Warrior burst

Arenas

This happened. Colossus Smash for 100k crit? 68k white crit? Did he have both trinkets + Reck + Berserker buff + avatar + pots + flasks + some other retarded buff + stars align + full epic pvp gear + you naked?

My colussus smash doesn't crit for 100k against a level 85 dummy let alone in pvp with 40% base reduction and other !@#$. Make your story at least believable before screaming for nerfs.

Not to mention heroic strike hitting for that much less and barely above white damage.

If you provide a screeny i'll withdraw my statement but atm seems way too full of %^-* to be given any credit whatsoever.

HOWEVER I do think warrior burst is completely out of line atm and our sustained mediocre at best. Please bring them more in tune and it will make things a lot better. There are also a bunch of other retarded things in pvp atm that I think need fixing but that's for another thread.

err i provided a screeny and you can armory the war, he doesn't have epics... and i am not completely nakid either~

I wish you were? :o
How is a warrior complaining about a shadow priest? We have no mobility and everything we have has a cast time, except for SW:P. Now I'm not going to say that Shadow Priests are weak, but I really think they're nowhere near as powerful as Mages, Warriors, and Death Knights.
err i provided a screeny and you can armory the war, he doesn't have epics... and i am not completely nakid either~

even if we are twins cutie
Haha it makes me happy to see my name popping up in this forum as globaling someone in a Shockwave. Listen I'll be the first to admit that warrior damage at least feels high. HOWEVER, you have to take into consideration that overall gear of people is EXCESSIVELY low right now. People are gonna take a lot of damage especially from someone like me that's in full dreadful already. I'm highly curious to see just how effective our burst is really going to be once everyone is in full arena gear....Course...my damage is gonna be even higher as well. >=) Fear me mages.

I figured I should come back and make a secondary post to my previous statement. The mage that is showing you my damage was blown up in a WSG while I was farming pvp gear. I had kings, might, all my cd's (Trinket, reck, deadly, Avatar, Skull banner) AND I had the zerker buff from the bg itself. I intentionally get that buff at the start of the BG and kill as many people as I can that choose not to dismount. Those numbers are NOT rare. I do them every game, multiple times, to multiple people.
Even with zerking that damage is pretty insane, you didn't even have time to get a mortal strike on me before I died

Admittedly I did get caught in a silly spot, facing up against the wall so I couldn't blink the stun, but I'm really not liking the level of burst some classes are showing, my own included
10/03/2012 01:05 AMPosted by Sramton
HOWEVER, you have to take into consideration that overall gear of people is EXCESSIVELY low right now

No thats a load of crap because as our damage goes up, so does yours. As our resil goes up, so does yours.

I'm highly curious to see just how effective our burst is really going to be once everyone is in full arena gear

It's gonna be good as hell. Quit being modest :D.

had kings, might, all my cd's (Trinket, reck, deadly, Avatar, Skull banner) AND I had the zerker buff from the bg itself.

I still don't get how this justifys 100%ing people.
My solution would be to take shockwave away from arms and heroic leap. Then you guys can do w/e the hell you want.
Quick scan of this thread reveals noone addressing the ridiculous amount of control warriors have against casters right now.

Stun stun silence stun silence fear silence.

The also can out damage power infused flash heal spam but I think that's a disc issue, not a warrior issue.
Hopefully blizzard will just nerf dragon roar and not see it as an reason to completely gut the class. Sure warrior burst is high but they can only do it once every five minutes. What they need to do is nerf the burst and buff the sustained.
Way to early to tell. Once everyone is sitting in conquest gear and epic weapons, the face of the game will be very, very different. The biggest issue with any burst class has always been that if you don't kill a target during that burst, that you are pretty much rendered useless until that cool-down is back up. When I first started pvp'ing on my warlock, a warrior to me was an unshakable damage. You simply couldn't get away from them. With MS, it meant your healer would eventually oom, and that was game. In cata, that definitely changed.

For now, my biggest worry is the trade off of shockwave and bladestorm, but I'll be focusing on my mage first this expansion.
Time to find me a warrior for 3s
second wind has warriors up to about 30% of an actual healers total numbers in some of the bgs I have seen.... self heals for dps classes need to be toned down.
Everyone is globaling everyone right now. Resil levels are pretty low right now.

10/03/2012 06:50 AMPosted by Carrollus
second wind has warriors up to about 30% of an actual healers total numbers in some of the bgs I have seen.... self heals for dps classes need to be toned down.

Yeah, warriors need to be a free kill again like in cata, amirite?
10/03/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Arrienne

even if we are twins cutie

tahts even better! :3
Everyone is globaling everyone right now. Resil levels are pretty low right now.

Yeah, warriors need to be a free kill again like in cata, amirite?

They don't need to be a "free kill," but completely mindless, effortless passive healing to that degree is absurd and you know it.
Warrior burst with cd's right now is pretty insane and definitely to strong.

That said, without second wind, or without those cds, warriors would be soooooooooooooooo bad. They are heavily reliant on both at the moment.

Im all for them toning down the burst, but I expect pretty gifts in other places.