Did They Nerf the Capturable Critters?

Pet Battles
All morning, the critters all over the world seem to have been nerfed since last night? Has anyone else noticed this? Pet Battles against the NPC critters is a LOT easier, and it sucks.
As in the type critters or pets in general?
Just the NPC critters you fight all around the world. I've noticed they have less hit points, the seem to miss a lot more often. I even captured a rare pet, and he had more hit points when I played him than he did when I captured him.
Today, I fought a rare level 17 Robo-chick with 865 health, 186 power and 197 speed.

When I captured it, it dropped a level but its health actually went up to 984.
...I captured a rare Fel Flame an hour ago and his HP also went up after capture despite losing a level. Also, anyone have their trap fail more than 3 times in a row lately? I noticed it rarely misses more than twice now, even though it still says 'trap' and not 'strong trap'.
Okay, I'm glad this wasn't just me. I was fighting level 23 and 24 pets in Kun-Lai summit, and all of the mobs had very low HP. The Plains Monitor and Zooey Snakes, for example, both had 840 HP at level 23. After being captured, they had 888 and 930 HP, despite being lowered to level 21.

Also, just now I caught an Alpine Foxling Kit. Before capture it was level 23. After capture, it was level 21 with 1070 HP.

10/02/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Ryxl
Also, anyone have their trap fail more than 3 times in a row lately? I noticed it rarely misses more than twice now, even though it still says 'trap' and not 'strong trap'.

I've noticed that my traps have been missing much less lately, I figured I was just lucky.
Ive had my traps miss four times in a row, haha.
10/02/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Ryxl
...I captured a rare Fel Flame an hour ago and his HP also went up after capture despite losing a level. Also, anyone have their trap fail more than 3 times in a row lately? I noticed it rarely misses more than twice now, even though it still says 'trap' and not 'strong trap'.

Traps really seem to be wonky. Several times I've had a wild pet own to 5% health and will still miss 4-5 times in a row. Frustrating.
10/02/2012 11:54 PMPosted by Farhandl

Traps really seem to be wonky. Several times I've had a wild pet own to 5% health and will still miss 4-5 times in a row. Frustrating.

yea, same thing its annoying because sometimes if I'm fighting a critter at my same level, I will have it at near death and it will end up either killing my current pet or healing itself to beyond capturable. Supposedly I have the improved trap from the achievement but I haven't noticed a tooltip change and actually seem to miss more traps than ever. I never capture in less than 3 attempts, and it's usually on the 4th and sometimes 5th and final try.
Edit: I had a theory but it was debunked, so, nevermind... lol.
I'm not having the trap missing problem. The most I've ever missed with a trap is twice, and that only happened once. I haven't had any pets drop in level after I captured them, but I'm only capturing pets at the moment of like level 3 or less. Has there been any official word yet about the nerfing of NPC critters yet?
You don't see a lot of misses until you get into the high teens. Catching a level 23-24 pet, it's rare to get it in less than 4 tries.