I have never been so humiliated

Rogue
Im no 2200 hero but for the most part i consider myself decent, i know the class and I know how to duel OK, i know how to CC well, and keep my teamates alive, but atm I am either a punching bag for other mellee, or kited into oblivion by ranged. Just to stay alive I blow every CD i have and then when they are all gone I get nuked... pretty much the summary of my pvp now. Rogue is all I ever played the last 3 years and I have no desire to re-roll some OP class, so thanks Blizz, i cant even get a pity carry at 1200 rating now in 2s so I can get some points for that magical gear that will fix my class. Blah blah im just venting here... Im going to go and cry myself to sleep now.
Doesn't beat how hard I was laughing today.

Some 2k Rbg group was lfm in trade and I still needed to get my pr up. So I said I'm a 2 time glad with a 2700 mmr and 461 ilvl. To which they responded "your a rogue we want to win". I literally felt like a s11 warlock with no cunning. Regardless, it's their loss because i'm a better player than any of them or any player they could possibly find.

What's sad though is rogues aren't even half as bad as a large amount of the community views them, weighing them at the same level as say a disc priest. On live it's like a 6/10 a little bit below average, beta it was like a 7/10 in full gear minus t2, however on TR that extra 20ilvl on weapons in terms of PvP power almost makes the class overpowered.

Though that doesn't change the fact that the playstyle is very boring or the extended survivability issues with how long cooldowns are. Hopefully some pve guild finally causes BM and warriors to get nerfed, in which every class' survivability is going to skyrocket and the entire meta-game will shift.
Seriously.. I never carried anyone to high rating but I helped carry plenty of nubs last season in 2s so they could get points for the week, and i was doing arenas as combat spec and im doing worse now than I did last season. I dont know of a single rogue that has had any success in arena now, the only stuff i hear is rogues getting carried by BM hunters.
10/09/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Failrogue
I dont know of a single rogue that has had any success in arena now

I've had lots of success in 3s on TR and wargames on beta and in lol2s i'm pretty much 100% winloss against anything non-BM as both rogue/mage and rogue/spriest.

I'm not queing 3s on live till BM gets nerfed, but RMD and RPS are viable.
I just don't know why they would increase all our major cds and make prep pretty much unobtainable unless we give up a gap closer which every melee classpretty much has as a baseline skill.
What's sad though is rogues aren't even half as bad as a large amount of the community that weighs them at the same level as say a disc priest. On live it's like a 5/10 a little bit below average, beta it was like a 6.5ish in full gear minus t2, however on TR that extra 20ilvl on weapons in terms of PvP power almost makes the class overpowered.

I agree with you here, we are not "bad" all 3 specs now, just the big problem is comparitavley our damage is way too low and our mobility/survivability blows, the only success ive had was when i was running BGs with friends, all i would really do is cc while the DKs and warriors i was with nuked everything, every now and then id sneak in a kill spree and get a kill finnaly but it feels like my role is hold them down while my friends beat on you. Also we dont have enough combo points for all the stuff we need to juggle.. SnD, recoup (if you want to stay alive for more than 6 seconds) evis, and kidney, i know with sub its even worse, rupture snd etc. It just takes way too long to set anything up compared to a mage warrior or hunter they just hit 1 macro and poof !@#$ just dies, even setting up a single kidney feels like it takes forever.
10/09/2012 07:52 PMPosted by Nahj

The 8 arena matches I did so far had nothing but mage, warrior, and huntards. It was just so stupid.
I just don't know why they would increase all our major cds and make prep pretty much unobtainable unless we give up a gap closer which every melee class has as a baseline skill.

From a pvp standpoint, the only thing that really needs reworking is quality of life things.

Such as, shiv not being dodgeable, throw applying poisons, hemo being back on sanguinary vein (seeing as it's been nerfed 3 times back to it's cata %. I presume because of sub aoe with crimson tempest), 20sec cd step, a redesign of the 60 talent tier etc.

Anything from removing prep and significantly lowering cooldowns somewhat below elusiveness and making the entire 60 tier about step (or keeping bos and adding some grappling hook death grip mechanic).

To going back to 2min cd vanish/2min cd blind/1min cd cloak and a nerfed baseline prep consisting of just vanish/disarm/sprint baseline and making step a more attractive option versus burst of speed.
Anything from removing prep and significantly lowering cooldowns and making the entire 60 tier about step (or keeping bos and adding some grappling hook death grip mechanic). To making a nerfed prep consisting of just vanish/disarm/sprint baseline and making step a more attractive option versus burst of speed.

Majority of the fix rogue forums have said ditch prep alltogether and fix our mobility talents, make BoS cost less and not get snared.5 seconds later, make shadowstep either baseline and increase range/decrease CD and for gods sake shorten our CDs.

Pally has AEO blind every 2 minutes
Druid can blink/vanish every 30 seconds
Warrior can charge every 12 seconds

Again its compared to all the goddies all the other classes got that our tools are so lackluster.
Well if a group rejected Nahj. I officially have no hope.
10/09/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Minathus

I guess this makes me feel like less of a L2P baddie now. :(
back to 2min cd vanish/2min cd blind/1min cd cloak and a nerfed prep consisting of just vanish/disarm/sprint

Quick question, thoughts on a one minute vanish if prep is removed? Assuming we have a one minute cloak.
10/09/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Sinsbad
Quick question, thoughts on a one minute vanish if prep is removed? Assuming we have a one minute cloak.

It would be really strong, I could see a 90second vanish though.
10/09/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Minathus

Has more to do with how retarded humanity as a whole is.

I just wanted to get my pr up even if it was flushing mmr down the toilet and it was probably a good thing I didn't play with that most likely brain-dead group.
10/09/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Sinsbad

I think ideally we should have a 2 min vanish, 1.5 minute blind, 1 minute CloS and a 2 minute evasion. I like the idea of a 1 minute vanish but I want to be balanced and not have all the nonsense we did last season of OP sub rogues.
dont worry my friends ghost crawler is gonna pull a shocker and fix us
I use to really hate rogues in Cata playing on my DK and my warlock, but I actually sympathize with your guys' pain. :(
10/09/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Failrogue

The 8 arena matches I did so far had nothing but mage, warrior, and huntards. It was just so stupid.

Haha, I know right?
How ----ing many comps do you see with hunter and warrior?
10/09/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Peenkay
dont worry my friends ghost crawler is gonna pull a shocker and fix us

we will see. i am trying to stay optimistic due to that ive heard a few rogues complaining that thier dps isnt all that in pve, so hopefully we will see some sort of a buff to sinister strike, hemo, and mutilate along with evis/envenom. one can only hope.
Has more to do with how retarded humanity as a whole is.

I just wanted to get my pr up even if it was flushing mmr down the toilet and it was probably a good thing I didn't play with that most likely brain-dead group.

Honestly rogues wouldnt be that bad for a rbg group. Smoke bomb, Master Poisoner, and Prey on the weak would be great for rbgs. But as you said humanity is pretty dumb and cant look at things for more than a second.