Calling all Holy Paladins

Paladin
How is it? Is it fun? Considering leveling this toon to 90 if it is worth it. I want to try a healing spec that I have not done in a very, very long time. (Ulduar, WLK) So how is it? Fun? Easy? Hard? Good AOE? Good single target? Struggling in some areas easy mode in others? Overall spells, do they look good? Are you happy with the state you are in?
A lot of changes went out that were a bit overwhelming at first but pally is still by far my favorite healing class. Beware our massively slow cast times (2.2s /sad face) but I'm loving the mastery. Tweaking talents per fight, swapping glyphs an even "shock"ing through my dailies when i don't feel like going ret.

Single target is still pretty powerful, AoE is solid, burst is a bit slow though. Overall, I'm liking the way things are looking. I'm currently messing around with my lvl 90 talents. Holy prism was just getting me into too much trouble in dungeons.
Thanks For the info Ceresc. I just switched from ret to holy. So now I'm prot/holy. That way if I get tired of tanking I can heal. Havn't healed since I played final fantasy 11 many years ago. Again thanks. :D
I've played Holy since Vanilla and it's really only gotten better as time has passed. In Mists, it's very nice being holy. I duel-specced a Healer build and a "DPS" build. I use the term loosely because it was just a soloing build, but it was rather amazing to be able to level just as quickly as legitimate DPSers without having to switch around gear or what have you. In addition, because we're Paladins and it's how we do, you can pretty much go anywhere without fear. I died once while leveling, and that was an Error ID 107.

As far as things at 90, I keep my soloing spec for doing dailies and farming. I have my healing spec for dungeons and PvP. It works out wonderfully really.
10/10/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Ceresc
Beware our massively slow cast times (2.2s /sad face) but I'm loving the mastery.

It doesnt matter that our cast times are slow. You should hardly be casting anyways with our plethora of instant cast heals. Especially with procs.
Beware our massively slow cast times (2.2s /sad face) but I'm loving the mastery.

It doesnt matter that our cast times are slow. You should hardly be casting anyways with our plethora of instant cast heals. Especially with procs.

Ah, if only raiding worked that way.

I'm really enjoying holy this expansion. I liked all the changes and have enjoyed healing, even if I seem to be getting left behind by our mistweaver on aoe fights.