Is having uplift glyphed bad?

Monk
Post Limit:
Topic
I wouldn't do it because uplift is an excellent chi dump \ mana tea builder.
Its good if you have a spread out raid where you cant use spinning crane in its place.

It only proves useful in that case AND if you keep renewing mist going on as many as possible.

If you don't meet those 2 requirements the uplift glyph is useless
I prefer it so I can spam Uplift back to back easier. When I need Uplift, I generally need more than one. For Chi dumps, I generally use Enveloping or Chi Burst anyway.

May change when I hit 90, though, only 87 atm.
I am finding mana way too precious atm to think about using that glyph :/
10/05/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Craftyfox

This.

10/05/2012 06:08 PMPosted by Daerius
For Chi dumps, I generally use Enveloping or Chi Burst anyway.

That all changes in a raid situation. Chi Burst is not a reliable Chi Dump due to positioning requirements, enveloping only matters from time to time on a tank. To hold mana up, you need to be generating and spending chi really quickly, and uplift is one of the most effective ways to spend chi.

This.

For Chi dumps, I generally use Enveloping or Chi Burst anyway.

That all changes in a raid situation. Chi Burst is not a reliable Chi Dump due to positioning requirements, enveloping only matters from time to time on a tank. To hold mana up, you need to be generating and spending chi really quickly, and uplift is one of the most effective ways to spend chi.

I think it's time I started to play around with this set-up to get a feel for the flow of it. End-game mechanics are starting to manifest themselves (lol regular 5mans, but still) and I'm noticing how it's changing the effectiveness of my healing (as in, not feeling as ridiculously OP as the lowbie-unbalancedness-of-everything wears off in MoP content).

I've been getting back in touch with unglyphed Mana Tea, however, and have loved the flexibility of not having to micro-manage my stacks vs the 10sec cooldown... I notice you've got it glyphed; how's that working out and do you find there to be situations where you want it glyphed vs unglyphed?
It works fine. My regen is ridiculous good at this point unless I die \ completely screw up my mana tea generation.

I haven't run into a situation where I need to unglyph it yet, or can really spare the time to unglyph it.

This.

I think it's time I started to play around with this set-up to get a feel for the flow of it. End-game mechanics are starting to manifest themselves (lol regular 5mans, but still) and I'm noticing how it's changing the effectiveness of my healing (as in, not feeling as ridiculously OP as the lowbie-unbalancedness-of-everything wears off in MoP content).

I've been getting back in touch with unglyphed Mana Tea, however, and have loved the flexibility of not having to micro-manage my stacks vs the 10sec cooldown... I notice you've got it glyphed; how's that working out and do you find there to be situations where you want it glyphed vs unglyphed?

Nothing is the same when your in a raid...even 90 heroics can't compare to raids
glyph of uplift is great. i use chi for chi burst dumps/ enveloping mists. chi burst is fine. its up to YOU to position so it hits the most players. if you position well it can hit alot of players.

i raid 10 mans so i imagine in 25 chi burst would be even more useful. chi burst is usually in my top 3 heals after renewing mist. having uplift glyphed gives you flexibility to burst heal when its needed; like an above poster said when you need to uplift you usually need to do multiple uplifts. mana hasn't been a problem at all for me so far. i barely ever melee either and i am doing 50k hps + on the fights so far
with melee healing i've noticed mistweavers spamming jab to get chi they dont need then they use it on a chi heal that wasnt needed just to get stacks of mana tea. so you can end up spending more mana meleeing.
I think something wrong with Mistweaver mana regen.

My resto Druid in same gear has zero issues with mana. I can fight a pve mob as resto and come out with 98% mana.

My mistweaver in like gear fights a single mob and comes out with 80% mana.

And my resto Druid heals OOOO so much better.
Everything Mist said is correct.... again...
My mistweaver in like gear fights a single mob and comes out with 80% mana.

How many mana tea stacks do they have at the end of that fight? Remember, each stack is worth 4% mana.

That said, if your druid heals better, play your druid. I prefer the mistweaving style, personally.
Personally, I don't see myself using Glyph of Uplift yet. I could see it's use, but I like having a Chi Dump for non-stacked situations. I agree, a Chi Burst can work in some situations where people may not be perfectly stacked. However, there are many more times that your raid will be purposely spread out where it would not make sense to use Chi Burst. I mean, half of Spirit Kings is like this. And honestly, Chi gets produced so quickly, I don't really feel like I'm losing out on that on-demand uplift healing.
I'm not fond of the glyph. Using Jab or Soothing Mist for Chi to spend on uplift is much more efficient on mana, and at least in a raid, I can spend my mana if I don't manage it properly.
Nope, not a fan of the glyph. I'm sure it has its uses, but as mentioned before, Uplift is a good chi dump to build stacks of Mana Tea.

Occasionally, just for kicks, I'll throw in a Chi Burst instead of uplift, but the casting time and travel time kills it for me.