Mop Storylines beat Cata by a mile.

General Discussion
Post Limit:
10/07/2012 01:08 AMPosted by Midare
Well its as close as WoW could come to an anime being WoW. lol

If your monk is a blood elf give him short black hair, make him use two swords and transmog them into short katanas... and name him Aoshi (if you know who this character is... well... just marry me XD)

However, this is not always a good message. Sometimes war is very necessary. I understand most often that war is done through the means of greed. However, sometimes is done for survival. And until the day that human race doesn't exist on this earth anymore, we will always have a war, or a conflict, or a skirmish. World Peace is not possible. Too many opinions and disagreements.

Sad but true. Still passing such a massage is not a bad thing even if it might seem a little too idealistic.

Aoi and Aoshi...in any case as far as war, I think there is enough of the view point of the need of such, there is nothing wrong with presenting another view on the matter, WoW needed at least mild complexity.
I got teary-eyed at Chen's arrival and speech at the wall. That was very well done for a game, Blizzard. And if you didn't get to see it...you really missed out in my humble opinion. I got like 20 screenshots of it because I did it on two different characters (along with every other quest in those first 3 zones, heading for a new zone tomorrow).
10/07/2012 12:46 AMPosted by Raditzthefat
I love the overall feel of the expansion, however, there is one thing about the story that bugs me. It's the overall preachy tone of anti-war messages thrown into our story. This game was made with War in it's name, so tell me why must we be reminded that war is tragic? I wish they would stop with the hypocritical messages. We did not buy World of Peacecraft.

I don't think it does at all. Like the trailer says "To ask why we fight, is to ask why the leaves fall. It is in their nature. Perhaps there is a better question. ... What is worth fighting for?"

Nothing in that message really says "anti-war" at all. It's been a while since my Asian Cultures and Religions class so I don't recall exactly which one "preaches" this philosophy (Buddhism, Taoism, etc) but the message isn't anti-war at all. In fact, it very much acknolwedges the fact that war is a necessary evil so to speak.

Just look at the questlines. What did the farmers in Eastern Kingdoms do when their towns got attacked by undead... how many quests did you do where they stood there cowering in fear while you ran around giving them courage to run away to safety? Hell, how many quests were they SOLDIERS you had to do this for? I can't even fly into that one Keep in Dragonblight near the Wrathgate without getting a headache from all the screaming soldiers' ghosts. They're wusses even in the afterlife.

Meanwhile, look at the pandas. Epic questlines where everyone comes together carrying whatever weapons they can hold, banding together to protect their homes after the wall started to crumble and the mantids invaded.
10/07/2012 01:15 AMPosted by Skyfiredraco
Deepholm was... meh... help thrall patch up world by gathering rocks. I loved the visuals of the zone though.

What? Thrall wasn't even there... you were helping the earthen ring. But I do agree with the meh part... I hate that place and I'm so glad that when I level my pandaren monk from 80 to 85 I won't have to bother questing there.

10/07/2012 01:20 AMPosted by Shadowland
Aoi and Aoshi...

Aw you don't know him... I'm a sad panda now (should have posted on my monk... heh, bad pun)

10/07/2012 01:25 AMPosted by Amaranthas
Meanwhile, look at the pandas. Epic questlines where everyone comes together carrying whatever weapons they can hold, banding together to protect their homes after the wall started to crumble and the mantids invaded.

Duuude... why you had to spoil it for me...

/cry
10/07/2012 01:26 AMPosted by Midare
What? Thrall wasn't even there... you were helping the earthen ring.

Thrall sends you there... remember the mini cinematic at the Maelstrom and him talking to you before that other NPC flies you down into it to get into Deepholm?
Deepholm was... meh... help thrall patch up world by gathering rocks. I loved the visuals of the zone though.

What? Thrall wasn't even there... you were helping the earthen ring. But I do agree with the meh part... I hate that place and I'm so glad that when I level my pandaren monk from 80 to 85 I won't have to bother questing there.

Aoi and Aoshi...

Aw you don't know him... I'm a sad panda now (should have posted on my monk... heh, bad pun)

Duuude... why you had to spoil it for me...

/cry

My monk is my main now, thats why this guy is still 85. I enjoy the class so much I have leveled the monk from 1 to 87.
10/07/2012 01:26 AMPosted by Midare
What? Thrall wasn't even there... you were helping the earthen ring.

he's on the azeroth side of the breach, single handedly holding the rift steady so the rest of the earthen ring can go into deepholm and find the pieces of the world pillar to put it back together.

It was our first real introduction to Thrall as a Mary Sue character in the expansion (he's as strong as the entire earthen ring? really?) and it only got worse from there :( (/disgruntled lore junky)

edit: but less about god like author avatars and more discussion on the NEW expansion lore. Go Go Mists =)
10/07/2012 01:33 AMPosted by Raditzthefat
Real life though, war is detrimental, and very unforgiving, and still very necessary.

