DoC - Who else is in love?

Druid
Hi guys, been away from the forums for a few days and wanted to check back in now that I’m 90 with a decent amount of gear to work with.

Who else loves DoC as much as I do? I find lining up all of my procs, buffs, debuffs and healing to be a fantastic challenge. With all of the downtime we experience due to energy pooling there is plenty of time to consider your next big move. My favorite c-c-c-combo move so far is SR active, 4CP, NS-HT, TF, Rake, Rip.

What are your favorite applications of DoC?
HE LIVVVEEEEESSS!!!

Sup dude =D

For Balance I.. don't really like it honestly. It feels clunky to me - at-least in PvE.

In pvp it seems cool though! Since we are hard casting and off healing more - it synergies well! I'm just not sure if i like it better than Nature's Vigil slapped into my incarnation macro >:)
Yo! Sorry, been busy getting my gear in line for raids so I’ve been neglecting the forums. Sometimes actually playing the game is more fun than talking about playing the game.

By the by, Guardian tanking is not MISERABLE. Not to change direction in my own thread but I was asked to tank Vaults last night so I was forced to pull out my abilities to bars. So. Much. Fun. I only had a few pulls in the raid, but the massive amounts of AoE goodness combined with all of the mobility makes tanking heroic 5-mans some of the most fun I’ve had in PvE for some time now. Vault was not as fun. Mostly due to my lack of tanking practice, I would suspect.

I can feel the tank bug from WoTLK coming back… it’s like a fever…

Incarnation coupled with NV and other various damage modifying abilities is great fun every 3 minutes, no doubt. : ) It’s hard for any single person to get away when the stars align in your favor.

As Feral with Incarnation, various trinkets, Berserk and whatnot I find my 3 minute burst window to be plenty buff at the moment. That may change as everyone picks up gear and having a more focused burst window becomes the standard.

That being said, I like DoC for the sustained access to beefy heals for defense as well as landing buffed bleeds on both PvE and PvP targets. I landed an NS-HT critical with DoC up in Cat Form for 130k in WSG this weekend past. Not too shabby.
I can feel the tank bug from WoTLK coming back… it’s like a fever…

We have a guardian tank in our core =O He does well haha. I just.. -shudder- I have enough key bindings (48 for balance)... doing a whole new set up for tanking just sounds like a nightmare to me. Plus it's hard to raid lead as the boss is smashing my face in! XD

As Feral with Incarnation, various trinkets, Berserk and whatnot I find my 3 minute burst window to be plenty buff at the moment.

But you can feel like a ret pally!

That being said, I like DoC for the sustained access to beefy heals for defense as well as landing buffed bleeds on both PvE and PvP targets. I landed an NS-HT critical with DoC up in Cat Form for 130k in WSG this weekend past. Not too shabby.

Very valid case for it good sir. It might be a simple solution to all these ferals crying we have no surviability now in terms of PvP. I think it's going to come down to what comp you run - i'll take it for something like jungle or FMP but when it's time for face smashing Ebola cleave or Kitty Cleave.. BRINGIN OUT THE RET 3MIN MACRO O DOOM!
10/03/2012 12:27 PMPosted by Nagoto
Kitty Cleave..

Please know that the Feral is not needed for Kitty Cleave to work at the moment. We are simply there to cheer the Warrior on. : )
Please know that the Feral is not needed for Kitty Cleave to work at the moment. We are simply there to cheer the Warrior on. : )

And give him sym for an extra stamp roar? :D
I think DoC is clunky as hell. Feral has fun layers to do a good job as a dps. It has always required certain things to be in line to maximize, but with DoC....o.O

If you've ever gone putt-putting/mini-golfing and gotten to the next to last green where you have to hit the ball off the right side so that it will then bounce off the left garden gnome so it will then go toward the middle narrow corridor where it goes down a ramp toward the hole—and hopefully you timed it right because windmill blades spin in front of it to block it. That's what DPSing with DoC feels like to me.

I'm not drinking the DoC Kool-Aid :( Yet.

