Horde Equivalent: Massacre of Troops

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
If the Sha of doubt wasn't infecting him, would Rell have been like, "Kill those green pigs!"?

Also, both the alliance and horde commanders who are killed by the player are completely evil and have had their brains eaten by the Sha. The alliance one turns child volunteers into his permanent slaves, and explodes into a Sha monster when he dies. The horde one is flagrantly evil summoning uncontrollable demons, taking slaves, and turns the pandaeren there against the entire horde.

Not quite

Rell's initial questioning was of his own accord

Wthen the Sha sensed his doubt, it snuck up on him and corrupted him
10/07/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Caeledor
Technicly... After the very first sequence, the Alliance is religated to... what... 4 people? The Airship and everyone with it packs up and leaves after razing the port.

atleast the alliance soldiers survive the horde get wiped out practically......something about two hot exposed air balloons held together by chains......doesnt scream good work design
10/08/2012 09:54 AMPosted by Sledgehammer
Technicly... After the very first sequence, the Alliance is religated to... what... 4 people? The Airship and everyone with it packs up and leaves after razing the port.

atleast the alliance soldiers survive the horde get wiped out practically......something about two hot exposed air balloons held together by chains......doesnt scream good work design

Which is why I think the Alliance deserves getting air superiority over the Horde. :P Get a design that isn't so blatantly faulty, then we'll consider giving them a chance in the sky.
10/08/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Resileaf
Which is why I think the Alliance deserves getting air superiority over the Horde. :P Get a design that isn't so blatantly faulty, then we'll consider giving them a chance in the sky.

I think they already have it. I'll admit I was a bit doubtful after shooting Wildhammers with junk.

And I would've given Horde air superioty over the Alliance, while giving then naval. But alas, we don't always get our ways
Alliance-side, I wouldn't say that the Horde commander is 'corrupted'.

It seemed more that he was harnessing the Sha instead of being possessed by it.
10/07/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Caeledor

So what the the Alliance just hate their own guys? Seriously we atleast have a good reason why were stuck the Alliance Gunship just flies off like "Oh sorry, we've got better things to do than support you guys, have fun!"

And people wonder why the Alliance is losing so much ground?

So what the the Alliance just hate their own guys? Seriously we atleast have a good reason why were stuck the Alliance Gunship just flies off like "Oh sorry, we've got better things to do than support you guys, have fun!"

And people wonder why the Alliance is losing so much ground?

They had a good reason too. The main Alliance navy needs air support, and the Skyfire would be it. Furthermore, if the Skyfire was around, the Alliance's search would be too obvious. They left the SI:7, Admiral Taylor, and an elite operative (the player) to find Anduin and bring him back to Stormwind somehow (I imagine that there was a way to do it, but they didn't explain it).
But if they had the Gunship it would make it so much easier to deal with Horde Forces in the region! What are we going to do with five guys against a fully armed and equipped gunship that can level any defense we might establish and launch combat patrols for to track Horde forces down. Besides if the Horde thinks you're looking for them they won't have clue about Anduin. Heck we found him by accident really.
10/07/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Kalycto
Is there a Horde equivalent to this? If so, what is it and how does it go? Hopefully it's not a mirror image of this battle.

In the Horde equivilent of Garrosh'ar point, you slay medics AND their patients in their beds.
10/08/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Randwin
But if they had the Gunship it would make it so much easier to deal with Horde Forces in the region! What are we going to do with five guys against a fully armed and equipped gunship that can level any defense we might establish and launch combat patrols for to track Horde forces down. Besides if the Horde thinks you're looking for them they won't have clue about Anduin. Heck we found him by accident really.

Ultimately, the real reason was Blizzard didn't have time to insert the Skyfire into the rest of MoP's story arc by the time they decided it needed to be in the Jade Forest.

Blizzard had two options, destroy the Alliance gunship or have it withdraw from Pandaria until 5.1. They chose the latter, likely in part because it gave the Alliance an overdue unambiguous victory as well as created a bit of asymmetry in otherwise similar starting experiences.
10/08/2012 06:12 PMPosted by Vyrin
Is there a Horde equivalent to this? If so, what is it and how does it go? Hopefully it's not a mirror image of this battle.

In the Horde equivilent of Garrosh'ar point, you slay medics AND their patients in their beds.

Where does it specifically say in any of the quests to go kill medics and their patients?

Also, I did the quest yesterday on an alt. Those "patients" had no problem aggroing me and jumping up out of their beds to attack when I just try to ride by.
10/08/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Kirotan
Where does it specifically say in any of the quests to go kill medics and their patients?

What, because it doesn't say "go and kill their medics and their patients" doesn't mean that it didn't happen, either through Horde bombardment or more personally. Both of them qualify towards quest completion and the fact that they aggro doesn't make them not medics or not patients.

The Horde literally storms medical encampments, kills the attending physicians, and then kills people in their beds. I'm thinking that this is more than the equivilent that the OP is looking for, and the Horde didn't even need the Sha to do it.
10/09/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Vyrin
Both of them qualify towards quest completion and the fact that they aggro doesn't make them not medics or not patients.

So its ok for the Alliance to kill dozens of unarmed hostile Orcs swimming to shore, but when an injured soldier and his nure BOTH attack me, its not ok to kill them? Your logic seems kinda flawed.
10/09/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Mormin
So its ok for the Alliance to kill dozens of unarmed hostile Orcs swimming to shore, but when an injured soldier and his nure BOTH attack me, its not ok to kill them? Your logic seems kinda flawed.

