Warlock Patch 5.0.5 patch notes:

Warlock
Post Limit:
- Hellfire no longer does damage immediately when it is initially cast, and now does the correct amount of damage over its 14 second duration.

Why does this still do damage to the Lock? It's not vanilla anymore. Hellfire is a Demo Locks primary AOE, not the novelty (I'm going to kill myself before I get killed so I avoid repair costs) it spell it used to be.
Ya shouldn't hurt the lock, IMO, even dumber you can't use dark bargain for fear of taking more dmg
It does minimal damage... You should not even notice it. And if you are, you are using it to much...

And No Hellfire is not the Demo locks primary AOE.. Hand of Guldan is...
And No Hellfire is not the Demo locks primary AOE.. Hand of Guldan is...

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=105174

Vs

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=1949

Hand of Guldan is better.

Vs

Because sending a link of two skills IS a method of comparison.
Ok mourgrim, you win. Just keep aoeing with hand of guldan after 2 global cds ok ?
OH WAIT !
I am linking them because HoG is obviously better.

Vs

Ok mourgrim, you win. Just keep aoeing with hand of guldan after 2 global cds ok ?
OH WAIT !

And I will and I wont be wasting the channeling time on a retarded spell that does inferior damage.

And I will be doing more damage and using my global CD's more effectively thus having more dps then you.

And I will be doing more damage and using my global CD's more effectively thus having more dps then you.

Ok, maybe I wasnt clear enough. How can you keep using AoE with a skill that only has 2 charges and a recharge timer ?

Sarcasm apart,
Correct AoE rotation:

If fury >= 160

Chaos Wave (Use both charges) > Immolation Aura > Carrion Swarm > Void Ray
Obviosly, if you happen to get to the void ray part, you happened to have a LOT of demonic fury =)

If fury < 160

Hellfire till demonic fury > 160 so you can do the above rotation =)

I may be missing one or two parts like the fact that you can use demon soul to do A LOT more damage if you use it before entering meta and spamming your aoe habilities.
The only time hellfire should be used is when your in demon form and it becomes immolation aura. Because you can keep casting while it is being used and no longer hurts you.

OH WAIT !

And I will and I wont be wasting the channeling time on a retarded spell that does inferior damage.

You should definitely be using HoG in your multi-target AoE rotation, but you should also be using Immolation Aura (if you have the Fury) and/or Hellfire (along with CoE, Dot-tab Corr/Doom, Felstorm etc). However teaching you how to AoE isn't the point of the thread.

The point is: Why are Locks still paying in Health to do what other classes just do normally?

Negligible damage or not, isn't Hellfire self-damage a relic at this point?
Because it does !@#$ damage and it blocks all other casting.
Hellfire is a wastefull spell for Aoe out side of it being immolation aura.

Ok, maybe I wasnt clear enough. How can you keep using AoE with a skill that only has 2 charges and a recharge timer ?

Sarcasm apart,
Correct AoE rotation:

If fury >= 160

Chaos Wave (Use both charges) > Immolation Aura > Carrion Swarm > Void Ray
Obviosly, if you happen to get to the void ray part, you happened to have a LOT of demonic fury =)

If fury < 160

Hellfire till demonic fury > 160 so you can do the above rotation =)

I may be missing one or two parts like the fact that you can use demon soul to do A LOT more damage if you use it before entering meta and spamming your aoe habilities.

So much this.
Does killing yourself with hellfire still cause 0 durability loss?
this is how i envision the op
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqs9DYisSsg&NR=1&feature=fvwp
You can't even kill yourself w/ it unless you are in combat. You simply regen too much health OOC.
You literally can't kill yourself with it at all, now. I got glitched falling forever, so I tried to kill myself by lifetapping to one hp and then spamming hellfire, but it wouldn't kill me. Neither would any hp cost talent since they're percentage based.

I managed it in the end by spamming multiple on-GCD spells, mostly life tap, to make the server lag a little and then channeling Hellfire so it would kill me before the server checked to see if I actually should be able to use it. But without going to that extreme, suicide by Hellfire is impossible.
You literally can't kill yourself with it at all, now. I got glitched falling forever, so I tried to kill myself by lifetapping to one hp and then spamming hellfire, but it wouldn't kill me. Neither would any hp cost talent since they're percentage based.

I managed it in the end by spamming multiple on-GCD spells, mostly life tap, to make the server lag a little and then channeling Hellfire so it would kill me before the server checked to see if I actually should be able to use it. But without going to that extreme, suicide by Hellfire is impossible.

Ahhhh. Skipping out of repair bills was the only reason i could think for keeping it.

If you cant do that i dont see the reason for it (especially if the damage is that low).
While we're on the subject of ancient relics, why the mana mechanics like they are? Hurting myself to keep up with my mana, something that other classes get to do as their regular rotation? What's up with that?