Huggywuggles v. MoP reputation solutions

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 Next
10/04/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Kensen
I'm still pretty impressed with mop though its far better than I ever thought it would be the dread wastes zone is just beyond amazing everything about it is perfect the quests are just awesome. I mean how can you not like those dailies too they are fun.

I get what some people are saying. I've said it before: familiarity breeds contempt. And I get that. I understand and sympathize with it.

BUT I feel, that while not EXACTLY what I or many others were hoping for, we have an equitable solution.

I prefer to look at it like this: It's essentially an attunement process that has an accelerated attunement process across the board. Not too shabby, if you ask me.
Is there a way to hear Blizzard weigh in on these proposed solutions instead of listening to our fellow players recant the same tired arguments about people "wanting gear handed to them" and "blowing through content too fast"? (Too fast according to whom and what laws of progression?)

I'm asking for a sound and fair approach to earning rep without daily limits - or one with expanded daily limits.

I also happen to agree with a previous poster that some of those rewards should be timeless and irreplaceable.
HUGGYWUGGLES, I LOVE YOU BRO!

You posted in a concise & clear manner in which we got a change coming down the pipeline next patch!

:D
HUGGYWUGGLES, I LOVE YOU BRO!

You posted in a concise & clear manner in which we got a change coming down the pipeline next patch!

:D

The change was already incoming...I just wanted to get some ideas out there /shrug.

Huggy, could you please do a:

Huggywuggles v CRZ

CRZ? Thread requests? Yeesh. Wait, are you SURE you're caller ten? :P
10/04/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Kensen
That's it man "change" so many new and different things have happened it really seemed to scare off some of the older veteran players it seems, now a lot of that player base is still around because really I still think there is plenty of good things for the veterans and newer people alike and if stuff never changed how would anything progress at all? You gotta move forward and try new things and ideas at some point right?

Pretty much. And sometimes, to achieve our goals, it often requires us to do things we don't like to do. "Eat your brussel sprouts or no dessert!" still rings in my ears to this very day.
10/03/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Huggywuggles
To encourage some character development without taking away the entire experience.

Hmmm...interesting!
That's just not true.

I got my first epic rep reward (the necklace from the Klaxxi), with them at honored.

It is better than anything from heroics - and I haven't decided if I plan to get back into raiding.

It is true. Give it a month when you're in full purples, see how worth it grinding the rep out for that neck really was.

The point of the matter is that the path from questing neck to purple neck is much shorter than the path from questing neck to Klaxxi rep neck. Especially as time goes on and we start getting into the next tiers of raiding. It's a problem which has existed since Vanilla that Blizzard refuses to address after 8 years.

Let's work on keeping content relevant instead of relegating it to the dust bin.
That's just not true.

I got my first epic rep reward (the necklace from the Klaxxi), with them at honored.

It is better than anything from heroics - and I haven't decided if I plan to get back into raiding.

It is true. Give it a month when you're in full purples, see how worth it grinding the rep out for that neck really was.

The point of the matter is that the path from questing neck to purple neck is much shorter than the path from questing neck to Klaxxi rep neck. Especially as time goes on and we start getting into the next tiers of raiding. It's a problem which has existed since Vanilla that Blizzard refuses to address after 8 years.

Let's work on keeping content relevant instead of relegating it to the dust bin.

If they wanted to keep content relevant we wouldn't have flying mounts.
I think people are failing to see that they don't have to do ALL the dailies. As a fresh level 90 you open what dailies? Golden Lotus, Cloud Serpent, Anglers, Tillers and Klaxxi. One of those reps is for a mount only, 2 of them are for secondary professions (granted it could be useful to have more than one toon with a full open farm) which leaves just 2 sets of dailies you need to grind out until you get to revered with Golden Lotus, at which point 2 more sets open up.

So really there are only 2 major rep vendors that sell gear until you unlock 2 more. From a time perspective it shouldn't really take you all that long to do each day. I think it takes me about an hour to an hour and a half to do all 5 I have access to at this stage. I am almost exalted with the cloud serpent so I won't be needing to do those very soon. Same with the Tillers and Klaxxi.

From an alt perspective though I do see the issue. Yes it does take some time to grind out each faction and the task of doing it on X,Y,Z alt seems a little daunting.
I also like how people complain when something is too difficult and demand that it be changed to suit thier needs. But when Blizzard makes things easier it is the same people that complain that everything is too easy.....
I just killed the first boss in the vaults tonight too :). Might try the next one tomorrow, healing intensive hey? *cowers in fear*
10/04/2012 06:10 AMPosted by Teodoro

This

While that is a good idea, it is still a broken one. The dailies give you 110 rep, WITH guild perk. Meaning your alts will get -11- rep per daily. You need 6K, 12K, then 21K. These dailes will take over 6 months just to get Exalted with them. Imagine for your alts? The sad thing is even if they put in a "BoA Tabard" for Revered, so your alts can just dungeon: The dungeons have VERY little mobs, and even less Justice Points so grinding the rep that way would still take a while. (Not even 1/1000th as long as these dailies will.)

The reason I was suggesting only 10% is because of the number of toons you can have at once. Sure, you're second toon still has to grind out 90% of what the first one did but then the third only needs 80%, fourth needs 70%... etc, etc. Any more than 10% and you're going to start having alts hit exalted without ever having played.

I suppose you could make it 20% or more if you also make it so the alt has to have encountered the faction to gain rep with it.
We're working on a change for a future patch that will make it easier to gain reputation with a specific faction on every alt on your Battle.net account, after you reach a certain reputation with that faction on another character.

Stay tuned for more information on this, likely coming before the end of the week.

Your solution is still going to be painfully slow. You earn anywhere from 838-1200 rep with various factions a day...even doubling those would still make it a 2-3 week process for just exalted.