Fantastic Disc idea that many will hate

Priest
Lets face it. Disc just can't compete in the environment of push a button avery few minutes and drop a totem that accounts for your largest percentage of healing (and continue to heal while that totem fills health bars). There is no way that Barrier, Smite heals and PoH spam can compete, and I don't think anybody wants to see bubble bots come back as a play style. So....

Give up on Disc as a raiding spec and buff it out as a PvP spec. Make sure Holy is competitive, but like Frost was in Wrath and Cata (and disc used to be), make Disc a spec that is very competitive in PvP but unsuited for high end PvE.

Make Spirit shell a toggle that makes spells cost 10% more but gives 50% dispel protection to shields, DA, renew, PoM and PS. Make some of the PvP oriented glyphs baseline. Make atonement heal at 150% damage to make it worthwhile to cast on people with resilience. Give Disc dispersion.

I would rather disc be a viable raid spec, but my guess is that would require a major redesign. I do feel that Disc could be made a viable PvP spec (currently it's neither). The alternative seems to be a spec that is really viable only in 5 mans.
Giving up on a class 13 days into an expac seems a bit shortsighted.
I think perhaps you should gain some more levels, maybe even get closer to 90, before you make such assertions.

You know, so you can maybe learn how your class works in the first place, thereby being able to make any analytical judgements at all.

Riôt
Something tells me that Blizzard is aware that Healing Priests are currently a little lack-luster, and they're waiting to make any changes until they see more logs from MV and how they perform in that environment.

Blizzard isn't going to make raid-impacting decisions for Priests based on their performances in a 5 man dungeon.
Lets face it. Disc just can't compete in the environment of push a button avery few minutes and drop a totem that accounts for your largest percentage of healing (and continue to heal while that totem fills health bars). There is no way that Barrier, Smite heals and PoH spam can compete, and I don't think anybody wants to see bubble bots come back as a play style. So....

Give up on Disc as a raiding spec and buff it out as a PvP spec. Make sure Holy is competitive, but like Frost was in Wrath and Cata (and disc used to be), make Disc a spec that is very competitive in PvP but unsuited for high end PvE.

Make Spirit shell a toggle that makes spells cost 10% more but gives 50% dispel protection to shields, DA, renew, PoM and PS. Make some of the PvP oriented glyphs baseline. Make atonement heal at 150% damage to make it worthwhile to cast on people with resilience. Give Disc dispersion.

I would rather disc be a viable raid spec, but my guess is that would require a major redesign. I do feel that Disc could be made a viable PvP spec (currently it's neither). The alternative seems to be a spec that is really viable only in 5 mans.

I pvp in Disc and when I did raid long ago it was in Holy spec. I refuse to change specs or play another class in pvp.. I am going to ride thru this and hopefully before I get totally discouraged from playing wow, Disc will be fixed. /crosses fingers
Even more fantastic idea... if you don't like the spec how about YOU change what spec you play whether than having a spec many people do enjoy changed to fit your image.
10/08/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Morenn
Even more fantastic idea... if you don't like the spec how about YOU change what spec you play whether than having a spec many people do enjoy changed to fit your image.

I think you are missing the point. I love the spec and really wish it were raid viable, but without a complete redesign, it seems unlikely that disc will be raid viable without being raid breaking. Nobody wants to see bubble bots come back, and they don't have anywhere close to the tools needed to be competitive. How can disc compete is a raid setting with the extensive multi-target healing toolbox the other classes bring to the table? PoH spam just wont keep up. Should they take the old Paladin role of Tank healer? Tanks almost heal themselves these days.

Better than having the spec be dog poop in both PvE and PvE, why not let it be strong in PvP and redesign for PvE next x-pac.

10/08/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Harpoa

Well, to be fair, some of us saw this coming through the months of Beta. The only difference now is that after release, you aren't getting a major redesign. So its not so much after 13 days into the expac as it is 13 days after the window for major change has closed.

I pvp in Disc and when I did raid long ago it was in Holy spec. I refuse to change specs or play another class in pvp.. I am going to ride thru this and hopefully before I get totally discouraged from playing wow, Disc will be fixed. /crosses fingers

Thats how it was in vanilla and BC, Raid as holy, PvP as Disc. Disc was gutted for PvP this expac. I have raided every Priest spec and PvP in both Disc and Shadow. Its sad (and honestly pisses me off) to see the spec be trash in both settings.
I understand that Disc is not a viable spec right now, but we're only about 2 weeks into an expansion. Why not Give Blizz at least some time to fix what they did, before trying to change it into something completely different?

