The new dead zone for monks

Monk
Since you fixed the dead zone for hunters you also invented the new dead zone for monks.. atleast for WW. Any class that now wants to keep away from a WWM just has to stay within 10 yards and the monk will now roll past them and not be within hitting range to start with.. This needs adressed.
10/07/2012 07:06 AMPosted by Platinumx
Since you fixed the dead zone for hunters you also invented the new dead zone for monks.. atleast for WW. Any class that now wants to keep away from a WWM just has to stay within 10 yards and the monk will now roll past them and not be within hitting range to start with.. This needs adressed.

That's not a dead zone. I really get annoyed seeing people throwing around the term "dead zone" when they don't know what it means.

A dead zone was a small, five yard zone where a hunter could literally do nothing. He was too far to melee, and too close to shoot, since melee was from 0-5 yards and range was from 10-40 yards. So, a lot of casters in PVP would freeze/root/stun the hunter there and then just go to town on him and there was nothing he could do.

This is not a dead zone. It's an annoyance, and it's the same with basically all melee classes when their target is out of melee range. Now, granted, I don't PVP on my monk (my monk is only level 30) but if you Roll past the target and they adjust to keep running 10 yards away from you, perhaps Momentum in the first talent tier may be helpful.
10/07/2012 07:06 AMPosted by Platinumx

If they're within 10 yards, then blast them with a Spinning Fire Blossom and be done with it. Or use Deadly Reach/Charging Ox Wave if you're talented towards that. Momentum and Tiger's Lust can also help address this.

It's hardly a deadzone when you have so many tools to close such a trivial gap.
You sound like the kind of person Roll was made for. You know, the kind who will inevitable just roll off a cliff and die?

Kidding aside, it would be nice if we could cancel a roll in progress.
Roll's meant as a closer ( at least that's what i'm assuming). A melee closer only works when it puts you on the target. Roll doesn't do that. Yeah the op didn't word it right, but what he/she meant is pretty obvious.
I understand what you mean and it's really annoying. I have to cc them, run up and hamstring thingie,,,whatever its called...to get them into melee range..otherwise im just dragon kicking rolling around like a tard and always in the wrong direction. But onthe flip side...we're really hard to catch too.
I like how everyone that says lol l2p its you or something to the effect is either a pver not 90 or not even a monk.
10/07/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Augiddin
I like how everyone that says lol l2p its you or something to the effect is either a pver not 90 or not even a monk.

Well, to be fair, the OP is on a Rogue, which means he is not used to actually fighting people, just stun locking them till they die. He now actually has to try, which makes me LOL.
Yea because rogues being op last season means everyone who has ever played one is a fotm rolling awful player right?
I use WSK for a closer and roll for an escape. WSK then apply your slow twice for snare, start building up dmg and fists of fury before snare runs off.
10/07/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Augiddin
Yea because rogues being op last season means everyone who has ever played one is a fotm rolling awful player right?

exactly

now, it is quite a hindrance when lets say, a frost mage constantly slows you at 5 yards away or so.
overroll, get slowed, manage to get to them, get aoe frozen, cleanse freeze and roll> same situation

makes me feel rather kiteable
10/07/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Ophyrs

exactly

now, it is quite a hindrance when lets say, a frost mage constantly slows you at 5 yards away or so.
overroll, get slowed, manage to get to them, get aoe frozen, cleanse freeze and roll> same situation

makes me feel rather kiteable

News flash. Frost mages will always be the bane of melee pvpers. It's the way bliz wants it. They think all melee should have pocket dispels at thier beck and call if they intend to kill a frost mage. Nothing new here.
10/07/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Alibarem
I use WSK for a closer and roll for an escape. WSK then apply your slow twice for snare, start building up dmg and fists of fury before snare runs off.
you don't need to disable twice with the FSK slow to get the root, people need to just stop acting like they know how this class works and basing their balance ideas of hypothetical situations. Oh and snare auto refreshes if you are in 10y of the person.
10/07/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Boottohead

Maybe not FOTM, but they are all just awful players (ezmode stunlocks in PvP and absolutely useless in PvE? Great, thanks, the rest of us are so glad you rolled that rogue and joined the party). That aside, have you talked to them in game? They're the most annoying people. Have you met one IRL? They're so full of pretense that you want to puke - I've never met bigger bottomfeeders.

But on topic to the OP... Have you tried not hitting roll when they're in a spot where you'll overshoot them?
you are an idiot.
10/07/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Mokei
Roll's meant as a closer ( at least that's what i'm assuming). A melee closer only works when it puts you on the target. Roll doesn't do that. Yeah the op didn't word it right, but what he/she meant is pretty obvious.

Roll is more than that. It's also something that can help you get away from your target, or get behind cover quickly. It can also get you through bad spots on the ground, like AoE, quickly and with minimal damage.

It can be used as a closer, but in reality there are other abilities designed for that specific purpose. The Wind Walker's Serpent Kick and the Brewmaster's Clash, specifically.

You'll also notice that Mistweaver's don't get an equivalent to these abilities. That's because Blizzard specifically didn't want them to get a closer...because they can function just fine at range.
10/07/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Draile

Roll is more than that. It's also something that can help you get away from your target, or get behind cover quickly. It can also get you through bad spots on the ground, like AoE, quickly and with minimal damage.

It can be used as a closer, but in reality there are other abilities designed for that specific purpose. The Wind Walker's Serpent Kick and the Brewmaster's Clash, specifically.

You'll also notice that Mistweaver's don't get an equivalent to these abilities. That's because Blizzard specifically didn't want them to get a closer...because they can function just fine at range.

Yes roll can be used for alot of things, but if you're trying to keep your target from kiting you, then roll is your primary closer. FSK, it's way too hampered by latency, you can use it, drop right beside the target, but if they're moving there's a good chance that it won't hit them.
You can roll out of Ring of Frost without triggering the effect. Same with FSK.
10/08/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Microwaves
You can roll out of Ring of Frost without triggering the effect. Same with FSK.

that pwns.
If you jump and roll in mid air you can cut a lot of the distance off for a short range roll.