Justice and Honor Gear Changes

General Discussion
Prev 1 21 22 23 29 Next
As another person that read the beta information and did my research, farmed up a 4k honor and 4k jp before expansion, farmed heroic gear until today and bought the 2 pieces I planned (for months now) to buy with my honor, then converted my 4k jp to buy 2 more pieces, chanted and gemmed new gear, and then vendored the heroic gear I was wearing, I'm pretty bummed if they're planning on changing this. I'm not gonna stop playing or anything, but it's very disappointing. Killed a lot of the excitement I had from today, as well as wasted a lot of the time I spent preparing from pre-expansion.
Again, our design in Mists of Pandaria is to allow for a greater degree of crossover between PvE and PvP using the same gear, but the original item levels simply made Honor gear (through Battlegrounds or conversion of Justice to Honor) a far better route to gear up for PvE. Players who enjoy PvE shouldn’t feel forced to PvP to get the best gear, and vice versa.
So you're trying to make the game easier for PvErs to enter PVP with their current gear and vice versa? I'm actually confused about this concept entirely. Couldn't you have done away with BOTH "PvE" and "PvP" gear entirely - and make 1 SINGLE gear set for BOTH if this was your objective in the first place? Feel free to argue this point but it's just my 2 cents.
IMO, just leave it be. Damage has been done already. I would tune justice gear to match up with heroic/pvp gear and just leave it at that.

This would create a few things. People with bad luck in heroics can still get gear via pvp/justice points. This would help alleviate the harshness of situations like mages/locks rolling on spirit gear, people rolling on OS gear over a MSer, etc.
put JP gear = to Heroic dungeon gear. Get VP gear off the retarded reputation grinds. Quest lovers have a ton of mounts to get now. Instance lovers should be able to access their gears.
I, as many others understand the reasoning behind the change.

However, making this change 18 hours after putting it live, screwing over thousands of players who are able to compare two numbers (464>463) is just horrible sign of incompetence.

This change should have been announced 2 months ago, as it was entirely predictable and pointed out by multiple persons on beta. It didn't take a math genius to notice that Honor gear was miles ahead of Justice gear and that for most (all?) specs, Honor gear was the best way to gear up for raids. Someone at Blizzard had had to notice and the person that decided "nah, it's not gonna be a big issue" should have to answer for that massive fail of foresight.
If it hasnt changed by now its unlikely, they changed justice a few hours ago, but not honor.

If it doesnt change at the server restart in the morning its not going to.

The longer they wait, the more trouble its going to be. if they need a restart to fix it fine, but if they havent changed it by the time the servers come up, they arent going to.
If it hasnt changed by now its unlikely, they changed justice a few hours ago, but not honor.

If it doesnt change at the server restart in the morning its not going to.

The longer they wait, the more trouble its going to be. if they need a restart to fix it fine, but if they havent changed it by the time the servers come up, they arent going to.

it's possible it is taking more time due to having to add more PvP Resil/Power to compensate for the ilvl/quality loss... for the JP gear all they had to do was change the ilvl and the numbers change accordingly

I really hope they come to their senses and realize what a stupid change this is...
Stupid change, instead of making Justice gear useful you drag the PvP gear down to it's level.

Who thought that was a good idea?
Thanks I had fun farming Klaxxi to revered all last week just for you to nerf it to honored for the casuals. Good job.
10/03/2012 12:56 AMPosted by Feniex
Thanks I had fun farming Klaxxi to revered all last week just for you to nerf it to honored for the casuals. Good job.

Er...what? When did this happen, what does it have to do with this thread, and most importantly, how the hell are you revered? Did you farm a crapton of those crystals? Because I've done the dailies every day plus one crystal turn-in and I'm about a day and a half from revered.
10/03/2012 01:03 AMPosted by Kaels

Er...what? When did this happen, what does it have to do with this thread, and most importantly, how the hell are you revered? Did you farm a crapton of those crystals? Because I've done the dailies every day plus one crystal turn-in and I'm about a day and a half from revered.

They just hotfixed Klaxxi to only need honored for the Epic gear and for Golden Lotus. There's no post about it so I just put my QQ here.
10/03/2012 01:17 AMPosted by Feniex
They just hotfixed Klaxxi to only need honored for the Epic gear and for Golden Lotus. There's no post about it so I just put my QQ here.

Oh. Well, that's nice. At least I don't have to do Klaxxi on my paladin anymore.

Not 100% true. Necks, wrists, backs, and rings have been brought down to Honored, but the rest all still requires Revered.
IS THERE ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS IS A GOOD IDEA???

Blizz is always talking about trying to "please all of their players". Well honestly, what's their standpoint on pleasing NONE of their players? Not a single player will appreciate this change. I'm not assuming that no one will like it, I'm guaranteeing no one will like this. You don't nerf gear because it's easier to get. You either make it harder to get, or buff the gear that's used in the environment it's meant for (i.e. buffing PVE gear and leaving PVP gear the same). FFS, this is ridiculous.

Actually...

It's just neck pieces for the Klaxxi, cloaks and bracers for the Shado-Pan and August Celestials, and rings for the Golden Lotus.

All the other valor gear still takes revered or higher in the respective faction.
Well at least its not as bad as I thought I guess.
I had already posted the following... but apparently I wasn't clear.

The high level PvP Vendors (Cata Gear) were apparently moved to Pandaria.

Alliance - http://www.wowhead.com/npc=65166

Horde - http://www.wowhead.com/npc=65164
HONOR WEAPONS!!!!!!!!

Just put them in. Didn't you learn anything during Wotlk?
HONOR WEAPONS!!!!!!!!

Just put them in. Didn't you learn anything during Wotlk?

They are well aware of the double standard. They also don't care. PvP players will forever be forced to PvE for gear. However, they are making strides all the time for the Dragonslayer Club so that they don't have to PvP for PvP Gear. Business as usual.