I don't wanna be a big ole Debbie Downer up in your thread!
10/03/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Galaver
I don't wanna be a big ole Debbie Downer up in your thread!

Nonsense! I love reading other's opinions about what I'm up too.

What's the point of taking on mastering something if you're not willing to entertain the possiblity that you're going down the wrong path?

I do like your Mini-Golf analogy - very fitting. But when you pull off that sick weave and you see the buffed numbers on your screen you feel accomplished.
I found if I get a long SR or rip off with plenty of energy left, and TF is coming off cooldown, I can get 4 combo points before predatory swiftness expires, cast healing touch on myself instantly, TF, rake, then bite or rip. It's difficult, but possible.

I think a lot of crit will make that more viable. You basically need to get two crits in a row after the first finisher to get to 4 CP without PS expiring...
I think a lot of crit will make that more viable. You basically need to get two crits in a row after the first finisher to get to 4 CP without PS expiring...

Yah! I was playing around the +crit flasks I've made with alchemy to try and boost it up to help the rotation out a bit here and there.

Relying on, I think, 25-28% crit chance to nab up those combo points makes me crazeh.

10/03/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Hanharr
But when you pull off that sick weave and you see the buffed numbers on your screen you feel accomplished.

Lol, true true!
[/quote]But when you pull off that sick weave and you see the buffed numbers on your screen you feel accomplished.[/quote]

Until it gets bopped.
Is this really better than NV? I know there is merit for consistently good damage vs big damage on cooldowns like what NV will provide. But i'm already used to saving zerk & TF for our big bleed drops.

I'm just afraid that i'll be both gcd & energy starved in a DoC build, where as with NV i can be effective after pooling energy.
I tried DoC, I also tried HoTW. I just idk I like NV, its a great cooldown.

BUT! I can see where DoC can be useful, im not going to say "its useless and bad" I think all 3 of our 90 talents are great!!

PS! Resto is a blast. Guardian is fun. I am having so much more fun as resto atm tho!!!!
Please dont nerf it blizzard, you take everything away from me ;-;

Does DoC even effect bleeds? Ive tried it, throwing a rip on the target or a Rake while i had DoC procs, but they didnt take.

I would be a sad...tauren....if it doesn't work.

I guess I ought to look, because i'm always trying to get my rake and rip affected by it...
10/03/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Hanharr
Sometimes actually playing the game is more fun than talking about playing the game.

Yeah this! On top of that it seems the druid forums have been a place for people to whine about "how bad ferals are" instead of seek ways to fix the problems they are seeing. It seems most of it are thos who should try and learn to play better. But instead ingore all advice and attempts to help.

Anyways. You know if Hanharr and Nagoto start a thread it will be worth while!

I tried Doc. Its pretty cool. I see it being great in a later patch. I think when you (you or your arena team) can control burst better it will be a great tool. I prefer NV right now because it helps "the push" It really helps you stay offensive when you Zerk. Burst is sooooo insane from every class right now I just want all the on demand tools I can get.

Im interested if people have had more compelling experiences with DoC that I have missed :)
DoC is nice for running around right now in BGs and gearing for the noticeable bump to self heals if you are pugging your way around. 130k instant Healing Touches and a buffed Rejuv rolling that crits for 20k—that's some goody goodness to keep you up while everyone's a little squishy.

DoC does affect our bleeds. It's way easy to apply with Rake. It's definitely rougher to apply Rip with a DoC stack in PvP so that's kind of a (big) downside to it.
Checkin in for DoC. In all honesty, I was hesitant to use NS+HT to buff my damage in PvP (yes, I know it's very situational); however, once I tried it, I knew it was right. Full bleeds with a DoC kicker, a couple stuns, and you're on top.
10/03/2012 10:22 PMPosted by Bashastick
Until it gets bopped.

