Contender set bonus stacking with dreadful?

Battlegrounds
400 pvp power and 400 resilance on off peieces seems like its almost not worth it to get full dreadful
It's not worth it to pass on getting full dreadful. The stat bonuses you get from the increased ilvl on all 4 pieces make up the difference along with the item sockets. It's really not an issue.

I'm using 4-piece contender (bracer, belt, shoulder and boots) while I get dreadful's "main" pieces (helm, pants, chest and gloves) but as soon as I can I'll replace the crafted set.
Yes, it stacks. No, it's not worth it to hold off on the honor pieces. The PvP power from them alone, outweighs the Contender set bonuses. It's a pretty smooth gap though, kudos to Blizz for that.
10/10/2012 02:34 AMPosted by Danzar
400 pvp power and 400 resilance on off peieces seems like its almost not worth it to get full dreadful

They don't stack. a friend of mine tried and it doesn't work

False. They do.
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/Fr0/?action=view&current=SETS.png
False. They do.
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/Fr0/?action=view&current=SETS.png

they must've changed it after the first 3 days then. So yea, the contenders pieces are almost as good as the honor pieces as stats such as int and stuff are better on them. That's stupid. I agree the ones with sockets aren't as good but even keeping a two piece might be better.
Historically, the crafted set has been nearly as good as the first season of honor gear. Just so happens that it will have its item level increased as the seasons come out, so people can always get some crafted stuff to at least have something.

10/10/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Jugaa
I agree the ones with sockets aren't as good but even keeping a two piece might be better.

After calculations, you'd only end up with about an extra 172 resilience (depending what pieces you choose) if you kept 2 pieces of crafted. You'd lose out on armour, stam, secondary stat(s), and possibly a few sockets. It's totally not worth it to avoid getting the honor gear. The bonus is a great way to smooth the gap between sets. :)
Wrong it stacks

What I did with my mage is get 4 dreadful & 4 contender pieces to get both bonuses. I am down to 2 contender & will be down to none after I do arenas this week.
10/10/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Faenya
Wrong it stacks

thanks someone already showed me :P