Heroic 5-Mans raining Mail?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I'm not here to QQ about how hard my gearing journey has been since I dinged 90. I'd say over the past few days I've run about 15-20 heroics.

Now I may be bugged or something, I have no idea. I've been running with guildies mainly, and they all are amazed that this is happening. It's getting really tiring and frustrating for all of us. Mail, especially Agi mail (as well as Agi off-peaces) drops around 85% of the time from bosses, and I'm being pretty generous with that percentage. Like, really generous.

If it's bad luck, it's an amazing streak. This seems really unlikely. It seems like something's wrong.

I'm just trying to get some basic pieces so I can hopefully raid with my guild next week. I've sunk hours into these heroics and don't have much to show for it. Is this normal? If so, how are the forums not flooded with threads about it?
Based on your activity feed, you've seen a lot more cloth than mail.
10/06/2012 10:56 PMPosted by Postonforums
Based on your activity feed, you've seen a lot more cloth than mail.

Keep in mind, been running with guildies, so we've got an enchanter consistently. You don't see the obtained crystals due to disenchant, which happens every time unless a random pug needs the piece. That's a terribly inaccurate way to judge what's been dropping xD
you've defeated 28 Pandarian Heroic Bosses, and I see 6 items looted in the past 12 hours that are cloth or intellect.

That's about 20% for 1/4 armor classes, which seems pretty well distributed.
you've defeated 28 Pandarian Heroic Bosses, and I see 6 items looted in the past 12 hours that are cloth or intellect.

That's about 20% for 1/4 armor classes, which seems pretty well distributed.

I understand your approach, but I've only looted 1, count it, 1 cloth piece I could use. 1 other shoulder for shadow because it has hit. The rest has been quest rewards. And even if what you said was correct, the rest of the gear, meaning the other 3/4's was almost all mail. I'm not kidding when I say that xD
What's it say?
I saw plate for three days straight. Then finally some mail started dropping... seriously, RNG is RNG, can we stop with these threads? One armor type isn't dropping more than another, and won't drop any less if you make a forum post. You're just unlucky - deal.
10/06/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Gracos
I saw plate for three days straight. Then finally some mail started dropping... seriously, RNG is RNG, can we stop with these threads? One armor type isn't dropping more than another, and won't drop any less if you make a forum post. You're just unlucky - deal.

Happens everytime a wave of dungeons come out.

Raid complaints are far and fewer between, but loot QQ is about 40% of R+D forums (I refuse to call it D+R+S)
I'm not here to QQ about how hard my gearing journey has been since I dinged 90.

If it's bad luck, it's an amazing streak. This seems really unlikely. It seems like something's wrong.

I did address these already! It was a legitimate concern! Thanks for the feedback, though, guys.
10/06/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Gracos

:O someone who understands these thing!?! I wish more people were like you....then these forums would be clutter free!
I made this thread to address a concern I had that was mirrored through a multitude of guild members, not just my dungeon buddies. I wanted to see if this was a common occurrence. Like I had addressed in the original post, this wasn't about QQ.

The only QQ I'm seein' is forum clutter QQ ;)
It rained mail for me and I am happy!
I made this thread to address a concern I had that was mirrored through a multitude of guild members, not just my dungeon buddies. I wanted to see if this was a common occurrence. Like I had addressed in the original post, this wasn't about QQ.

The only QQ I'm seein' is forum clutter QQ ;)

So my pally, who has seen lots of cloth with usually no cloth wearer in the group, should make a post stating that there must be something wrong with loot tables or distribution based on personal observations?

Or my hunter, who has seen lots of everything except agi mail (went 0-15 at one point) should make a post stating that there is something wrong with loot tables or distribution based on personal observation?

Understand that your limited experience is not a large enough sample to draw any statistically significant conclusions about loot distribution before posting. That is why you are getting responses saying basically "Random is random".

You could use your personal experience to illustrate how the RNG based nature of gear drops along with the nerfs to JP gear leaves people with gaps in their gearing that cannot be overcome by anything but luck.

That would probably get more comments bringing up the handful of slots they just cannot fill due to bad RNG and the general questioning of why the jp gear was made sub par such that it doesn't actually fill missing slots.
So my pally, who has seen lots of cloth with usually no cloth wearer in the group, should make a post stating that there must be something wrong with loot tables or distribution based on personal observations?

What made this post particularly interesting is the fact that you quoted my post which explicitly stated it wasn't just me, but many guildies as well, that was experiencing this very same trend. This is ultimately what moved me to post about it!

It peaked my curiosity and moved me to ask if others had the same experience. A simple "no, this is unusual and you are just really unlucky" would've been fine.