Mote of Harmony, a Blizz contradiction?

Professions
I agree with Samanthya, the only thing I would really change about Motes of Harmony is their BoP status. Make them BoA at least, that way if I have a pure gathering character (which I do) my motes and subsequent spirits are not wasted, I can send them to my JC, my Engineer, my Alchemist, etc, and put them to good use.

I'm okay with the drop rate TBH. I earn about 1 Spirit every day just doing dailies. I would not like to see them drop from nodes or herbs simply because it helps stop the botters. I hated botters more than anything, especially if I was out farming resources myself only to be intercepted by a botter that popped up out of the ground to steal my node while I was fighting off a monster.
10/06/2012 07:45 AMPosted by Rhykes
Tell me, what good do Spirits of Harmony serve? At what point is it fun to be leveling professions only to suddenly realize that you can't progress without using 1 or more Spirits on a worthless item that's going to get vendored or disenchanted anyway? How is it enjoyable that the main component of almost every profession is not reliably obtainable in any way, except by grinding up Tillers rep and filling your farmland with them?

No profession need motes to level

10/06/2012 12:04 AMPosted by Positron
This system where it only drops from mobs is pretty stupid.

And from fishing and from Gui-lai caches and from the golden lotus quest reward bag(a whole spirit) and the the tillers farms

At this point I have used about 6 spirits and I have 150 odd motes.
I like the system. you can get1 spirit (10 motes) in around 45 minutes so having a cry on the forums is just silly. This is really good and stops alot of botters etc
I dunno about you guys, but i seriously think they buffed the droprate, been getting spirits all morning...
BOA would definitely be nice, but I would be okay with them just raising the drop rate. I'm almost to 88 on my pally and he has 1 spirit and 2 motes. By the time I get 2 spirits, he won't even be able to use his BS crafted 415 weapon, and then I need 5 to make the better version. I'm running into this with all my crafting toons. By the time I get the spirits to create the armor or weapon I need, I'm already on to something better. Just doesn't make sense to me to not be able to use my own crafted things.
Do not want BOA. I need the barriers of entry in place.

And from fishing and from Gui-lai caches and from the golden lotus quest reward bag(a whole spirit) and the the tillers farms

Really? Fishing? I scooped up 300 fish from pools and note a single mote.
Geez, the whining in this thread is amazing. It is not that difficult to get spirits, honestly. Deal with it the way it is. These topics are neverending. Do you think on the 12345th topic, they will all of a sudden say "You know what, we're wrong and we're gonna change it right away". They already said they have considered changing it in a future patch. For now, you will have to wait for that patch.
Nope. BoA motes of harmony are implemented to put the AH trolls and goldfarmers out of business, and put real players back IN business.
Going out in the world and killing half the countryside are 2 very different things.

Botters will still strip mine or mass herb, making the cost for mats garbage eventually screwing the honest players from making any gold, they don't care either way.

Gating everything is not the answer, its stupid and boring.

I could care less if they were BoA, making them appear rarely when I mine would be much better. Keep it harder to get from mining/herning but not 1/1000 rare.
Getting pretty good Harmonies just from dailies and especially my tillers plots
Alright so the main argument about motes dropping from nodes is botters. How does that affect the economy?

If they are still BoP they can't sell them directly, they will have to craft something. Mulitple botters means more items on AH which means competitive market.

They 'ninja' nodes? Have you seen how stupidly fast nodes resapwn now? My hunter could not leave the cave north of Green(whatever) village in Jade Forest because I couldn't stop myself from mining. Before I left Jade Forest I had a mining bag full of ore. There is no demand for supply.

Botters are not an issue. I just find it incredibly boring to only need 1 or 2 mats for every craftable item and the are all boring. Remember back in BC when you had to farm an area for a specific drop from skinning, all kinds of scales and leather. Now we have leather for leather items; greens and pvp blues, scales for mail greens and pvp blues then any epic recipe is just a couple of hides, SoH and blood spirits which arn't farmable to begin with and puts us at the mercy of enchanters and will be a 'guild only' item for months.

Except for cooking and maybe JC (new mounts) and Incription (DMF cards for now) all professions are looking boring and lackluster. If it wasn't for the passive stats for raids I don't think I'd bother learning any of the primary professions :(
10/06/2012 12:34 AMPosted by Whiterabbitt
OK, from what I've read the idea behind using a BoP reagent as central crafting material was; 'to get crafters away from the AH and back into the world." OK, fine, a sound idea.

I think the idea was shut down botters as much as possible. I believe they used to run around under the map farming !@#$. Don't think bots were ever killing mobs. If that is true, and they were to give them to gatherers, then it would actually be a big benefit to the botters and hurt the casual player. It would give the botters a lot bigger piece of the market then they had before. So i wouldn't hold your breath...

This is the winner folks. It is probably also why they are flooding the mats markets. It's not very efficient for botters to get useless materials.
I think it is a horrible time sink of a system. I would be happy if they even reduced down to 5 motes of Harmony to make spirit.
people are going to complain either way... they will complain that its bop. they will complain that its boe that only rich people are making money and getting gear
10/14/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Trolley
They 'ninja' nodes? Have you seen how stupidly fast nodes resapwn now? My hunter could not leave the cave north of Green(whatever) village in Jade Forest because I couldn't stop myself from mining. Before I left Jade Forest I had a mining bag full of ore. There is no demand for supply.

Actually nodes are already tuned down since release. I went right around heartland because I need some silk weed for flasks. 7 Herb spawns compared to 50, 2 weeks ago. I miss having multiple spawns on my screen:(