Tricks of Our Trade: Come Back Cloaked!

Rogue
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
What happens at the cabin in the woods stays at the cabin in the woods.

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about the movie.
So I get to Kun-Lai summit. I'm doing the quests, then I notice there are Yaks all about.

I remember there is a guy who sells said yaks.

I drop everything and go buy one. IT'S SO CUTE AND TINY. I WANT ONE IN REAL LIFE.
I'm jumping on the QQ bandwagon by saying this, but I wouldn't even want to participate in one of these given our current state. People are already laughing at Rogues in BGs...I can't imagine how they'd respond to an entire team

Unacceptable sir! We stand strong!! Mastery stacking sub pvp FTW.

Lol but yeah hello all, been busy leveling and getting my group of misfits raid ready. No easy task. Took server 2nd Stone Guard kill but haven't had a raid since >.< pushing to clear more (if not the rest) this weekend.

Tanto! Come to my server already gosh...
Fire is a GOD among leveling specs.
You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round...
Someone is using Spinning Crane Kick. :)
10/05/2012 08:47 AMPosted by Aedrik
Unacceptable sir! We stand strong!! Mastery stacking sub pvp FTW.

/high-five
Okay, here's my gameplan; get a level on each character then switch to the other. Got the mage to 86, so gonna finish Punda's leveling to 88, then level Pundas to 87, then Punda to 89, so on. Gives me a little mixup, and I skipped Valley on Punda except for Halfhill so that'll be fun.

Since they're both Pandaren this gameplan is netting me a !@#$ ton of time saved from the racial rested bonus.
Yes, its almost worth it to race change to level. :)

Yes! I have figured out the master plan!
Okay, here's my gameplan; get a level on each character then switch to the other. Got the mage to 86, so gonna finish Punda's leveling to 88, then level Pundas to 87, then Punda to 89, so on. Gives me a little mixup, and I skipped Valley on Pundas except for Halfhill so that'll be fun.

Since they're both Pandaren this gameplan is netting me a !@#$ ton of time saved from the racial rested bonus.

That sounds awful, doing the same content over and over and over back to back. Need something to break it up.
Okay, here's my gameplan; get a level on each character then switch to the other. Got the mage to 86, so gonna finish Punda's leveling to 88, then level Pundas to 87, then Punda to 89, so on. Gives me a little mixup, and I skipped Valley on Pundas except for Halfhill so that'll be fun.

That sounds awful, doing the same content over and over and over back to back. Need something to break it up.

I love Pandaria after 85 levels on Punda. And I've intentionally done dungeons on the Monk as a tank to hurdle over some hubs that I'll be running on the mage.

And I do PvP once in a while to break questing monotony. But I'll barely run the same thing twice, until maybe 88-89 on the mage.
10/05/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Aeriwen
Yes, its almost worth it to race change to level. :)

Depends on how you level. If you're shooting through levels, like I was on the monk from 1-80, the rested really didn't matter, beacuse I burned through it so fast. But if you like to level an alt during downtime on your main, its godsend.

Of course, Pandarias major increase to exp required to level lends itself very well to rested. Going to bed and waking up with 4 bars of rested minimum is amazing.
10/05/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Zanumas

I would, too. I typically need a few *months* between leveling experiences before I'm willing to rehash the same content, and even then it feels a little dull.

The nice thing about Pandaria, much as with Northrend and the Cata zones before it, is that you can pretty easily level to 90 while "clearing" only half of the zones. So leveling two toons in close proximity might be reasonable, but... nine?

Something to maybe keep in mind, too, Dubstep, is that the incoming reputation changes make it really beneficial to level one character all the way up and get to Revered with multiple factions, and then go back and level the others.
I thought you only needed to get revered with one faction to unlock double for all reps?

Doesn't matter, rep grinds haven't ever been an issue for me. Except Ashen Verdict. F that rep.
10/05/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Xiaoqing
It's troubling to play when you know nothing you can do will put you on the same level as others, when you can't take part in fun little activities like elite hunting, and whenever you say a thing about how bad things are, you're told you deserve it.

I think you're overinflating how bad things are. Many of the QQ threads we see in this forum are doing the same thing. We just went from being an unbalanced-ishly dominant class in both PvE and PvP to being a more-or-less-a-little-above-average-ish class with specific areas in which we can still dominate (read: two-target cleave situations). Of course it's going to feel like everything's awful and we suck; we're not on top of the mountain anymore/for now. It's part of the deal.

A really large chunk of the sadness I see comes not so much from people objectively looking at their rogues and thinking, "Man, this just isn't doing it for me anymore." What I see is folks looking at what other people say, and looking at what top-flight PvPers in particular have decided to with their time, and thinking, "Other people are telling me we suck now, which makes me feel worse about myself, so I don't want to play this anymore."

For me? Being a rogue is just as fun right now as it's been at any point in the past several years. More so, even, because I was just given a whole new virtual continent to explore, and I have always absolutely adored my ability to use stealth and speed to explore areas of the map that no other class can. (I came up one single point on the map shy of exploring all of Pandaria before hitting level 87; it looks like there's one teeny area in the Valley of the Four Winds that I either need to fly over or unlock via a quest chain I haven't gotten yet. I was very upset by this.)

I just don't care much what other people are saying about how good or bad our class is. As long as *I* am enjoying myself, and as long as I have a spot on a raid team that fits well with my priorities, my schedule and my personality, I am a happy rogue. And a happy player in general.
To day on "So You Think You Can Stab?", Xiaoquig manages to get Rfeann'd. How does that even happen?!

I'm taking a policy of not reading posts if they even remotely look like qq. I try to be tolerant, but the effect is insidious. I refuse to take part. My few attempts at criticism have even left me thinking I'm QQing. So, for now I play, answer questions where I can.

I met a completely new player to the game last night. It was refreshing. The had made it to 20 on the panda island. Yes. 20. Its so refreshing to see those noobie mistakes. The game is alive and kickin.
I just plug my ears and scream "LALALALALALA IT WILL BE FIXED WHEN I LEVEL MY ROGUE LALALALALALA"