Will the Black Market be adjusted?

General Discussion
On the regular auction house, when something fails to get any bids people relist the item cheaper.

Will there be anything similar for the Black Market? If Blizzard's records show that people just aren't bidding on certain items, will they either eventually stop showing up or be listed at lower rates?
I'm pretty sure the items are just randomly selected from lists, which is why some fairly common pets get listed at 10k even though in the faction AHs they sell for 100-300g. So the randomness of the AH is what keeps it from always having something amazing and as such, I really don't think there is any reason to drop the prices.

If something is more expensive than what it is worth to you, definitely don't bid. Maybe tomorrow something will show up you really want.
I doubt Madam Goya is going to let her profits go that easily.
10/08/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Tajit
If Blizzard's records show that people just aren't bidding on certain items, will they either eventually stop showing up or be listed at lower rates?

You mean like the pets that can be purchased from other NPCs for 60 silver? I doubt it.

It's meant firstly as a gold sink, secondly as a means of acquiring rare items, and thirdly as an idiot check (apparently).
10k gold for a Sewer Rat you can fish up is absurd.
10/08/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Bloodysin

That one has some hefty RNG associated with it, just like the old world whelplings and the gundrak hatchling.

It took me 30 hours of fishing over a week to get that stupid rat. I could easily have made 10k in that time with far less frustration, so no, I don't think it's that absurd.
10/08/2012 03:55 PMPosted by Kiebler
I'm pretty sure the items are just randomly selected from lists, which is why some fairly common pets get listed at 10k even though in the faction AHs they sell for 100-300g. So the randomness of the AH is what keeps it from always having something amazing and as such, I really don't think there is any reason to drop the prices.

This was the impression I got.
10/08/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Belthin

That one has some hefty RNG associated with it, just like the old world whelplings and the gundrak hatchling.

Not knowing how to use "RNG" should result in an automatic forum ban.

Rare pets sell for a lot. I managed to sell the sewer rat for 20k the day that the pet battle system let me put them into cages.
I HOPE it's never adjusted, even if I don't want to pay 200k for a mount, if other people are and it reduces the massive amount of gold some players hold, then I'm all for it. Its primary function is to act as a gold sink, after all.
It's the Black Market.

It cannot be "adjusted."
10/08/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Peverell

So how about that RNG on baron rivendare then?
10/08/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Peverell

This x1000
10/08/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Jezartroz
I HOPE it's never adjusted, even if I don't want to pay 200k for a mount, if other people are and it reduces the massive amount of gold some players hold, then I'm all for it. Its primary function is to act as a gold sink, after all.

I agree that if anyone is willing to pay for stuff, then nothing should change.

There are items being posted that no reasonable person would buy, however - like the Siamese Cat, which is available to anyone for 60 silver from a vendor.
10/08/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Tajit
There are items being posted that no reasonable person would buy, however - like the Siamese Cat, which is available to anyone for 60 silver from a vendor.

That makes me think they copied the mysterious satchel's pet and mount table over. The easily available pets (aka all the easily available from a vendor one, especially since you can just make opposing faction to buy those to add those pets to your tally now) should not be in the BMAH's table. Really they shouldn't be in the satchel either.

So how about that RNG on baron rivendare then?

Sigh...
10/08/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Talagand

Are you kidding? I've been hitting those sewers every time I'm in Dalaran since Wrath started. I'd gladly pay 10K to be done with the place.

There are a ton of absurd examples you could have given. This is hardly one of them.

If you want Mr Pinchys pet and the rat, you can buy them as battlepets. I got them both for ~3k each which sure beats the hours of fishing I put into trying to acquire them.

Doesn't give you the achieve though.
I agree with the OP, Tier 3 suddenly being the MOST EXPENSIVE HARDEST TO ACQUIRE TRANSMOG SET IN THE GAME simply because Blizzard is out of touch is kind of silly. Maybe they're just prepping for the real money black market auction house (what a mouth full).