Because in the case of the Orcs it was still on the field of battle and none of them were injured nor incapacitated aside from having dropped their weapons accidentally.

That the doctors and injured soldiers took a few swings at you as you cut them down in their medical tents doesn't make them combatants.

This is Southshore logic here. "They resisted in some way, therefore they were combatants and we had the right to murder them all."
10/09/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Vyrin
That the doctors and injured soldiers took a few swings at you as you cut them down in their medical tents doesn't make them combatants.

I only attacked regular soldiers in that quest, the medics and injured CHOSE to attack me as I walked by. They attacked first, which means self defense. Btw I don't think its a 'few swings' when the injured soldier is shooting a rifle at me.

Because in the case of the Orcs it was still on the field of battle and none of them were injured nor incapacitated aside from having dropped their weapons accidentally.

This is Southshore logic here. "They resisted in some way, therefore they were combatants and we had the right to murder them all."

Um. I'm pretty sure not all of those orcs were unharmed since, you know, you saw them flying several feet in the air while you blew the crap out of their ships. And Alliance forces shot at the Hellscream's Fist first. They made their 'medical outpost' a battlefield.

10/09/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Mormin

I only attacked regular soldiers in that quest, the medics and injured CHOSE to attack me as I walked by. They attacked first, which means self defense. Btw I don't think its a 'few swings' when the injured soldier is shooting a rifle at me.

Also, this. I only attacked healers if they walked up to me :P

Um. I'm pretty sure not all of those orcs were unharmed since, you know, you saw them flying several feet in the air while you blew the crap out of their ships. And Alliance forces shot at the Hellscream's Fist first. They made their 'medical outpost' a battlefield.

This also. At least the Horde give the Alliance time to set up a medical area, the Alliance just decided to slaughter all the injured instead.
10/09/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Mormin

Aggro tables and ranges are gameplay mechanics.

1) They were healthy enough to be able to swim ashore. Orcs are hardy and I doubt that simply being thrown into the water would harm them that much.

2) I never said that the entire fortress was a medical outpost, but it had medical outposts in it, and medical outposts were in it because it was the only fortified position that the Alliance had on Pandaria at the time, not to mention Horde forces fire on it from their gunship to initiate the battle.

10/09/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Mormin
At least the Horde give the Alliance time to set up a medical area, the Alliance just decided to slaughter all the injured instead.

1) Considering the Horde then run rampant through the medical area and butchering doctors and their patients as they lie in their beds, I doubt that it existed in the first place out of "Horde kindness."

2) Proof that the Orcs were injured? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't have any.

3) Why are you scrambling to try and paint the Horde in a "good guy" light? Are people STILL doing this even now?
10/09/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Vyrin

Aggro tables and ranges are gameplay mechanics.

1) They were healthy enough to be able to swim ashore. Orcs are hardy and I doubt that simply being thrown into the water would harm them that much.

2) I never said that the entire fortress was a medical outpost, but it had medical outposts in it, and medical outposts were in it because it was the only fortified position that the Alliance had on Pandaria at the time, not to mention Horde forces fire on it from their gunship to initiate the battle.

10/09/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Mormin
At least the Horde give the Alliance time to set up a medical area, the Alliance just decided to slaughter all the injured instead.

1) Considering the Horde then run rampant through the medical area and butchering doctors and their patients as they lie in their beds, I doubt that it existed in the first place out of "Horde kindness."

2) Proof that the Orcs were injured? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't have any.

3) Why are you scrambling to try and paint the Horde in a "good guy" light? Are people STILL doing this even now?

In order:

by your logic, the fact they appear capable of swimming perfectly fine is just the games animations. Doesnt mean they weren't hurt.

1. See above. And yeah, water won't hurt. More being flung by the fiery explosions tearing their ships apart.
2. The alliance shot first, or at the same moment as the Fist. The first quest begins with a clear view that our ship is burning and under fire from Alliance cannons. We were scrambling to battle stations. And the Alliance should certainly be smarter to place medical points right next to the entrance where a battle is likely.

1. They still had time to fortify, whether Horde forces allowed or not.
2. You have no proof they weren't. Not like we have a 'wounded swim' animation. And you shot them immediately.
10/09/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Cártian
by your logic, the fact they appear capable of swimming perfectly fine is just the games animations. Doesnt mean they weren't hurt.

Except there's nothing to suggest that they were hurt, so it's safe to assume that they weren't.

1. See above. And yeah, water won't hurt. More being flung by the fiery explosions tearing their ships apart.
2. The alliance shot first, or at the same moment as the Fist. The first quest begins with a clear view that our ship is burning and under fire from Alliance cannons. We were scrambling to battle stations. And the Alliance should certainly be smarter to place medical points right next to the entrance where a battle is likely.

1. If they were that injured they wouldn't even be able to swim. Furthermore, there's a difference between killing someone injured while in the heat of battle and killing them while they lie in a hospital bed.

2. Not only are you arguing that the Horde wouldn't have attacked the Alliance had they seen them first (which is absolutely ludicrous since this is the Horde and they're in a state of open war with the Alliance) but you're also arguing that the Horde killing patients in their beds is the Alliance's fault for having hospital beds. Do you EVER get tired of resisting the fact that Blizzard has been portraying the Horde under Garrosh as objectively evil and that this is just one more war crime on their already bloated list?

1. They still had time to fortify, whether Horde forces allowed or not.
2. You have no proof they weren't. Not like we have a 'wounded swim' animation. And you shot them immediately.

1. So? "They were fortified, therefore it was justified for us to storm their medical facilities and kill everyone present?"
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_Ignorance