MSV Stone Guard made for mages?

Mage
I did some attempts on the stone guard last night in a partial guild group. We didn't down the boss yet but my dps was through the roof on this fight i was averaging 40-45k on most most pulls and the last pull i did 50.9k. Was this fight designed for mages? I dropped frost bomb and RoP replacing them with IW and nether tempest for this fight because there is so much movement
Go Fire and use invocation, living bomb. I did between 85k and 120k every attempt. spreading combust is too good to pass up on this fight.
Thats is true fire is way better
but i used rune instead and i got 100-110k each pull
10/04/2012 06:04 AMPosted by Vincerus
Go Fire and use invocation, living bomb. I did between 85k and 120k every attempt. spreading combust is too good to pass up on this fight.

Thats is true fire is way better
but i used rune instead and i got 100-110k each pull

You were both dying very quickly then.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu%27shan_Vaults/The_Stone_Guard/10N/Fire_Mage/
Had some awful, awful pug tanks that simply could get figure out the mechanic, so I didn't down it, but with invocation and frost I was hitting 70-80k on most pulls (100k+ after time warp is over, then it peters out obviously). Frost's initial burst is insane, especially if you line up all your procs with alter time/lightweave/etc. 200k ice lances are a little more than crazy, and cleaving for another 100k is nice.

Overall I'm very happy with my damage, but still not liking T90 at all. :\
Our best attempt (sub 5% wipe) had me at 77k for the fight as Fire. I was using Rune, but dodging puddles made that a bit awkward at times. I'm still torn between the slight boost of damage from using IW and the constant healing stream of maintaining runes.
I ran frost bomb frost spec. was a bad idea. did about 60k on our kill iirc. I'll be fire for hm next week.
10/04/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Mageski
Our best attempt (sub 5% wipe) had me at 77k for the fight as Fire. I was using Rune, but dodging puddles made that a bit awkward at times. I'm still torn between the slight boost of damage from using IW and the constant healing stream of maintaining runes.

ah I tried to use rune but it felt like the amethyst guardian had a grudge on me.