Who really killed the Lich King

Moon Guard
And who really talked to Uther in HoR? What airship flew after Deathwing? Things like that. Sylvanas in Wrath was the Horde's Jania for FoS, PoS, and HoR, and ICC (I think, I don't play Horde, I may be wrong) So which is Cannon? Jania or Sylvanas?

More recently I was on the Skyfire, the ship the Alliance used to take down Deathwing/chased him with, and I wondered: "What about the Horde? Did they use our ship? Or did they use their own? And if so, which one really helped with Deathwing"

That question seems more to the Alliance, but for all I know an Orc Peon might be raving about his sky ship that helped kill Deathwing, so what are your thoughts and takes on this?
And who really talked to Uther in HoR? What airship flew after Deathwing? Things like that. Sylvanas in Wrath was the Horde's Jania for FoS, PoS, and HoR, and ICC (I think, I don't play Horde, I may be wrong) So which is Cannon? Jania or Sylvanas?

More recently I was on the Skyfire, the ship the Alliance used to take down Deathwing/chased him with, and I wondered: "What about the Horde? Did they use our ship? Or did they use their own? And if so, which one really helped with Deathwing"

No matter which faction you run DS on, it's always the Horde gunship Deathwing knocks out of the sky and the Skyfire is the ship used to chase him.

As for Uther, a stronger case could be made that it was Jaina who spoke to him. in the Shattering, Jaina knew the truth about Bolvar Fordragon, while in Sylvanas' short story she rages out when she discovers the second lich king atop the Icecrown Citadel.

No matter which faction you run DS on, it's always the Horde gunship Deathwing knocks out of the sky and the Skyfire is the ship used to chase him.

As for Uther, a stronger case could be made that it was Jaina who spoke to him. in the Shattering, Jaina knew the truth about Bolvar Fordragon, while in Sylvanas' short story she rages out when she discovers the second lich king atop the Icecrown Citadel.

Good to know, I don't play Horde at all, no offense to you, so I don't know what happened on their end.
10/05/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Bironside
Good to know, I don't play Horde at all, no offense to you, so I don't know what happened on their end.

No worries. I think the Skyfire had to be used by both factions because the Alliance ship has a much wider deck space that can be used to fight the Warlord. If you tried to fight him on the Horde gunship the deck would rapidly be filled with Goriana's aoes.
There was a warlock story, idk if it's still there, that I think implied that the Alliance defeated Deathwing. Based on the little timeline of patchs Blizz made, both Jaina and Sylvanas made it through ICC. As for who killed him, I think there's a stronger argument for the Alliance (personally I think the Horde should've gotten it, but oh well).
10/05/2012 08:08 AMPosted by Noitora
There was a warlock story, idk if it's still there, that I think implied that the Alliance defeated Deathwing. Based on the little timeline of patchs Blizz made, both Jaina and Sylvanas made it through ICC. As for who killed him, I think there's a stronger argument for the Alliance (personally I think the Horde should've gotten it, but oh well).

Either one could have killed the Lich King, though the Horde did have more drive for it. (Sylvanas, and Tirion Fordring)
10/05/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Bironside

Either one could have killed the Lich King, though the Horde did have more drive for it. (Sylvanas, and Tirion Fordring)

Yes but, there's more support for the Alliance killing him than the Horde. Even Blizz practically said that Wrath was an Alliance expansion. Which is crap. It was neutral. But what can you do?
10/05/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Noitora

Yes but, there's more support for the Alliance killing him than the Horde. Even Blizz practically said that Wrath was an Alliance expansion. Which is crap. It was neutral. But what can you do?

It was Neutral. *nod*
Except it really wasn't.

The whole Alliance ICC run became canon at the point of Deathbringer Saurfang.

I mean, how else are we going to keep the consistency of Horde Airship inadequacy going?
Except it really wasn't.

The whole Alliance ICC run became canon at the point of Deathbringer Saurfang.

I mean, how else are we going to keep the consistency of Horde Airship inadequacy going?

But that implies that Saurfang lost. That his cleave wasn't good enough.
10/05/2012 08:53 AMPosted by Xiaoqing
Isn't the whole "I'm proud of my king" thing canon, after the Airship fight? Since it's ally only, that would make Ally defeating ICC the canon.

Nobody is proud of him, therefore it's not cannon. xD

But really, I have no clue.
Tirion killed the Lich King, along with the greatest champions of the Alliance that he mustered at the Argent Tournament. The Ebon Blade and Argent Crusade are also portrayed fighting within those halls, and the memorial in Dalaran shows both Alliance and Horde soldiers. So, there is a distinct possibility both factions fought alongside Highlord Fordring.
The collective of everyone standing together killed him.

Not just one person...
I agree with regg.

Shattering frostmourne was pretty pro.
i thought this was about who killed the LichKing not Deathwing.So anyways,the answer is Tirion Fordring.he led the asalt on icecrown citedel.he also destroyd the lich kings sword.Ive proven it.but if you are hord and in the fight with the Lich King,Horde stands a better chance.somehow,druids do the most damage in that raid.
So the lich king died,bla bla bla.this whole thing is about the Lich king,but what happend to the scourge?in the halls of reflection,the guy says there must awlways be a lick king.deathwing was the next lich king.but he dident control the scourge.so the new question is...what happend to the scourge?!!!
To make it easy, I simply credit all server firsts/lore kills to Eldanesh.