Ox Deck Issue w/No Notification of Change

General Discussion
RE: Ox Deck Relic of Niuzao

You can hide behind the ToS, but that does not excuse the fact that no timely notice was posted here in the forums regarding the hotfix. And why was it not done during maintenance today, instead, sometime on a Monday afternoon, the day before said maintenance?

It allows me & many other who were selling the decks for little gold as targets for easy exploitation. None of us that are affected were given an acceptable amount of time to make an educated decision on whether to sell, keep, or at LEAST pull the item from the AH in order to re-sell for it's fair market value.

It still does not show the stam stat on Wowhead:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=79329/relic-of-niuzao

As paying clients, and knowing perfectly well that this issue was present in the beta testing, and the trinket was without stamina for many months now, we deserve better than to have someone take advantage of us b/c Blizzard decided to make a HUGE change on a whim, with complete and utter disregard for how it will affect players who own or are selling parts of the deck.

It is as though no one has taken anything from the past into consideration, and learned from previous mistakes. How is it possible that something like this happens?

Is this what your paying, playing, and hard working customers deserve? To be ripped off, and told nothing about it until it's too late?

All I am asking for is a common courtesy to post a blue that "... in 1 weeks time or 2 weeks time, said changes would be made, take said adjustments into consideration."

I literally cannot believe that you would treat your clients this way. There is no excuse. There are only 4 trinkets in the new DMC. Why would you not disclose this in a professional matter knowing it potentially will affect so many people?
What did they do to it?
so you lost some money on the ah. you will live.
They hotfixed the deck midway through yesterday without notification. I was midraid on my DK when I heard about it. That was a few hours after one of my Oxen cards sold for 600 gold
they added pasv stamina too it and made it a usable tanking trink. But making said changes SHOULD have been done in beta. That is what beta is for. It's like this trink slipped through the cracks and some guy caught it real late and made the changes on the fly lol.

Either way we're out a trink for a tank, and no one seems to care. The general consensus was the trink was no good and it was for ilvl and some dodge, but nothing worth using too far in.
Ya and resold for 60,000 gold. We got ruined here. I would rather have just kept it for my dk, or bear.

10/09/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Byrthor
They hotfixed the deck midway through yesterday without notification. I was midraid on my DK when I heard about it. That was a few hours after one of my Oxen cards sold for 600 gold
10/09/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Kallous
Is this what your paying, playing, and hard working customers deserve? To be ripped off, and told nothing about it until it's too late?

I feel for you, but it's pixel money, man. Take a deep breath. You suffered no real harm. Had they given any kind of advance notice, there would have been people complaining about the market from another standpoint (like the people who bought them complaining it's too expensive, perhaps).

I agree, though, that there seems to be a lack of learning from the past. Remember when Cata launched and the alchemist stone was only available as a tanking trinket?
So lets get this straight you are mad that you couldn't gouge even more per card for this trinket because people were not as interested due to the lack of a prime stat? Blizzard realized this error and corrected it adding in a permanent 1484 stam to the trinket, albeit rather slowly if it was truly presented to them in Beta.

QQ more please....
Man guys I totally understand that, it's just that it takes so long to farm mats to make gold to buy items we need to raid. And during this transition, everything is so expensive that it is difficult to keep up. I don't make a career in wow of making gold. So something like this is important b/c it would either cost me to make it to equip, or to make the mats to sell.

Either way, we're talking about a few lines of text giving ppl due notice, and an opportunity to make an in game decision b/c the item has changed (ie, the stats have changed and it is now a viable usable item.)

I feel for you, but it's pixel money, man. Take a deep breath. You suffered no real harm. Had they given any kind of advance notice, there would have been people complaining about the market from another standpoint (like the people who bought them complaining it's too expensive, perhaps).

I agree, though, that there seems to be a lack of learning from the past. Remember when Cata launched and the alchemist stone was only available as a tanking trinket?
So lets get this straight you are mad that you couldn't gouge even more per card for this trinket because people were not as interested due to the lack of a prime stat? Blizzard realized this error and corrected it adding in a permanent 1484 stam to the trinket, albeit rather slowly if it was truly presented to them in Beta.

QQ more please....

Are you serious? I'm only asking that we be given timely information to make a choice. Some people refer to that as disclosure. There is a lot in involved in the process. You should read about it sometime.
It was obvious that it was an oversight that the stamina was left off. I refused to sell my ox cards low knowing it would be balanced later....and now my patience has paid off. Kudos to the people who were buying up ox cards at bargain prices..they never dipped below 3k on my server.
Well, what you construe as obvious is what hasn't been mentioned AT ALL in months of time since the beta when ppl started to notice this. Kudos to guys like you who ripped us off b/c blizzard can't provide notification. And what may seem obvious to you is mere assumption b/c it was already stated in other thread that no other pasv stat tank trinks have come out since lich for dmc. So I guess you got screwed then and are happy now? Nice vindication you have there. Some ppl have ethics.
Nothing is going to happen, refunds/cards will not be reimbursed.

Anything in this game can be changed upon Blizzard's discretion, regardless of notification.

See: Dreadful PvP Gear
See: JP/VP Gear.

This is a losing battle, no point in trying to fight it.
Even if you didn't realize that it might be fixed later, isn't it kind of pointless to cry over spilled milk now? Make another deck. If you don't have time to farm all those mats, maybe you can decide whether or not it would be cost effective for you to buy them instead. How much are they selling for?

Personally, I'd just get over it.
k well maybe some of the weaker minded ppl here accept being bullied in this manner base on previous lost battles, but that doesnt mean you stop defending what is right.

There is nothing silly about this. Get your head out from where ever it is.

Wrong is wrong. Why bother posting any hotfix info? Who cares, right?

Oh wait, you do when it happens to you.
k well maybe some of the weaker minded ppl here accept being bullied in this manner base on previous lost battles, but that doesnt mean you stop defending what is right.

There is nothing silly about this. Get your head out from where ever it is.

Wrong is wrong. Why bother posting any hotfix info? Who cares, right?

Oh wait, you do when it happens to you.

Did you not see the forums when PvP gear was changed?

People were just as upset as you were. Yes, information would have been nice before-hand, but Blizzard isn't required to tell the player base of any changes they see fit.

Its understandable to be upset, and it sucks that the only thing you can do about it just accept it as what it is.

There is NOTHING we can do about it.
the complaint is that "I didn't get to gouge everyone on the ox cards like I am on the other 3 decks...and now the guys who bought my cards are doing the gouging"

Again, its all a matter of common sense when you looked at the stats of all 4 decks..they are ALWAYS balanced all the way back to the first decks..might take a bit for feedback to come in to get there

I only had 3 ox cards and they all sold around 5k ea so I was happy. You now have the rest of this DMF, and the next 30 days to make more cards to make decks...if nothing else, the Ox deck will be in MUCH higher demand now, so you will get your premium next month. Don't be so impatient next time
They don't have to tell you squat. That's part of the deal. You pay $15 a month to play on their servers, they tweak the servers any way they like. If at any time you don't like the service you are being giving, you can opt to not pay them, and thus stop using their product. No where do they have to tell you of a change to an item, skill, class, landmass, anything. They even warn you about that in the rules.
It's not like it's even that great for most tanks.