Serious ? Does evocate still give mana?

Mage
Why?
!@#$ son mages gotta drink...
why are you complaining about this? lol
10/04/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Râw

I'm not complaining. I just really don't know what the point of a mages mana bar is anymore. Do any of your specs ever allow you to go oom?

i changed the name of the thread for comedic "i c wut u did thar"
10/04/2012 10:25 PMPosted by Ernest
Do any of your specs ever allow you to go oom?

Spell Steal against ret, priest and healers.
I'm not complaining. I just really don't know what the point of a mages mana bar is anymore. Do any of your specs ever allow you to go oom?

try and spam arc blast as arcane and watch ur mana crumble through the floor:)

so yes arcane can oom:)

i changed the name of the thread for comedic "i c wut u did thar"

Fire is potentially mana negative, it just takes a very very long time. I've not had to use Evocation for mana in Vaults yet.

Arcane without proper management, and even then I think either your mana or dps will decline gradually. I've never had to drink or evocate with fire, though.
10/05/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Pundas

Arcane without proper management, and even then I think either your mana or dps will decline gradually. I've never had to drink or evocate with fire, though.

Wait 'til 90.
10/05/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Mageski
Wait 'til 90.

Scaling goes way out of whack?
10/05/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Pundas
Scaling goes way out of whack?

Mana is a complete non-issue until 90. I have had to evocate a few times during quests when I am chain pulling mobs, but in raids as Fire you get down to about 60% mana by the time you need to use Invocation again.

With RoP you just never oom, ever, as fire as long as your uptime is....uh, well existent. You can have terrible uptime and still never oom.

2 minutes on Evo with IW pretty much ensure that even with bad usage on IW you won't ever go oom and not be able to do anything.

Arcane goes oom real fast with Invo, but it's kind of supposed to. You are right to say only Arcane has issues.