Opinion. *shrug* There are plenty of religions/countries/people that disagree. That doesn't make them hippies or "anti-war". Just saying....
10/07/2012 01:28 AMPosted by Skyfiredraco
he's on the azeroth side of the breach, single handedly holding the rift steady so the rest of the earthen ring can go into deepholm and find the pieces of the world pillar to put it back together.

He was outside deepholme spam-casting hearthstone with all the other shamans... so yeah. As far as I know the Nobundo broken draenei dude was also there.

10/07/2012 01:28 AMPosted by Skyfiredraco
It was our first real introduction to Thrall as a Mary Sue character in the expansion (he's as strong as the entire earthen ring? really?) and it only got worse from there :( (/disgruntled lore junky)

Please don't remind me I used to love Thrall so much. I'll just live in denial and only remember about what he used to be.

/goes to happy place

10/07/2012 01:28 AMPosted by Shadowland
My monk is my main now, thats why this guy is still 85. I enjoy the class so much I have leveled the monk from 1 to 87.

Hah can tell, but... now I want to put my idea to practice and have a monk named Aoshi...
And yeah I'm enjoying my monk too, leveling with my bf and the class it's really enjoyable.

/goes to armory the name and see in what realm is not taken...
10/07/2012 01:38 AMPosted by Midare

He was outside deepholme spam-casting hearthstone with all the other shamans... so yeah. As far as I know the Nobundo broken draenei dude was also there.

Please don't remind me I used to love Thrall so much. I'll just live in denial and only remember about what he used to be.

/goes to happy place

Hah can tell, but... now I want to put my idea to practice and have a monk named Aoshi...
And yeah I'm enjoying my monk too, leveling with my bf and the class it's really enjoyable.

/goes to armory the name and see in what realm is not taken...

Well as I told you before mines named after a anime charcater as well, and I often recreate some choosen anime charcters in WoW. It really dose make you like the charcter more.
10/07/2012 01:46 AMPosted by Shadowland
Well as I told you before mines named after a anime charcater as well, and I often recreate some choosen anime charcters in WoW. It really dose make you like the charcter more.

My only character that is named after something named in an anime/manga is this mage, but besides that no other. I always try to give names that fits somehow match the race (even if I'm not a RPer)

10/07/2012 01:40 AMPosted by Alvalek
MoP has a better storyline which is sad because Deathwing is was and always will be one of the strongest Lore character villans in WoW or Warcraft.

And Sargeras? =P
10/07/2012 01:53 AMPosted by Midare

My only character that is named after something named in an anime/manga is this mage, but besides that no other. I always try to give names that fits somehow match the race (even if I'm not a RPer)

MoP has a better storyline which is sad because Deathwing is was and always will be one of the strongest Lore character villans in WoW or Warcraft.

And Sargeras? =P

I do that sometimes, but I prefer my own mental image of the charcter even if its not compatable with game lore, the anime recreations are for my select best characters.
10/07/2012 01:58 AMPosted by Shadowland
I do that sometimes, but I prefer my own mental image of the charcter even if its not compatable with game lore, the anime recreations are for my select best characters.

Maybe that's why this mage has this name. It's like my virtual twin sister... only I'm a wee bit more alive XD.

10/07/2012 01:59 AMPosted by Azuresphere
Vashj'ir Is better

Uhm interestingly enough I did enjoy Vash'jir but imo, jade forest intro quests < Vash'jir (by far).
Cata had a decent storyline. Don't judge the entire Cata story from the 80-85. And honestly, you probably didn't even read the quests or give their lore and depth.

If you leveled a fresh toon during Cata, there were numerous revamps to old questing zones to fit the shattering into an event that occurred in almost every single zone (except Outlands).

I already leveled a 90 and I honestly have no idea what is going on or why we're raiding a couple rusty vaults for stone puppies, but ok.
Cata had a decent storyline. Don't judge the entire Cata story from the 80-85. And honestly, you probably didn't even read the quests or give their lore and depth.

If you leveled a fresh toon during Cata, there were numerous revamps to old questing zones to fit the shattering into an event that occurred in almost every single zone (except Outlands).

I already leveled a 90 and I honestly have no idea what is going on or why we're raiding a couple rusty vaults for stone puppies, but ok.

Cata could have had a decent storyline if it wasn't because of all the plot holes. I'm just a wrath baby but I've seen the zones before and after the revamp and while I did enjoy some of the silly quests others seemed completely out of the loop.

And I haven't leved to 90 with any of my characters yet and I spoiled the story to myself and know why I'll be raiding that place... but sure.
10/07/2012 02:06 AMPosted by Midare

Maybe that's why this mage has this name. It's like my virtual twin sister... only I'm a wee bit more alive XD.

Vashj'ir Is better

Uhm interestingly enough I did enjoy Vash'jir but imo, jade forest intro quests < Vash'jir (by far).

Just did a 5 min run of MT on monk and got pet, off to play monk now, but which was more like you the orginal hair or your new hair?