyrim and loved it at least until I couldn't see the point in playing it anymore.

This game BL2 however just sucked. There is no way for me to like it. I tried going into it and liking it, but honestly I think it must be peer pressure or the hype as to why everyone likes this game. But then again some people like Fallout 3 and Oblivion while I can't stand them.

EDIT: And played the first BL up til level 15-20 I think...can't remember. That game annoyed me to no ends with all the respawning of enemies...errrrgh. Couldn't stand to finish it for that reason and other reasons as well.

Sadly the first one and second one play very similarly, so I really ope you're just playing on a friend's game and not one you bought! If not, that sucks.

However, I bought this game (and BL1) simply because I fell in love with the RPG influence on an FPS. It hits well with me and I like it even more than games like Diablo and Torchlight.

It's silly to say people must like it because of the hype lol. The hype existed because Borderlands 1 was pretty darn successful and a bunch of people loved playing it. Borderlands 2 is very close to Borderlands 1 in that they kept everything they did right (according to those who liked it, anyway), did away with things that weren't liked, and improved upon the rest of the game.
Yeah I play FPS games like CoD

Lol no wonder you complain about recoil. It's nonexistent in CoD. Try playing a real FPS!
10/09/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Tomac
Yeah I play FPS games like CoD

Lol no wonder you complain about recoil. It's nonexistent in CoD. Try playing a real FPS!

I am just extremely difficult to please when it comes to gaming. But honestly for realism the best is probably that army simulator called Arma or whatever. A game has to do something very well to catch my attention. It has to do it so well it is mind blowingly awesome.
What does cod do that's mindblowly awesome?
10/09/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Tomac

Makes a grown man sound like a 5 year old girl throwing a fit at a supermarket.
10/09/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Tomac

CoD is so mindblowingly awesome at being a horrible FPS.
Played it all the way to level 8. Guess that says it all. Respawning enemies? How dare they. That didn't happen in the first game! Oh, wait...

Still...never mind, he was all of level 8. Level 8! That's got to be the definitive moment of the game. Gearbox obviously screwed the pooch on this one. Level 8 and it sucks. Who knew?
I played Borderlands 2 as well up to about level 25...26 and I also found the aiming to be way sloppy, the enemies swarm you and massacre you, and also I find it difficult to see them because they blend in with the background almost. so I'm being peppered by bullets from unknown locations a good amt of the time. So basically I ran into much of the problems he listed. I also am a normal fan of FPS, loved Bulletstorm, Metro 2033, Half-life 1 and 2, and... yes, flame on me if you want, I loved the serious sam titles, at least the older ones.. haven't really played much of the newer one to judge it.
I love BL2. :)