Who’s the Debbie Downer now? : )

There are always counters, if there weren’t we’d all be playing a very expansive FPS. Although with how much burst everyone is pack’n at the moment it sort of feels like the old gib maps on Quake.
Is this really better than NV? I know there is merit for consistently good damage vs big damage on cooldowns like what NV will provide. But i'm already used to saving zerk & TF for our big bleed drops.I'm just afraid that i'll be both gcd & energy starved in a DoC build, where as with NV i can be effective after pooling energy.

With how much we must rely on our self-healing to sustain throughout encounters having a constant buffed HT+Rejuv on tap pretty much 100% of the time is proving to mesh very well with my play style. Oh, I can flip that and get buffed damage on the other side? Cool, let’s do that.

I’ve been saving my Offensive CDs, shy of Tiger’s Fury, exclusively for Ravage Spamming as of late. I’ve worked myself into a pretty solid grove of being able to play offensive after I’ve pooled with buffed DoC damage and defensive when I’m spent and pooling with buffed DoC healing outside of my 3 minute Captain Insano action.

I don’t find that I’m ever GCD starved… well, rarely outside of Berserk. Energy is going to be a limiting factor no matter what L90 Talent we select. The only Talent selection that has any bearing on our generation will be SoTF. But if you try to take away my Incarnation I’ll likely have a fit.

Of course individual mileage may vary and you may be the kind of player that’s looking for that huge, can’t believe it, stupid Ravage spam damage when NV is combined with the usual suspects. Myself, I’d rather have some consistent sustainability outside of my standard Defensive and Offensive CDs.
I tried DoC, I also tried HoTW. I just idk I like NV, its a great cooldown. BUT! I can see where DoC can be useful, im not going to say "its useless and bad" I think all 3 of our 90 talents are great!!PS! Resto is a blast. Guardian is fun. I am having so much more fun as resto atm tho!!!! Please dont nerf it blizzard, you take everything away from me ;-;

I’ve already contacted Blizzard and alerted them to the fact that you’re having so much fun as Resto. See you next Tuesday. <Mr. Burns finger roll> Excellent.

10/03/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Dewan
Does DoC even effect bleeds? Ive tried it, throwing a rip on the target or a Rake while i had DoC procs, but they didnt take.

Aye.

10/04/2012 07:22 AMPosted by Earthreaver
Anyways. You know if Hanharr and Nagoto start a thread it will be worth while!

/blush The key I’ve found is pretending that people are actually interested in what you have to say. Once you have convinced yourself that you’re super awesome, the rest just flows. : )

I just feel there are always avenues to improve your experience. They are certainly more fun to explore than simply sitting back and crying about the hand you’ve been dealt. Save the QQ for real life issues. : )

I prefer NV right now because it helps "the push" It really helps you stay offensive when you Zerk. Burst is sooooo insane from every class right now I just want all the on demand tools I can get.

Totally, sounds like you’ve worked NV into your play style and it’s providing the results you’ve come to expect. I would love to see more routes for individual players to take to tune their characters directly into their desired play styles.

10/04/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Galaver
DoC does affect our bleeds. It's way easy to apply with Rake. It's definitely rougher to apply Rip with a DoC stack in PvP so that's kind of a (big) downside to it.

There are several ways to weave DoC into your mix to buff this or that. It seemed a bit daunting at first so I picked one scenario that I could easily recognize and react to quickly. I prepared myself for when I see that I have SR active, 4CPs and NS available to chain it together for a buffed Rake and 5CP Rip. One of the most simple, on demand uses of DoC that I can think of.

Once I had that move on lock, I started to experiment with other options and now I am starting to just feel when something is going to play out. Much like anything else in WoW; practice, practice, practice.

10/04/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Galaver
130k instant Healing Touches and a buffed Rejuv rolling that crits for 20k—that's some goody goodness to keep you up while everyone's a little squishy.

THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT! -Maury Ballstine, Balls Models

10/04/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Chabooty
Checkin in for DoC. In all honesty, I was hesitant to use NS+HT to buff my damage in PvP (yes, I know it's very situational); however, once I tried it, I knew it was right. Full bleeds with a DoC kicker, a couple stuns, and you're on top.

Welcome to flavor country. -Marlboro Man