BM vs. the remainder of the class

Hunter
So I was doing some 2v2 today as MM, to see how it would work out. It seemed to be lacking vastly compared to BM (simply could not do enough damage). So I'm wondering, what are y'alls thoughts on the role of hunters in arenas this season? Are we going to just be burst crazy BM, or will SV and MM be viable in any avenue of arenas?

I know that no one is fully geared yet, and that MM's damage relies heavily on the weapon's damage for Chimera Shot, but does anyone feel that when they get the conquest points bow/gun it will be enough to compensate?

I don't know about everyone else, but I remember when Blizzard stated that they did not want to force a class into playing one spec above all the rest. Do you feel forced to play BM? I do.
I think we're fine for pvp, its pve where all 3 specializations have a problem.

I feel like I'm being 'forced' into BM (not completely true because I love BM) because I'm not as focus starved.
Praying for a hot fix buff to MM damage.
Ok, I'm glad at 83 you're able to tell me that we're fine for pvp. TBH I'll still play MM more, just because I love the play style. But the simple fact that you've never stepped into an arena on that toon at least, Towpok, I'll have to take your perspective with a grain of salt.

This is just a simple comparison of BM vs. MM (Survival not included, because I do not currently have a SV spec).

BM damage; 45k (burst dps), with 35k (sustained damage). 5 test at 30 seconds. Enough for a full bestial wrath and for other procs.

MM damage; 32k (burst dps), 29k (sustained damage) 5 test at 30 seconds. Enough for Murder of Crows to be applied and to run it's full duration.

I don't know about the experience of anyone else, but burst plays a large role in kills for arenas (along with setting up cc chains, positioning, and communication). But the fact remains that MM falls behind BM vastly (13k burst dps). Now people can criticize my gear atm; state that for MM hunters, "mastery is not a beneficial stat, and that my gear is not fully enhanced. I still say that that difference in burst damage is a bit overwhelming, especially since BM currently has more utility than MM. It has a stun on top of everything else that was once available to only MM.

But then again there's plenty of arguments out there. What I'm wanting is constructive feedback and any ideas on the future of our class as a whole (since Blizzard themselves usually defines us by one spec when they talk about us).
I've seen a few people post something along the lines of "PvE and PvP damage isn't similar at all," but honestly the complete lack of damage MM has makes the spec provide basically zero threat to any team.

We'll see how it all plays out, but an aimed/chimera double crit takes nearly all your focus (or half, I guess if you use the instant proc) and does an amount of damage that healers can recover from on accident.

That's not very good.
BMs have always been about burst. When it comes to that we always beat Surivival and Marksman. This time, however, we actually got the only reason why Marksman was ever better in pvp than Beastmaster.

Silencing Shot and Readiness. Now that you don't have that over us there's really no reason for you to be there since not only do we have your tools now but it's on top of our burst which was always good. A damage buff for you guys may be needed since Beastmaster isn't broken, it's just that your spec needs compensation now for shareng the only things that you had over the other specs.

Oh, and we got Mark of Death too as a Glyph.
Have any of our top rated hunters posted specific possibilities as to how to modify the other two specs to make them more viable? If so, can you please link their posts. I don't really have the time to sift through all of these threads. And I'm wanting to know what others think can be done to supplement for the slack of the other two specs.
I'm hoping MM will be gear dependent and stuffz.
You have a green bow, and barely any epics.
Can't say what the damage difference is until you get geared out.
From what I'm seeing, MM has decent burst at 90. Not as strong as BM w/ TBW, LR, KC, AS spam, but any person knows how to counter those. I prefer Blink Strike over MoC as MM since It helps keep my pet on target so they can't escape, and an Aimed Shot > Blink strike does a huge surprise burst out of stealth. MM will be, and has always been gear dependent, and when hunters get the new honor/conquest bows, you'll notice the huge numbers that can be achieved.
Don't you all think MMs Aimed Shot should proc more often?

Perhaps every 2 SShots it should proc. Aimed shot is our bread and butter and very rarely can we use it in PVP since we are always on the move.
Every expansion changes the "best" spec. Like BC, its BM again. It may change with content patches in the future
Like Eponine said we are great for burst. But it is difficult to put any amount of pressure on a healer right now, It is enough of a problem that in some cases hybrid healers can survive our very small and limited window of burst
Even if they equalize DPS for MM and BM, BM is still the way to go. There's just so much utility in that spec (Brez, Hero, bunch of buffs, etc.) that just makes it really good for pve and pvp.

I dislike BM, but the utility from it just out-weighs my dislikes. If they put some of the utility involved in BM into the other specs, then it might be a little more viable. Or maybe buff Surv/MM to have more dmg than BM (5-10k more) to validate those specs.
Don't you all think MMs Aimed Shot should proc more often?

Perhaps every 2 SShots it should proc. Aimed shot is our bread and butter and very rarely can we use it in PVP since we are always on the move.

Considering in Cata, Master Marksman gave SS a 20% chance to give 1 out of 5 stacks needed for a free Aimed Shot, and now It's a 50% chance @ 3 stacks, ALONG with the fact that hunters are passively casting SS to keep up the Haste buff, It's fine exactly how it is, and not too OP.
Even if they equalize DPS for MM and BM, BM is still the way to go. There's just so much utility in that spec (Brez, Hero, bunch of buffs, etc.) that just makes it really good for pve and pvp.

I dislike BM, but the utility from it just out-weighs my dislikes. If they put some of the utility involved in BM into the other specs, then it might be a little more viable. Or maybe buff Surv/MM to have more dmg than BM (5-10k more) to validate those specs.

Have to agree. I love my quillian pet with its ability to battle res, if needed (or just post wipe res, since I have gone guildless and dont have mass res) or heroism from my corehound and such
Niviana I was able to get some kills in arenas and bgs this past week with more work than I'm used to. Yes, BM damage is a bit bursty at the moment, but never was able to kill many solid players that knew to use damage reduce CDs. Overall I feel hunters can't put out solid damage pressure.