Mac Client Built In Recording Disabled?

Mac Technical Support
The Mac Client has an exclusive built in video recorder that is quite nice and limits the needs for things like Fraps and such. It was working fine in the Beta build of Mists but since live Launch the options in the Mac Options are all grayed out not letting me record anything or choose any settings. Is this intentional for a short time or is there something wrong on my end?

I'm running on a Mac. OS X 10.6.8 and had no problems in the beta. And yes I do have plenty of space left to record and store.
This is currently disabled in the 64-bit client. For movie recording, you will need to use the 32-bit client.
10/07/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Machkhan
This is currently disabled in the 64-bit client. For movie recording, you will need to use the 32-bit client.

Ah, would make sense. Is there any reason why this is? Or if it'll change later?

I just saw the other thread on this, somehow I missed that when I skimmed over before I made my thread. Thanks for the help.
This will be addressed in a future update. This I believe has to do with limitations of APIs in the 64-bit OS.
10/07/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Machkhan
This will be addressed in a future update. This I believe has to do with limitations of APIs in the 64-bit OS.

Hey guys, any update on when this feature will be enabled for the 64bit?
Happy holidays :)
When Apple releases updates to its QuickTime APIs to allow 64-bit recording, Blizzard will let us all know ASAP - they want us enjoying all of the features of our clients as much as we want them. For now, the 32-bit client works just fine for recording as a temporary measure.

Thing is, I worked for Apple at the time -- and the 64-bit APIs for recording via QTx have been available since 10.7 to my knowledge, they've jut become subcomponents of core video. They show as transitional h.264 components, not QT components, to prepare for the deprecation of .mov.

(I may be mistaken, been a couple years. or I might get lucky and get Blizz sniffing in the right place -- but I thought I'd mention it.)

As to the 64 bit build of the client overall: MARVELOUS JOB GUYS!
Just to update the thread on the status of movie recording in the 64 bit client :

[Movie Recording] 64-bit Movie Recording is disabled by default. You can enable it by opening up your config.wtf file and adding this line:
SET MovieRecording64BitsEnable "1" There may be some issues with the 64 bit movie recording.

From feedback on the effectiveness seems to be up and down. Some people can record just fine using it (eg me with my iMac11,3) while other people can't (blocks of random color)

Those who can't have also reported it's fixed in the 5.2 client.

So try out the new Cvar but don't worry if it records garbage - it should be fixed in the 5.2 Live Client.
Just to update the thread on the status of movie recording in the 64 bit client :

[Movie Recording] 64-bit Movie Recording is disabled by default. You can enable it by opening up your config.wtf file and adding this line:
SET MovieRecording64BitsEnable "1" There may be some issues with the 64 bit movie recording.

From feedback on the effectiveness seems to be up and down. Some people can record just fine using it (eg me with my iMac11,3) while other people can't (blocks of random color)

Those who can't have also reported it's fixed in the 5.2 client.

So try out the new Cvar but don't worry if it records garbage - it should be fixed in the 5.2 Live Client.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip/update.