terrible random fps drops

Technical Support
my system

i5-2500k oc'd 4.5ghz
GTX 560 TI
12gb 1800mhz ram G.skill

no reason for me to ever experience an fps drop. i can play any game and never experience it. Random times in wow my fps drops below 20 sometimes to the point i can't see movement at all. I tested all my hardware nothing shows to be causing Any issue.
This random fps drop is on WoW's side. it needs to be fixed. it's getting worse every day I'm completely sick of it.
Me too. I have an asus g75w with a nvida gtx 660 i7 and only in wow periodically about 10 seconds my fps drops from 80 on ultra to 20 to 1 then it goes back up. i need help
Well your specs are fine.
Could possibly be graphic issue? Possibly turn down WoW's graphics a notch.

Also: Insure your graphics card is updated. This could be causing your issue.

Could also be High Populated areas?
I remember going into AV and almost crashing the game when it first connected me in.

Could also be lag.

Only thing that comes in mind is to either try what I listed above, or possibly uninstall and reinstall the game.
Well your specs are fine.
Could possibly be graphic issue? Possibly turn down WoW's graphics a notch.

Also: Insure your graphics card is updated. This could be causing your issue.

Could also be High Populated areas?
I remember going into AV and almost crashing the game when it first connected me in.

Could also be lag.

Only thing that comes in mind is to either try what I listed above, or possibly uninstall and reinstall the game.

my specs are fine. graphics can't be the issue if this game requires more then a 560ti for the graphics it gives they better fix their coding.
I can play a game as gorgeous as the witcher 2 on max graphics. There's no way the graphics card can't handle it. Everything is updated. i ran benchmarks everything shows 100% accurate as what it should be. no over heating either. this is wow's side. These fps drops are entirely random.
It's not lag cuz i can see my fps randomly dropping when it happens with fraps. My latency doesn't move at all. Either way if it is lag this is a problem they need to fix.
before the patch i was running at ultra at 80 fps without any hiccups. ever since the patch, my fps drops periodically. i've updated my gtx card and even made sure it wasnt on my front by returning my laptop for a new one. this ONLY HAPPENS ON WOW, no other games. Idk what to do. I even tried putting all of my settings to low and it stll happens. ill go from 100 fps slowly down to 1 then it does it over and over again
10/09/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Volkasaur
before the patch i was running at ultra at 80 fps without any hiccups. ever since the patch, my fps drops periodically. i've updated my gtx card and even made sure it wasnt on my front by returning my laptop for a new one. this ONLY HAPPENS ON WOW, no other games. Idk what to do. I even tried putting all of my settings to low and it stll happens. ill go from 100 fps slowly down to 1 then it does it over and over again

exactly i did try lowering graphics did Nothing. This is a big problem and it's getting a lot worse.
Well at least we know this is not on our side.
I get lag, but I honestly ignore it. Mine only drops to about 30FPS which is still not really normal for my #1 gaming build.

These are my 2 builds btw:
i7-3770k
gtx 670
16gb ddr3

i7-3770
HD 7770
8gb ddr3

So something is wrong.
Hopefully we can get the FPS drop issues fixed because some people in my guild are having issues as well.
Ill be watching your thread to see if a blue responds with a fix for you.
Well at least we know this is not on our side.
I get lag, but I honestly ignore it. Mine only drops to about 30FPS which is still not really normal for my #1 gaming build.

These are my 2 builds btw:
i7-3770k
gtx 670
16gb ddr3

i7-3770
HD 7770
8gb ddr3

So something is wrong.
Hopefully we can get the FPS drop issues fixed because some people in my guild are having issues as well.
Ill be watching your thread to see if a blue responds with a fix for you.

I surely hope something comes up. I've done literally everything to fix it. I want it gone cause if this interrupts my raiding i will be furious.
[quote]I surely hope something comes up. I've done literally everything to fix it. I want it gone cause if this interrupts my raiding i will be furious.

