is MoP going to be all dailies?

General Discussion
Honestly i'd like some insight from a blue on this one.. because if it is.. it truly may be time for a new game for me at least until this changes.

WoW has always been my favourite time sink, my proffered method of vegging. Despising dailies as i do, i find have so extremely little to do end game in terms of character development. I can't farm VP and alts are extremely unattractive with the current system. LFR will give me a couple hours of gameplay once it hits, outside of that i'm waiting on my guild to begin raids, which is again, a couple hours of gameplay, that i can't even properly gear for without dailies.

And i'm sure some will jump in with "you don't need raid level gear unless you're a scrub!", to which i say sure, but we all seem to try to acquire it don't we.

Blues seem to be more concerned about reducing the number of dailies for alts, but not giving alternatives. The grind is forced and cannot be reasonably avoided. From what i understand the ilvl for LFR will be 463, which means you can't even use JP gear. This -requires- that you fill every slot with a heroic piece. On my main, i've done that. My main has tank queue's so it was alot less than challenging. To do that on a dps class though, with 30 minute queues.. no..

I also understand they want players in the world.. wasn't CRZ the solution there? or did i miss something? Because it seems every zone has quite a few players now, and once that extends to pandaria.. i'm expecting that to be a horrid experience.

Another point i've mentioned in many threads now.. why are we given VP for heroics if we can't spend them with heroics? If they're a daily reward, then make them just that. There's not a thing i can do with them as it stands.

Anyways, i'd love to see a blue post either confirming or denying that they're working on alternatives to dailies, as i really feel like i'm smashing my face against a wall at 90.
People Love to repeat the same actions over and over. I'm sure dailies after dailies will surely help insure the Longevity of this game.

What could go wrong??
I haven't figured out yet precisely how much time you have to minimally spend on dailies.

The only ones that are mandatory for everyone are the ones that open up VP pieces. You only have to go to revered, and you only have to open them quickly enough to spend your VP. Four of the VP items have been moved from revered to honored, and if you fill revered gear slots with raid drops for a faction other than Golden Lotus before you get revered, you don't have to get revered with that faction.

Right now, we're doing Klaxxi and Golden Lotus concurrently. Klaxxi should hit revered before Golden Lotus, at which point you can stop Klaxxi. When you hit revered Golden Lotus, you can stop, but then a couple others open. Shadow-pan and Celestials I think.

Just doing Klaxxi and Golden Lotus doesn't actually take that long, and I think you could get by with not doing them every day, since you can only accumulate 1000 VP / week, and so far at least, it looks like I'm unlocking rep vendors faster than I can earn the VP to spend.

For example, I've already spent 1250 VP on the Klaxxi neck, there's the Golden Lotus ring I don't have enough for yet, and I should have Klaxxi revered mid next week, which opens almost 4 weeks worth of VP gear I can buy with them. I've basically covered myself for up to 5 weeks worth of VP by doing about a week's worth of dailies.

The point is, the amount of dailies is intimidating, and we're not used to having to unlock VP vendors, but if you focus purely on performing the minimal amount of dailies, it may not be as bad as it seems.
I haven't figured out yet precisely how much time you have to minimally spend on dailies.

The only ones that are mandatory for everyone are the ones that open up VP pieces. You only have to go to revered, and you only have to open them quickly enough to spend your VP. Four of the VP items have been moved from revered to honored, and if you fill revered gear slots with raid drops for a faction other than Golden Lotus before you get revered, you don't have to get revered with that faction.

Right now, we're doing Klaxxi and Golden Lotus concurrently. Klaxxi should hit revered before Golden Lotus, at which point you can stop Klaxxi. When you hit revered Golden Lotus, you can stop, but then a couple others open. Shadow-pan and Celestials I think.

Just doing Klaxxi and Golden Lotus doesn't actually take that long, and I think you could get by with not doing them every day, since you can only accumulate 1000 VP / week, and so far at least, it looks like I'm unlocking rep vendors faster than I can earn the VP to spend.

For example, I've already spent 1250 VP on the Klaxxi neck, there's the Golden Lotus ring I don't have enough for yet, and I should have Klaxxi revered mid next week, which opens almost 4 weeks worth of VP gear I can buy with them. I've basically covered myself for up to 5 weeks worth of VP by doing about a week's worth of dailies.

The point is, the amount of dailies is intimidating, and we're not used to having to unlock VP vendors, but if you focus purely on performing the minimal amount of dailies, it may not be as bad as it seems.

I agree with you.. it's intimidating without a doubt and the honored pieces make it easier, or at least make the vp spendable.. but those are only 4 pieces, and two of which are chain reps, i can't even work on those until revered with golden lotus. So it's not so much that the intimidation is without warrant.. you have "easy" access to two vp pieces.. the rest you're looking at the weeks upon weeks of dailies.

Sadly, this has never been my play method, and i have no intention of making it so.. Blizzard has changed the rules and i'm rejecting the new ones =/
10/08/2012 02:25 AMPosted by Kragarn
People Love to repeat the same actions over and over.?

You mean like raiders and those using LFD all day?

Those are group events, bring the mmo aspect to mmo's. They are by definition, what an MMO is.

Dailies are not.
10/08/2012 03:06 AMPosted by Fist

You mean like raiders and those using LFD all day?

Those are group events, bring the mmo aspect to mmo's. They are by definition, what an MMO is.

Dailies are not.

So what were you doing near the middle or end of Cata?

Dailies are not.

So what were you doing near the middle or end of Cata?

If you're referring to fire lands dailies at the middle, i didn't do them, the item level was lower than the VP gear, they were optional pieces, which was fine, even of they were equal ilvl, it would of been fine. I still had access to a fair amount of gear through VP.

End of cata, no dailies at all, i was raiding DS on several toons with my guild and friends. Gaining VP from boss kills and heroics with friends alts, to fill my own off pieces or buy boe's for alts.

I had options. Now i have none.

-edit- also, don't get me wrong.. i think the daily option for epics is a -great- option for those that can't raid, or spend time doing heroics to get the vp. I think it truly benefits those people, however. For those us who do raid, who do enjoy heroics, who do play with friends. Dailies shouldn't be forced down our throats.