Blingtron 4000

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 12 Next
As an engineer myself, I usually pop one in Orgrimmar in the Valley of Honor once per evening. I've developed a bit of a following as a result on my server, The Forgotton Coast, commonly referred to as the "Bling Thing Guy." LOL.

Typically, I'll announce it in trade chat about 5 minutes before I drop him, so people have a chance to get there from where ever they are, tell their guildies, etc.

Then, when they're all there, I drop the blingtron, call them all mooches, and log my alts for free swag.

It's great fun.
Yeah, i tend to do the same and drop them in public a couple of times a day rather than just keeping it to myself or my guild.

Afterall wouldn't it be cool if the item came with an undocumented feature of: For every quest your bling hands out to others, the engineers chance on the mount gradually increases (ie. perfect way of rewarding kindness).
I think the Blingtron is one of the cutest things in this expansion (next to the pandaren sprite-elementals). His textures are the best, and I love getting the Landsharks from him. :D
I also love anybody who puts them down in places like the the new 'capital's in VoEB and Halfhill.

So.. it has a chance of giving the mount just to the engineer who drops the blingtron? I'm still confused about that part.

Oh well, Landsharks are cooler anyways. :D
I got a monocle from a Blingtron... can't transmog it, but it was a happy day.
You are perceptive. There is a very small non-zero chance for a mount or pet from the Blingtron 4000 Gift Package.

AHHHHHHHHH

CONFIRMATION

That is definitely awesome.
10/26/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Rygarius
{◕ ◡ ◕}

If I see a blizzard employee do this one more time, I quit.
first time i got the steamy romance novel
second time i got an oily glove

i wonder what that robot is up to...

Well he does have a great big grin!
Public Service Announcement!

You should not drink robots. Robot Brew
10/26/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Invincible
{◕ ◡ ◕}

If I see a blizzard employee do this one more time, I quit.

https://twitter.com/ShaofHappiness
Since bling can give out rhinestone sunglasses has anyone (hopefully with proof) ever received the High Society Top Hat from the blingtron gifts?

Only one person claims to have gotten one on wowhead, while multiple people have received the Rhinestone Sunglasses
10/26/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Baneusprime
https://twitter.com/ShaofHappiness

I'm totes following the Sha. So happy! {◕ ◡ ◕}

Since bling can give out rhinestone sunglasses has anyone (hopefully with proof) ever received the High Society Top Hat from the blingtron gifts?

Oh my, I hope so. My glasses were produced from the blingtron, but I've not yet seen the top hap.
Seen some people drop the Blingtron right where the farm phasing begins in Halfhill. Kind of amusing watching people try to get it.
I wish more people dropped Bling in old world areas, us low levels need bling too! Or maybe just like real life, when the parade goes by, i am out for a beer.....
Mr. Blingtron has leveled up several of my alts those last 10-15 levels in their respective professions, courtesy of Fire Spirits. I make sure to thank him when those drop.
I posted in a thread that was 404ed and it ended up here.... Ok..
10/26/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Rygarius
{◕ ◡ ◕}

YOU! WHAT HAVE YOU.....

{◕ ◡ ◕}