What I can recommend, which I usually don't for people with high end specs is to use Gamebooster.
When I used to have a laptop, I would use that and it would give me a good extra 10FPS.
It's free, spyware/malware free and easy to use.

If your issue is not solved by raid time, I would suggest using that.
You can get it from CNET.
10/09/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Deathimself
[quote]I surely hope something comes up. I've done literally everything to fix it. I want it gone cause if this interrupts my raiding i will be furious.

What I can recommend, which I usually don't for people with high end specs is to use Gamebooster.
When I used to have a laptop, I would use that and it would give me a good extra 10FPS.
It's free, spyware/malware free and easy to use.

If your issue is not solved by raid time, I would suggest using that.
You can get it from CNET.

tried it didn't work. that is only going to help our side not theirs. Their side IS the problem here.
do you recover from your drop? or do you have to relog or /reloadui? it happens to me every time somebody logs in with real id but i'm not sure if it's linked to an addon failing.
Same problem. Tried everything. It's only WoW. Tested GPU temperature, it's nothing out of the ordinary.
I've gone without addons to see a few times and it still happened. Yes i recover usually it lasts about 8 seconds or so. But, it's just how often it's starting to happen.

I'm starting to think it's something related to the animations.
I've gone without addons to see a few times and it still happened. Yes i recover usually it lasts about 8 seconds or so. But, it's just how often it's starting to happen.

Seems to me like it has something to do with being in Cross Realm Zones.

this was what i thought. But, it also occurred in the shrine city. At times in SW as well.

Whatever this issue is. it better get fixed. NOW. just happened during my raid and i had to leave because of how bad it got. I'm nothing short of furious an the lack of acknowledgement on this issue is really on my nerves.

Edit: I'm also wondering if it's something with the 64bit client. I'm going to test 32-bit and see if there's any change.
changing to 32bit did nothing at all.
i think we all just got bad video cards... sol

I concure with this was at Halfhill at my farm did a reload ui during a FR drop and came back into my "farm zone" and the quest giver there was buggy could open it but buttons weren't working walked out of the "farm zone" and back in all was well and fine. I do feel this is a cross realm issue as I am also running win7 asus g50vt nvidia GF9800 512M with fiber optic internet 30Mbps down 10Mbps up
I've got a similar issue - running windows 8

After a format and reinstall of win8 i had installed setpoint drivers for my keyboard + mouse and 12.11 beta drivers for my 7970 and did a windows update, also disabled flash in ie10.

IWoW ran like a dream on ultra multisampling 8x and aa 16x. I then installed a few apps - ad muncher, malwarebytes.. google chrome.. still ran like a dream.

Didn't play for 2 days over the weekend but did install the following: foobar2000, eset smart security 6 rc, dropbox, java 7 update 9, vlc, curse with dotnet 3.5 and universal media server.

Wow now runs like balls, even if i drop the settings down to "good" and multisampling to 1x and aa to 4x.

I also removed all the software down to just the base drivers and it still runs like crap.

Before the format it was randomly working like a champ ~100 FPS in zones, 40-60 in SW. BUT more often than not i had crap fps..

I can't explain it, it's either a software incompatibility, a bug in the game (more likely) or all our video cards need replacing (i doubt it.)
I have the GTX 660 ti graphics card, its overclocked to the speed of a 670 on temps less than 55 degrees celsius under full load. I will be getting almost 200+ FPS in game, out of nowhere, drops to 1 fps and locks my PC up. No other game does this. I wont even be doing anything in WoW, it happens when i sit their. Its only a 5 percent load to my processor and GPU. So its not my PC, my PC is far beyond overclocked to not be able to handle wow, it handles games with 100 percent load to them both like a charm. In wow, random FPS drops and locks my PC up, if they dont fix this, I will be quitting wow and asking for my money back for this stupid game. Especially since I spent over 1k for my PC to have it lock up in a crap cartoon 10 year old game...