How to play spriest in 2s?

Priest
I do fairly well in bgs when you dont get tunneled to death, but in arenas (mainly 2s), I'm just useless. Melee sit on me and range outburst me. Maybe because Im new to playing a range. So how do you play a range with all the los and interrupts and getting tunneled. Example, if a melee sit on you, do you try to run or just fake cast and cast on him.

Thanks
You don't anymore unless you're playing with a healer, and even then it's going to be hard.

SPriest damage takes way too long to line up right now. There's no on demand burst with Angel being removed. With all the burst other classes are bringing to the table, Shadow has no place in 2s.
10/09/2012 04:59 AMPosted by Efx
Shadow has no place in 2s.

lawl. you're silly, and bad if you can't kill people in pvp with shadow.

los isn't a huge issue for spriests, a good chuck of our dmg is dots, which still hit them when their out of our los.

the survivability, dots, burst and insane utility a spriest can bring to the table, they are quite good for pvp.
you are not even lvl 90 yet, how can you judge this?
You can pvp below lvl 90...

granted I can't say much as to 2v2s specifically. But I almost entirely pvp on my preist. To say that have nothing to bring pvp wise is silly.

granted I can't say much as to 2v2s specifically. But I almost entirely pvp on my preist. To say that have nothing to bring pvp wise is silly.

Wait till you're 90 and get stunlocked to death by a warrior in 5 seconds.

This. Or killed by hunter pets in 3 sec while LOSing the hunter.
spriest is most viable in 2s, you simply need to run with the correct partner class.

You are not a plate wearing machismo muscle man of doom, who can merely pop every cd in the book and 100-0 someone in 2 seconds. You need to play defensively and los, use defensive cds and not stand in the open against two melee with their cd's up.

Anyways, try running with a healer of some sort if you need more practice. A healer will slow the game down and allow you to get better at playing shadow.

If you've mastered the healer arts, run with a frost mage. The synergy is incredible and you will absolutely destroy people.

Also, don't be a noob and forget things like PW:S, renew, prom, etc. Don't be afraid to drop sform and heal, and remember you have a disarm so use it when they burst on you.
Everything Saicy has said is good advice, also remember 2's are inherently not balanced that well, some days you will play comps that are very hard and some days you will steam roll, so don't get discouraged if you're just starting out.
A spriest has to run with a teammate that can peel a LOT. What you're feeling is right, no, you cannot get a good war off of you. If you do your cds just right, and he does his just right, he will win, but luckily arena isn't 1v1.

That's why a frost mage is such a good choice, he can take a lot of the burden off of you with that war who just won't stop.

The thing I don't like about running w/ a healer, is if you come across something like BM hunter/war, you can't be healed through that, there really isn't much of anything at all you can do.
Thanks for all the advice. Will try to adapt I guess instead of going back to leveling which I despise very much.
10/09/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Hexxin

That happens below level 90 too. It's quite annoying.
Blah. Nothing wrong with Spriests in 2's. Last season it was terrible. This season, we have ample tools to survive enemy burst while sustaining damage.

It's all about not taking dmg and keeping your shield & Heals up. Also, don't forget your best friend in 2's....Void Shift. It can instantly change the outlook of a fight.

If you're struggling in 2's it's not because of the class. It's simply because, to put it politely, you're just not playing the class well enough and not managing your CD's well enough. The biggest mistake I see Spriests make is that they wait far too long to pop Dispersion or Psyfiend.

And to those who say we have no burst.....LOL.....Multi dot both targets and watch the MB/MS procs go off like the 4th of July.
Run with a Rshams or Monk healer gg

This. Or killed by hunter pets in 3 sec while LOSing the hunter.

Rofl so true, i was playing some 2v2 with a Gladiator Mage, and he couldnt do anything to help me as i got Solo'd 100% - DEAD from hunter pets alone behind a pillar DURING dispersion.

gg pets
I havent gotten into the groove of SPriest arena play yet, but here are a few points of advice I can offer:

Learn to use Fade and Spectral Guise well.
- Spectral guise lets you position and will get the enemy players to waste cooldowns sometimes
- Fade (talented for Phantasm) is absolutely amazing. You can pop it at key moments to avoid most cc. You can use it to prevent a warrior from charging you.

Bind void shift and make sure you never die without having used it (you can target your fiend or tendrils). It is also an amazing way to save your partner.

Shadowpriests are a different animal now in the sense that our DPS setup changed, but we gained a lot of offhealing ability so be sure to use it. Some fights you will be popping out of shadowform often to heal yourself or your partner.

Make sure you are glyphed and talented properly:

-Void Tendrils are a must for arenas
-Phantasm is a must for arenas
-Spectral Guise is a must for arenas
-I highly recommend both talents that proc instant mind spikes and mind blasts as they synergize with your mastery and haste very well and are pretty much the best way to build up shadow orbs and pump out damage
-Glyph of Mindblast and Mindspike seem like good choices. The third major can vary a bit (Mass Dispel, SW:D or Healing)

Be sure you are prioritizing stats correctly:

1. PvP Power
2. PvP Resilience
3. Intellect
4. Haste (to a certain point)
5. Mastery
6. Crit
I played with another Spriest last night, and I must say we did damn well. My partner didn't have much pvp gear but we were tearing it up.

We beat a plenty of BM Hunter teams and Warr teams, although I will admit had trouble blasting through second wind. Try it out, lots of control, dot pressure, and burst.
I played with another Spriest last night, and I must say we did damn well. My partner didn't have much pvp gear but we were tearing it up.

We beat a plenty of BM Hunter teams and Warr teams, although I will admit had trouble blasting through second wind. Try it out, lots of control, dot pressure, and burst.

U guys are 9-11 at a low mmr, i wouldnt be able to call it "tearing up"...not even close. sorry.

If you're struggling in 2's it's not because of the class. It's simply because, to put it politely, you're just not playing the class well enough and not managing your CD's well enough. The biggest mistake I see Spriests make is that they wait far too long to pop Dispersion or Psyfiend.

Another priest talking out their...

You have never reached 1800.

You havent played zero arenas this season.

Another priest talking out their...

You have never reached 1800.

You havent played 1 arena this season.

Gotta be careful there. Knowledge and skill are not necessarily inclusive of eachother. Someone can only read pvp threads, never have played the arena, and give competent advice.