Frustrated with DPS

Hunter
I don't think this 'buff to cobra' shot idea that you keep trying to post in any low dps complaints thread is a good idea. This is why...
Lets look at the WoL from my raid last night, shall we?
Stone Guard (Fing Chains)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q33ix0myh6wck6oq/sum/damageDone/?s=6636&e=6988

Feng
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v5a030pjipfkj1ph/sum/damageDone/?s=13493&e=13994

Okay. This is hard data from a raid enviorment (I had no purple gear at the time of these attempts)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v5a030pjipfkj1ph/details/9/?s=13493&e=13994 has a breakdown for Feng

Explosive shot is hitting anywhere from 14369-32000ish per tick (3 ticks, lets round that to say, 45,000-90,000 a cast for simplicity sake.

Arcane Shot is hitting for 24,662 and critting for 51462.

Black Arrow is ticking for 7700-15,000 a tick

Cobra Shot is hitting for 15996-32155.9 per shot

and so on, I won't go on further because you can read.

So a Cobra shot is hitting for basically the equivalent of one explosive shot tick crit or roughly so in my gear and with my gear is a 1.75 cast time. I don't think you know what you are talking about if you think this will fix our dps...You need to realize that cobra shot will be more effective with more haste and with better weapons and isn't intended to be a major part of our dps, but it is infact a regeneration tool.

Forcing a !@#$ty solution down that you think would work down at us when you aren't that experienced of a raider or hunter just doesn't cut it in my book.
Alright, so I'm currently a level 90 hunter, in ilvl 443 gear.. I'm getting very frustrated with the amount of DPS I currently output (at most, about 20k single target..) - I used to be SV, went BM because I heard the DPS was tremendous..turns out it wasn't that much better. I haven't PVP'd, as I'm PvE focused, but something really bothered me - I was playing in a heroic earlier today and after the first boss fight the TANK said "hunter, u nude??? your dps blows" I said "yeah, i know." and continued the heroic, feeling completely inadequate.

Is there something I can do to improve my DPS, like, right now?

Personally being MM every time I find a new piece of gear I reforge it..most likely it will need expertise, because blizz blessed us with having to stack expertise..but somehow forgot to add it to our quest gear, so I am having to reforge every single piece of gear. I am sure for you doing dungeons that gear won't have expertise as well. Supposedly at your level you are supposed to have 7.50% expertise and 7.50-8% hit.
10/03/2012 05:59 AMPosted by Athridon
Most people think they are underpowered just because their dps drops after their cooldowns are gone, but that doesn't mean you are underpowered, rotate your cooldowns better and you will be fine. Hunters aren't bad right now they're actually pretty good in PVE. I haven't had any issues so far on the meters and most of the time you can pull a rediculous 100k+ burst with cooldowns and then readyness right after. The only people beating my damage so far has been tanks with out a vengence cap.

But can we interpret PVE here as meaning 5 man bosses that die in a minute tops? Of course you can boss people with 100% cooldown uptime on a burst spec...

Different story in the raid content I'm afraid. Take the first boss of vaults for example... Two target fight which can easily last over 5 minutes.
I'm be the first to admit I'm new at reading these logs, but did you really cast Hunters mark 233 times in that last Feng fight or am I reading that wrong?

Just wondering, I mean no offense
The classes with the most complicated damage mechanics will be the most frequently broken. It's no coincidence that Mages have always had pitifully simple mechanics and have always been in great shape competitively.
Alright, so I'm currently a level 90 hunter, in ilvl 443 gear.. I'm getting very frustrated with the amount of DPS I currently output (at most, about 20k single target..) - I used to be SV, went BM because I heard the DPS was tremendous..turns out it wasn't that much better. I haven't PVP'd, as I'm PvE focused, but something really bothered me - I was playing in a heroic earlier today and after the first boss fight the TANK said "hunter, u nude??? your dps blows" I said "yeah, i know." and continued the heroic, feeling completely inadequate.

Is there something I can do to improve my DPS, like, right now?

its hard to provide advice since I can't see what you do in a 5man. I've found survival is fine for dungeons because most heroics are AoEfests.

Is MD up on the tank and a trap in the air as he's pulling? Do you target a mob in the back of the pack for Glaive Toss? Multi? How efficient is your movement? Are you full of Stir Fry or carrots?

In the forum everyone seems focused on gear and spec, which is all we can see. Even cheap green gems and cata enchants are better than nothing. Got any JP?

Try swapping out to my spec, use GT, Lynx Rush (Thrill is acceptable for 5mans trash, DB is better for bosses and for raiding).

Although hunters do seem weak compared to other classes, don't be a victim and accept cellar-dweller status. The fact that tanks can top the meters is no excuse not to do everything you can - gear, enchants, gems, buffs, playstyle - to represent.
I'm be the first to admit I'm new at reading these logs, but did you really cast Hunters mark 233 times in that last Feng fight or am I reading that wrong?

Just wondering, I mean no offense

He probably did because of the glyph Marked for Dead.
Yes, the above poster is correct.
Feng is a problematic fight for Sv as well as a heads up as during epicenter you have 75% reduced chance to hit during it so you can't keep up SS or Black Arrow (or reliably dps duringthat time) at all.
We got the !@#$ty comp on Stone guard though, but both of those fights (Feng Especially) are great for hunters minus the hit issue.
Now, perhaps a buff to steady shot? Yes? Please?
Also a longer duration of steady focus would be nice.
I have never in my life stacked hit, in 6-7 years and have always been in the tops dps
Actually, just look at a level 85 stats versus a level 90.

It's obvious where we lost our dps from.

85:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Lilpwny/simple

90:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Squeazie/simple

Although we have higher ilvl and dps on our weapons, stats like haste/crit/mastery all took huge cut.
Youre only doing 5 man dungeons. Go Survival and dominate the AoE. Many people are lookin only at the Overall Damage.

Yup, Survival's single target DPS sucks and so are BM's and MM's. But at least, Survival AoE is decent.