Well, to be fair, some of us saw this coming through the months of Beta. The only difference now is that after release, you aren't getting a major redesign. So its not so much after 13 days into the expac as it is 13 days after the window for major change has closed.

So if the window for major change has closed, then how do you expect blizz to do a major change and make Disc strong for pvp again?
You make a call for a major class change for pvp, based on the premise that it is too late for there to be a major class change for pve.

I have yet to lvl this toon in this xpac or raid this xpac so I dont know how it compares to others or about discs' viability. But I do like disc raiding and hope that that is/becomes viable for this xpac.

Why not? Disc has launched as a broken heal spec in every expansion. In Cata it rode a roller coaster of buffs/nerfs because the developers had no direction on how to make the class work and finally petered off DS totally forgotten and completely useless except for lolmorchok stomps.

Seems to me if it were made clear that this was not a PvE healing spec, I could finally go reroll or quit WoW. Instead I always have the shallow hope Blizz might actually put some pride into their game and balance Priests (it's not like the problems Disc Priests are facing were not discussed all throughout beta and @ 5.0 launch).

So if the window for major change has closed, then how do you expect blizz to do a major change and make Disc strong for pvp again?
You make a call for a major class change for pvp, based on the premise that it is too late for there to be a major class change for pve.

I have yet to lvl this toon in this xpac or raid this xpac so I dont know how it compares to others or about discs' viability. But I do like disc raiding and hope that that is/becomes viable for this xpac.

The difference is that inPvP you are healing smaller groups (Big BGs aside), and utility, offensive capability, mobility and survivability are just as important as healing. These factors can be enhanced without a major redesign. The ability to compete when healing 25 people is going to take more than tweaking numbers when other healers push a button and the raid is healed before our second PoH completes.
You seem to have a problem with HTT specifically. I fail to see how shaman getting a raid cooldown that doesn't suck (and is only throughput, not mitigation AT ALL) invalidates disc as a class.

It's a 3 min timer. It's not an aoe heal, any more than tranq is. Why on earth would you compare it to POH? Barrier is still the timer-of-timers, because it can prevent lethal damage. None of the shaman cooldowns can do that.
Um yeah, as much as I loved pvping as disc, I don't want to lose PVE too.
You seem to have a problem with HTT specifically. I fail to see how shaman getting a raid cooldown that doesn't suck (and is only throughput, not mitigation AT ALL) invalidates disc as a class.

It's a 3 min timer. It's not an aoe heal, any more than tranq is. Why on earth would you compare it to POH? Barrier is still the timer-of-timers, because it can prevent lethal damage. None of the shaman cooldowns can do that.

I don't have a problem with HTT at all. It was just an example of a mechanic that disc is unable to compete with (and other classes have similar skills). I do have a problem with Disc being unable to compete. The problem is with Disc, not with Shaman.
Horrible idea. And why do people still post on lvl 1's and low level alts? Did you guys not get the memo that there are browser addons that show your characters?
10/08/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Erda

I played a shaman for all of cata when everyone said they were trash and no one wanted them. Downed most content in a timely fashion and was never benched as i put in the effort. If you want to be a quitter, go ahead, no skin off of me. But it is not a good attitude to have in life. But to each their own.

Best of luck to you rolling your fotm.
Incredibly misleading thread title. At least the first half of it.

We're getting the Shaman treatment, and they weren't "fixed" (lol designing a raid around rain) until DS.
10/08/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Shammyren
I understand that Disc is not a viable spec right now, but we're only about 2 weeks into an expansion. Why not Give Blizz at least some time to fix what they did, before trying to change it into something completely different?

This is the same exact thing that happened to Disc when Cata came out.
10/08/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Shammyren

The problem with that argument is that the community gave them several chances. The beta had many very insightful threads with regard to numbers, scaling, what was OP and what was UP, etc.

The problem is, the threads were ignored, and now you have people who genuinely tried to do things "Blizzard's way" and were essentially spat on, who are now PO'd and are up in arms on the forums.