PvP and Standing a Chance

Wyrmrest Accord
I'm going to get right to the point, because I want to know ahead of time before I commit to it. I'm an Enhancement Shaman, and I like PvP because it is what reminds me most of how Warcraft should be: Alliance versus Horde. I like being able to fight.

Not get one-shotted all the time by people decked out in Heirlooms.

So! I see a great looking set in the PvP vendor called the Field Marshal's Earthshaker. If I were to save up my honor to purchase an entire set of this, would I stand a chance against these people in full Heirloom gear?

Thanks,

Lingshan
10/03/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Lingshan
If I were to save up my honor to purchase an entire set of this, would I stand a chance against these people in full Heirloom gear?

Probably not. I'd suggest saving your honor and get the lvl 70 set. It's the first pvp gear besides getting your own pvp heirlooms that has resilience and sockets on it and that helps your survivability a great deal. I did 50/50 BGs and instances getting this character up to 70 and had plenty for the entire set. I think I also had enough to convert to JP and buy wrath epic gems too but I've a horrid memory so I could be wrong and got them from other sources.

I've been lazy and haven't gotten around to getting my stuff enchanted and that's a drawback as well. Best thing is you can't put anything but classic chants on heirloom gear where you can put BC and even wrath chants on pvp or instance pieces.

"Keeping up with the Joneses" is a pain in the neck.
Thank you. I got part of the set, but I'll save up the rest of my honor.
Wait until level 80+.Or go healing spec.

Anything lower than 75 bracket (which it's unbalanced on it's own due to people using cata equipment at level 78) is unbalanced due to heirlooms, nothing we can do.
To be honest, skill also plays a part in this. If you want to do well in PvP, you will do well with practice, work, and 'at level' gear. You don't need all the super fancy heirlooms to PvP.

I have leveled shaman through PvP with and without them. Sometimes, to better yourself, you need to play without the leg up.

I personally was practicing for endgame though, and I figured if I could hand a heirloom geared hunter their own !@# without the bonuses myself, then I was learning well. You would be really surprised at the amount of people decked out in all the heirloom gear, with no skill. They die fairly easy as long as you have decent 'at level' greens and blues, as well as know how to play your class.

Like I said, if you learn it before the gear, you'll be brutal with the gear.
PvP is very unbalanced until max level. You will be one shotting others, and others will be one shotting you.

It may seem disheartening at times, but if you tough it out and hit 90, everything will balance itself out. Now, at 90 it's not perfect, but any class has the potential to do well in more or less a "fair" environment.

Sub 50 is just a mess. 50-60 has to deal with powerful DK starter sets and blood spec messing everything up, 70 is a pretty solid gauge of how well your class will be (assuming you are decked out in full brutal glad gear before you queue up). 75-80 is a mess primarily because you have people wearing cata greens.
10/03/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Vartrius
PvP is very unbalanced until max level.

unbalanced until max level

until max level

max level
Yes and no, it depends on if the person you're up against is an idiot or just plays an OP class in your bracket. For enh though, normally the answer is no versus casters/hunters.

Anything lower than 75 bracket (which it's unbalanced on it's own due to people using cata equipment at level 78) is unbalanced due to heirlooms, nothing we can do.

I'd agree except in the 70-74 bracket. The pvp gear holds up really well against heirloom geared toons. My lock usually actually has more health than most by 1-2k. Other than that though heirlooms tend to dominate low levels bgs which can be annoying yet a little fun since it's challenging.
10/03/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Velz
PvP is very unbalanced until max level.

unbalanced until max level

until max level

max level

It's a hell of a lot better than 1-85.
My suggestion is try it at each bracket. Some you may have a blast, some you may not.
I dunno how leveling a lowbie is post-Mists but I found the 60 honor gear extremely useful for previous characters in Cata. If you're like me and PvPing through a good chunk of the leveling process, you'll have craptons upon craptons of honor anyways and it's a nice leg up into the next expansion of content if you can afford it.

But -- when I'm leveling a newer character, I dungeon and quest for the first three levels of a bracket and PvP my way out of the last two. Means I have blues to go along with all of that honor.

If it's an upgrade and you're up to your cute fuzzy ears in honor, go ahead and get the upgrades but know you'll be replacing them in a few days. And if you don't already have one, get a PvP trinket. Unfortunately, I've never played a shaman past level 13 and I don't have any lowbies in your level range to duel for practice so I can't offer you too much advice otherwise. :x