Here's why you can't login on 10/7

Customer Support
10/07/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Rhonyn
maybe they can delete your "lame post" oh and sweet private server videos and rumors only travel so far.

I have seen this hack work on live before but it's been kept to a selective few until one of them were banned and figured since it's reported to go all out. You can choose to believe its a private server but it's not :)
People who hack the goverment have gotten jobs. Yes working for the fbi helping to catch other hackers like them Usually at first under house arrest. Hacking is not a good thing it doesn't help make games better anyone who thinks they do are naive or worse.
10/07/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Fînn

Blizzard never said this. By nature, being part of the in-line world, they're more than aware that it COULD happen.

Also -

The fact that you would even jokingly approve of this says loads about your character.

The guys on mmowned have contribute more to the community then wow devs have.

THat's another psycho statement , you realize if taht " community " Would stop hacking WoW we would have less downtime and more playtime ? None of the 10 millions subs know or care about hacking Blizz. We just wanna play. This site just hack it. They dont play it , why would you hack and cause downtime to a game you play ? You dont.

If these nerds would stop blizz would have more time/money on their hands to do something better than fix the servers every 2-3 days.

I dont support hacking in THAT way. You found something and report it to Blizz to they can fix it Yes i approve.

You hack on your own to hurt the players/Blizz staff , that's not a good way to do it , these ahcker could tell Blizz whats wrong right away since they are exploiting it but they dont they make fun of this of ppl who finaly have a day off and can't play.

Sorry but thoese nerd needs legal action taken against them one day. We'll see how the react when they get hacked IRL.
10/07/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Andropov
I had no clue there wa a whole community devoted to hacking this game...God, I gotta come out from under my rock. I dont cheat in the game, but damn!

Coming out may not be easy. What will your parents say?

They wont be proud. My dad will probably disown me. Sigh
10/07/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Whuflungpu

Yeah, at this point, the hackers have established themselves as un-trustworty, unfortunately.

Blowing up entire realms isn't going to get you a job interview. Contacting Blizz with your discovery and keeping it quiet would have probably gotten them hired. But if I'm a manager at Blizzard, there's no way I let these guys in the building now.

not true, people who hack the government have gotten jobs..

You watch too many movies
It's kinda funny, actually. Do I approve of it? Yes.

Someone needs to get nuked for progress to happen.

Hopefully the memory issue fixes some of the errors that have been bringing problems to the game. So someone nuked a few thousand players. It's 1's and 0's. The information used during this event can be used too plug up the hole and further improve the game.

Go outside or something. It'll get fixed.
I dont get all the panda hate. Pandaren are a noble race! :)
Just as bad as the worgen hate when cata came out...
bump

The guys on mmowned have contribute more to the community then wow devs have.

THat's another psycho statement , you realize if taht " community " Would stop hacking WoW we would have less downtime and more playtime ? None of the 10 millions subs know or care about hacking Blizz. We just wanna play. This site just hack it. They dont play it , why would you hack and cause downtime to a game you play ? You dont.

If these nerds would stop blizz would have more time/money on their hands to do something better than fix the servers every 2-3 days.

I dont support hacking in THAT way. You found something and report it to Blizz to they can fix it Yes i approve.

You hack on your own to hurt the players/Blizz staff , that's not a good way to do it , these ahcker could tell Blizz whats wrong right away since they are exploiting it but they dont they make fun of this of ppl who finaly have a day off and can't play.

Sorry but thoese nerd needs legal action taken against them one day. We'll see how the react when they get hacked IRL.

"these nerds" lol? So what does pass as a nerd now? Someone knowledgeable in computation? Someone who knows more then you is prob your definition of a nerd. In that case we're all nerd then. These exploits were reported and blizzard brushed it off as a addon error. Research it. No one will be brought to the law in this case. Much more important cyber crimes are being committed then a few bright people sticking it to a game where devs ignore most of the player base.
a guy from my country hacked NASA's servers some years ago.. and guess what.. NASA hired him.
10/07/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Gunny
"these nerds" lol? So what does pass as a nerd now? Someone knowledgeable in computation? Someone who knows more then you is prob your definition of a nerd. In that case we're all nerd then. These exploits were reported and blizzard brushed it off as a addon error. Research it. No one will be brought to the law in this case. Much more important cyber crimes are being committed then a few bright people sticking it to a game where devs ignore most of the player base.

I'd say it applies to someone "bright" who has nothing better to do than inconvenience fellow gamers with their antics. Nerds, dweebs, dorks, losers.. pick the term. What difference does it make if you're highly intelligent if you don't do something productive with it besides sitting in a basement trying to stick it to 'the man'? Especially if 'the man' in this case is a gaming company.. lol

Pathetic.

Oh hey another stereotype..people who seem smarter then you obviously play/live in a basement. lol i don't see how its a attempt to "stick it to the man" they has the knowledge to do this and had fun with it and obvious made people like you rage. lol at the end of the day they could be well paid developers living in very expensive basements :D. BUt you gunny :/ i am not to sure what kind of future of have.
Would you guys rather them have let it continue, or take the realms down, do what they need to do, extended it or not?

Personally? Take em down, long as you need.

People will figure things out. People will hack things. You act so surprised.
10/07/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Gunny
Oh hey another stereotype..people who seem smarter then you obviously play/live in a basement. lol i don't see how its a attempt to "stick it to the man" they has the knowledge to do this and had fun with it and obvious made people like you rage. lol at the end of the day they could be well paid developers living in very expensive basements :D. BUt you gunny :/ i am not to sure what kind of future of have.

I'm retired military, not that it's relevant.

I'll clue you in on some human nature though.. people who do stereotypical things tend to fit their stereotypes. Having fun at the expense of others doesn't make you a cyber Robin Hood in my book, but maybe it works for you. Nor does committing a felony garner you any respect.

It's sad what people idolize.

Exploiting a bug fits into a nerd stereotype? Idolize? Who said it made them a cyber robin? You retired from old age or just not being able to process simple things? I've seen you around the forums and most of the time you make up pointless arguments and actually "nerd"rage about fair play. Get over yourself lol. Done posting.
10/07/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Fînn
. Get over yourself lol.

THIS?

Is a good example of irony in case you wondered.
d
I am behind you 100% Gunny!!! THANK YOU!

10/07/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Gunny
Exploiting a bug fits into a nerd stereotype? Idolize? Who said it made them a cyber robin? You retired from old age or just not being able to process simple things? I've seen you around the forums and most of the time you make up pointless arguments and actually "nerd"rage about fair play. Get over yourself lol. Done posting.

You, and others in the thread, act like they did something great. Process that. If you think hacking a game is acceptable then no wonder comments about fair play go over your head.