Why Aren't People Up in Arms...

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
10/03/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Snocterris
Anduin will GET PAINTED RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Painting Anduin red
We're painting Anduin red
We dare not stop
Or waste a drop
So let the paint be spread

Oh, painting Anduin red
And many a tear we shed
Because we know
He'll cease to grow
In fact, he'll soon be dead
And yet we go ahead
Painting Anduin red

Painting Anduin red
Oh, pardon me
But Mister Three
Why must you paint him red?

*talking*

Huh? Oh! Well, the fact is, Miss
We wrote a good prince by mistake
And...

*singing*

The fans they likes 'em red
If they saw good instead
They'd raise a fuss
And each of us
Blizz would lose it's head
[Alice:Goodness!]
Since this is the part we dread We're painting Anduin red

[Alice:Oh, Dear! Then let me help you]
Painting Anduin red
Don't tell the fans what you have seen
Or say that's what we said
But we're painting Anduin red
Yes, painting Anduin red
Not pink
Not green
Not aquamarine
We're painting Anduin red!
Except no

Simply using Mind Control alone is just ethically questionable, since it removes free will. But if it's for the greater good, then no harm is done

If on the other hand you use Mind Control to do horrible things, like trick zombies into slaughtering their former comrades right after you killed them, then it's a different story
Except no

Simply using Mind Control alone is just ethically questionable, since it removes free will. But if it's for the greater good, then no harm is done

If on the other hand you use Mind Control to do horrible things, like trick zombies into slaughtering their former comrades right after you killed them, then it's a different story

When they're trying to kill you. Enemies in a war. How is that a bad thing and not for the greater good of your people and nation?
Because the Forsaken attacked Ambermill, not the other way around.

Because the Forsaken, unprovoked, attacked Dalaran holdings

Because what's good for the Forsaken isn't necesarily for the overall greater good

What Anduin was doing to get to speak to the White Tiger was a lot bigger than just for the good of Stormwind.

Because what's good for the Forsaken isn't necesarily for the overall greater good

What Anduin was doing to get to speak to the White Tiger was a lot bigger than just for the good of Stormwind.

In a war. They attacked the ambermill while in a war.

the ones that blizz confirmed was a mistake due to the writers not knowing the lore?

Cool. greater good of your nation against the greater good of your enemies in a war. How's that a problem?

Cool. Anduin is a good prince. That's not in dispute. Not by me.

Cool. So if China declared war on South Korea and Japan one day and rolled in to conquer and subjugate the populations, it'd be totally permissible because a state of war existed?

You understand that the only requirement for a state of war existing is one side saying "a state of war exists?" That's literally all that it takes. That's what a declaration of war is.
Because Anduin is as goody-goody and as innocence, naive, and optimistic as anyone written into the World of Warcraft story can get.

He should seriously start thinking about using his Mind Control for more Alliance - beneficial, Horde - detrimental purposes.
10/03/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Vyrin

Cool. So if China declared war on South Korea and Japan one day and rolled in to conquer and subjugate the populations, it'd be totally permissible because a state of war existed?

You understand that the only requirement for a state of war existing is one side saying "a state of war exists?" That's literally all that it takes. That's what a declaration of war is.

How does that relate to WoW? Both sides had been in a war.

Amberville (Speculative), Dalaran Crater, and Nethergarde Keep are all Dalaran settlements and holdings, and were attacked without the Horde having declared war against Dalaran.

the ones that blizz confirmed was a mistake due to the writers not knowing the lore?

Cool. greater good of your nation against the greater good of your enemies in a war. How's that a problem?

Cool. Anduin is a good prince. That's not in dispute. Not by me.

Wrong.

Ambermill is part of Dalaran, and Dalaran was not in the Alliance. The Forsaken and the Horde were not at war with Dalaran

Writer error or not, the Forsaken attacked Ambermill unprovoked, killed the inhabitants, and mind controlled them

Farcry from what Anduin did
10/03/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Elenie

Amberville (Speculative), Dalaran Crater, and Nethergarde Keep are all Dalaran settlements and holdings, and were attacked without the Horde having declared war against Dalaran.

Ah, got my town mixed up. Dalaran Crater and netherguard used valkyr?

Wrong.

Ambermill is part of Dalaran, and Dalaran was not in the Alliance. The Forsaken and the Horde were not at war with Dalaran

Writer error or not, the Forsaken attacked Ambermill unprovoked, killed the inhabitants, and mind controlled them

Ambermill was not unprovoked. read the quest.

Farcry from what Anduin did

okay?
He's a spoiled little !@#$ and I hate have to deal with him. Where the hell is Tyrande or Moira or Mekkatorque or someone interesting? The fact that he's taking up more valuable development time instead of far more deserving characters is awful.

God, what a spoiled brat.

What, just because a massive Alliance fleet came after me, and %^-*loads of men died in the fight against the Horde, I'm expected to actually help fulfil the mission they died for?

Please.

Plus, the Horde are totally the good guys. Theramore doesn't count.
While Godfrey and I make preparations for our assault upon Gilneas, I want you to lead our attack upon Ambermill, directly east of here.
The former Dalaran magi of Ambermill have erected a magical barrier that somehow cloaks them from vision. They currently reside within some type of pocket dimension, awaiting orders from the Alliance to begin their attack. We must prevent their assault by making a pre-emptive strike. Venture to Ambermill and find information that would grant us access to the mages.

That's from the first Ambermill quest.

The wowpedia entry also says that Ambermill was concidering assisting with an invasion of Lordaeron if the Alliance ever showed up. While it's intentions are known... it's not clear who made the first move
10/03/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Jacksprat

Ah, got my town mixed up. Dalaran Crater and netherguard used valkyr?

Dalaran Crater? No, it was, I believe, a single agent of the Forsaken acting on behalf of someone given the authority by Sylvanas to do whatever was necessary to acquire the means to enter Amberville.

Nethergarde was assaulted by Orcish Forces in the Blasted Lands.
While Godfrey and I make preparations for our assault upon Gilneas, I want you to lead our attack upon Ambermill, directly east of here.
The former Dalaran magi of Ambermill have erected a magical barrier that somehow cloaks them from vision. They currently reside within some type of pocket dimension, awaiting orders from the Alliance to begin their attack. We must prevent their assault by making a pre-emptive strike. Venture to Ambermill and find information that would grant us access to the mages.

The wowpedia entry also says that Ambermill was concidering assisting with an invasion of Lordaeron if the Alliance ever showed up. While it's intentions are known... it's not clear who made the first move

Whoever made the first move, it wasn't "unprovoked".

Dalaran Crater? No, it was, I believe, a single agent of the Forsaken acting on behalf of someone given the authority by Sylvanas to do whatever was necessary to acquire the means to enter Amberville.

Ah, kk. Can't log in so I can't check on a few things unless I already know what to look for.

edit: Thank you, btw :)

Ah, kk. Can't log in so I can't check on a few things unless I already know what to look for.

edit: Thank you, btw :)

No problem ^.^

Whoever made the first move, it wasn't "unprovoked".

And what makes it unprovoked?

The fact that Ambermill has existed there for decades, resisting any and all undead. They're just supposed to evacuate because Sylvanas wants more land?

And what makes it unprovoked?

The fact that Ambermill has existed there for decades, resisting any and all undead. They're just supposed to evacuate because Sylvanas wants more land?

What makes it provoked is that they are a force close to forsaken lands that had already descided to join the forsakens enemies. Making them a legitamate threat.