Guardian vs Feral

Druid
Differences between Guardian and Feral Specs.
these specs share most of their commonly used abilities.

example:
Abilities that Feral has that Guardian doesnt:
Tigers Fury
Feral Instincts
Shred
Savage Roar
Predatory Swiftness
Omen
and of course Mastery

Abilities that Guardian has that Feral doesnt:
Savage Defense
Vengance
Thick Hide
Bear Hug
Enrage
and Mastery

I initially created this thread because I didn't think that there were very many differences between the specs and was wondering about being able to adequetly tank in feral or dps in guardian spec.
After looking into it more I realized that tanking in feral is just not possible. Ferals do not become uncritable in bear form and don't get the added 200% armor boost or savage defense or the mastery, all of which is needed just to stay alive in a very basic tanking enviornment.
Guardians may be able to do a better job of dps in cat form than ferals do of tanking in bear form though.
Guardians will still get the AP boost from agility in cat form, and a lot of the abilities.
But what will hurt them most is not having savage roar or tigers fury. and of course mastery. SO while I think guardians will be able to do decent damage in cat form (more than they would in bear, excluding vengance at least) they will still not be able to get anywhere close to a feral in dps.
Thank you.
Feral (or any Druid spec for that matter) can tank perfectly fine, and have all the tools to do so. But only for 45 seconds.
10/04/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Maddruid
SO while I think guardians will be able to do decent damage in cat form (more than they would in bear, excluding vengance at least)

When I tested at launch, this was definitely not the case.

Plus there are almost 0 scenarios where you do not have at least some Vengeance for the entire encounter.