Burrow not 'unattackable'?

Pet Battles
i believe that when Burrow is used (and the underground graphic is present suggesting pet is 'burrowed') that all attacks should miss the pet, since it says this should result in the pet being 'unattackable' for 1 round...

my experience, however, is that i see burrowed pets take damage all the time, possibly as much as if the 'unattackable' aspect is ignored...

anyone else seen this?
My experience with this is that if your guy is burrowed he is generally immune to attack. However, if both pets are submerged, they seem to still be able to attack each other.

Assume that PlayerA's pet has the higher speed. The way I've seen this happen is;
  • Turn 1A: PlayerA burrows.
  • Turn 1B: Player B burrows.
  • Turn 2A: PetA un-burrows to executes its attack on burrowed PetB. Attack damages.
  • Turn 2B: PetB executes attack on exposed PetA. Attack damages.

It seems to me that the way this should work is:
  • Turn 1A: PlayerA burrows.
  • Turn 1B: Player B burrows.
  • Turn 2A: PetA un-burrows to executes its attack on burrowed PetB. Attack misses.
  • Turn 2B: PetB executes attack on exposed PetA. Attack damages.

This may be intentional, however. In the latter situation - the one that seems like it should be correct - PetB has a lower speed, but would be the only one able to attack, essentially rewarding the slower pet for being, well, slower, and being the second one to get into the ground.

It could be that Blizz decided to allow the buffs to cancel each other out so that the faster pet isn't penalized, since normally when a pet is burrowed and you have the faster pet, you're given the opportunity to execute a different move while the pet is burrowed.

Obviously that's speculation, but it's the best I can do. =)
Also, DoT effects still affect targets that are burrowed. Now, the Clockwork Gnome's Turrets also affect burrowed pets, which is odd, but they may be considered as DoT effects.
10/03/2012 06:13 AMPosted by Aieny
but they may be considered as DoT effects

They are.
hi Rescind,

thanks for reply!

indeed... i also figure the burrow vs. burrow is the exception (both underground), and i've seen that too... but at least yesterday i was getting burrowed pets still vulnerable to attacks from non-burrowed pets....

so far today i have yet to see burrow 'mess up'... so maybe they fixed it... i will keep checking... :)
I'm having the same issue, and not just with other burrowed/dived pets. I had my snail dived and Ragnaros/Monk is still coming up and smacking his face off.
It's a glitch, if it says unattackable you should be unattackable.

I can confirm glitch for snake burrow, minfernal lift-off and otter dive on the basis that I have used them against the same pets and had constant misses while submerged etc except in the rare instance where for some reason I get hit and gimped.
There is a bug with liftoff where the pets don't lift off and can be hit. I wouldn't be surprised if the same bug afflicts burrow. There is also at least one attack (Quake) that specifically says it hits pets that are burrowed.

This may be intentional, however. In the latter situation - the one that seems like it should be correct - PetB has a lower speed, but would be the only one able to attack, essentially rewarding the slower pet for being, well, slower, and being the second one to get into the ground. ...

With Lift-Off, if two pets do it at the same time, only the slower pet will hit. It seems like Burrow should behave the same. And yes, this is one of the (very rare) instances where pets are rewarded for being slower. Even so, the slower pet must predict when the faster one will use Lift-Off. If he predicts wrong, then the fast pet can just use Lift-Off at the beginning of the next turn and the roles will be reversed.

Also, my Dusk Spiderling's Poison Spit works on burrowed/flying creatures. I probably shouldn't be bringing attention to that, though...
I have also had occassions where the ability Coccoon Strike doesn't actually coccoon the pet and prevent damage (increases block chance to 100%).
I am seeing weird behaviour with proto-strike type abilities where the pet flys high then next round swoops down, this all seemingly happens in the one round.

For example

I use turret on gnome
enemy uses proto-strike both the fly and attack anaimation are changed then I choose another attack my turret is now on cooldown but it never drops. There is no animation to suggest it has missed.