Balance damage doesn't feel "good"

Druid
I'm decently geared, and more geared than the friends that I play with. I've played balance as my main now since Wrath and my damage output is pathetic compared to other dps classes. I've reforged for haste, reforged for mastery, and am now I'm reforged for crit, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I had a similar issue with balance at the beginning of Cataclysm. My damage was so bad that I just gave up and went fire mage and ele shaman and had a lot more fun. Once the second tier of gear rolled around, balance finally started to feel good, and then I was doing great in LFR Dragon Soul (haven't done real raiding since early Cata). Yeah, it was LFR, but once I had good gear, I was very consistently at the top of the DPS charts.

I really don't want MoP to be the same way. I really like to play balance, but the damage I'm doing in five man dungeons is just bad. Every now and then on a boss where I don't have to move much I'll be able to come somewhat close to the other DPS classes, but that's pretty uncommon, and then there's the whole AOE issue.

Now, just for the record, I don't sort my damage meters by DPS, I go by straight damage, so when I say DPS, I'm referring to their DPS in a way that means it is better than mine along with their actual damage. Anyhow, a monk can roll in, start doing the spinning kick and literally be doing 70-80k dps. A warrior can do their spinning blade thing, and even stack it with sweeping strikes, and do just the same amount of damage. As a moonkin, I can pull out my treants, blow three mushrooms, starfall, and then hurricane/astral storm and I'm lucky to even get half of what they're doing. I've tried dotting everything up and then focusing fire. I've tried dotting everything up and then going straight aoe. Nothing seems to keep up with the other damage classes.

Even the tanks destroy me in damage, especially blood Death Knights.

I'm not sure what's going on. It's not an issue of me not knowing how to play balance. I keep my dots up, I use my star surge anytime I can. I throw out my treants every minute. I use starfall everytime I can, as long as its safe. I use the correct spells according to the type of eclipse I'm in.

What am I doing wrong?

In regards to resto, it feels great and I have no issues with it at all. I like finally having a spell like Ironbark, too.
Same for me, i see warriors dk's mages, shammys, monks, nd hunters doing 80-100k dps and im still at 25-30k dps i dont get it
You must really bad or somthing cause I know a bunch of people playing balance sitting at 80-100k dps or Well above.
There are issues with low gear level balance damage that will go away very fast, crit scaling this xpac for moonkin will allow for a very solid damage scale even in this tier.
10/08/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Abjuration
Even the tanks destroy me in damage, especially blood Death Knights.

Blood DK damage is through the roof. It's insane. Don't judge anything by it.

I'm decently geared,

You're not, really. I don't mean that as an insult, I know we're all still gearing up. But I wouldn't call your current level of gear "decent" even by gearing-up standards. I noticed a HUGE DPS jump just going from fresh into heroics to mostly heroics gear. Get some more 463 gear and you should see it too.

I had a similar issue with balance at the beginning of Cataclysm.

If your problem is you can't wait out the gear, I'd suggest playing another class til at least partway through this tier. As in WotLK, as in Cata, and now in MoP, we are very, very gear dependent. Specifically, secondary stats do a LOT for us. We tend to struggle in early tiers and are godly in later tiers. It's just the way the class is. Some have the damage right out the door, and it stays more or less the same. We start out at the bottom and end up at the top.

Anyhow, a monk

Just stop right after you say "monk." Accept that they will be OP and move on. It will make you much happier if you simply accept that fact.
i have not seen any problems with Balance damage in MoP.
I am constantly top 5 for DPS in a 25man, pulling between 70-100k. Depending on movement etc.
With cooldowns poped the only Class that has surpassed me is an elemental shaman, Both of us are pulling over 200k each with our Cooldowns/pots.

LOL what game are you playing and where are the logs that back this up, we arent talking about buffed booses like elgaon and spiritmaster are we?
Dolan pls y you so good at boomkin.
Dolan could you share your rotation please, on a boss like feng
Dolan Why do you grace us with your rotation.
Dolanpls
10/09/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Valdinqt
Dolanpls
10/09/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Valdinqt
Dolanpls

LOL what game are you playing and where are the logs that back this up, we arent talking about buffed booses like elgaon and spiritmaster are we?

Not sure why i should bother to explain how to push starfire. but i will.

here is a vid i snapped with 365IL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdpKTcJAyXI
Dps goes down due to misses from the epicentre cast and near the end due to having to offheal the raid because of the damage amount of 25man.
At the current point in time a hybrid such as a druid should not be training on Elgalon Anyway, A good druid will actually heal them self to help the healers so asking for logs on that fight is irrelevant, and my guilds logs are private.

But nothing is wrong with balance dps at all if you know what your doing.
the 200k with CD's/pots you quoted is with my current gear not with the trash i was using at the time of this recording.
If you still need info on how to push buttons. i am highly sure there is guides out there that will help you pull over 20k dps.

In answer to your Question i am surprised you do not know, The game is World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria

best response ever truly deserving MVP *golf claps*
wai u moonfire in solar?