PvP means less and less to Blizzard

Arenas
Every expansion you can tell blizzard cares less and less about the PvP side of their game. Absurd balance changes get let go for a season, yet small things in PvE get fixed in a matter of a days.

Now you have this season. With all the promises of not having to do any PvE to be competitive. How you're going to spend a serious effort working on the pvp part of the game.

Yet here we sit, with no honor weapons available. Forcing pvp players to grind heroics to get a decent weapon. No MMR reset, so people with absurd ratings can camp after the first week.

Balance is...interesting I suppose. But soulstones available in arena? come on.

Perhaps it's overdone, and you're really just giving it the same attention you've given it for the last 4 seasons. But it was all the talk that made us think you might have actually wanted to do things right.

I suppose on a plus note, I do enjoy both of the new battlegrounds. So I guess you got something right.
Agree with the post completely. I use to just be annoyed and upset about it all the time. But now I have this numb feeling from being used to it.
But warlocks with instant fear and absurd damage would be bad if they couldn't live twice.

No but, seriously, this is retarded.
Are soulstones seriously working in arenas? That has gotta be a bug.
I can completely understand the frustration, but its way to early to tell anything. Beyond that though, why not simply present some constructive criticism and leave it at that. Saying pvp means less and less to blizzard means nothing. Are you expecting a GM to come here and say "yea, your right, we don't care..."

Because the season is still young, and fixes do need to happen, at the very least wait a week or two and see how things pane out. And yes, Soul Stones should be removed from arena, and there will be a lot of other changes that will need to happen as well.
What exactly are you hoping to accomplish by making this post?

Blizzard has focused more on pvp this season than any other.
Stop Crying
I can completely understand the frustration, but its way to early to tell anything. Beyond that though, why not simply present some constructive criticism and leave it at that. Saying pvp means less and less to blizzard means nothing. Are you expecting a GM to come here and say "yea, your right, we don't care..."

Because the season is still young, and fixes do need to happen, at the very least wait a week or two and see how things pane out. And yes, Soul Stones should be removed from arena, and there will be a lot of other changes that will need to happen as well.

The concern is that people will ride broken mechanics to unobtainable ratings like in the past.

Basically people will do the billian and than sit on the ratings for 5+ months. It would be reasonable for things to be broken for a week or so if the arena system wouldnt allow for people to ride those mechanics to 2600 in the first week or two and then jerk off to the rating for 6 months.
You can't sit on rating anymore anyways. It deters down if you don't play.
10/03/2012 08:04 AMPosted by Leavetheinst
You can't sit on rating anymore anyways. It deters down if you don't play.

There is no rating decay that I am aware of.
I personally don't see how they've focused on PvP more than they have in the past. Yes the talent changes (at least in my opinion) were a great change for PvP in general and for the game.

Again, this is just my personal opinion. But adding a new arena and 2 new bg's doesn't really count as focusing on PvP to me. Focusing on PvP is fixing the problems I listed above (weapons, MMR, team camping, more active balancing in PvP) However in the balance department PvP power is fabulous. I see this keeping ridiculous PvE items out of the arena and I applaud that till the end.

Yes the season is young, but for those of us that have been playing the arena PvP scene since it's introduction in TBC. They don't exactly have the greatest track record of fixing things in a reasonable amount of time. (letting things go for an entire season is not acceptable in my eyes). So bringing it up as many times and as often as possible seems to be the best route.

The biggest thing is just what seems like a complete contradiction of their words. Mainly about the weapons. There were data mined blue pvp weapons that were certainly better than the pve counter parts due to PvP power. Yet those weapons aren't in the game. Sure there is the epic version you can get in like 5 weeks or whatever, but what are you supposed to do until then? And it's obviously a bigger deal for melee than casters in the weapon department.

I'm sure the soulstone and MMR is not intended. I sure hope not anyway. Just expressing my views. While perhaps not perfectly constructive, I don't believe it was total blasphemy either. And yeah, wah wah give me pvp gear you might say. Well yes, wow is still a ridiculously gear dependent game. Playing with full gear against others with full gear is where the fun is (in my opinion)
There were data mined blue pvp weapons that were certainly better than the pve counter parts due to PvP power. Yet those weapons aren't in the game. Sure there is the epic version you can get in like 5 weeks or whatever, but what are you supposed to do until then? And it's obviously a bigger deal for melee than casters in the weapon department.

I think this is blizzard's way to force people to at least do 5 weeks worth of arenas or rated bgs..... It sadly wont fix the active team issue which is another discussion all together.
10/03/2012 08:16 AMPosted by Artunias
MMR is not intended.

Pretty sure it was

10/02/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Crithto
As some of you have noticed, MMR did not reset today with the start of Season 12. This was indeed a last minute decision and we apologize for any confusion this has caused.
I personally don't see how they've focused on PvP more than they have in the past. Yes the talent changes (at least in my opinion) were a great change for PvP in general and for the game.

Again, this is just my personal opinion. But adding a new arena and 2 new bg's doesn't really count as focusing on PvP to me. Focusing on PvP is fixing the problems I listed above (weapons, MMR, team camping, more active balancing in PvP) However in the balance department PvP power is fabulous. I see this keeping ridiculous PvE items out of the arena and I applaud that till the end.

Yes the season is young, but for those of us that have been playing the arena PvP scene since it's introduction in TBC. They don't exactly have the greatest track record of fixing things in a reasonable amount of time. (letting things go for an entire season is not acceptable in my eyes). So bringing it up as many times and as often as possible seems to be the best route.

The biggest thing is just what seems like a complete contradiction of their words. Mainly about the weapons. There were data mined blue pvp weapons that were certainly better than the pve counter parts due to PvP power. Yet those weapons aren't in the game. Sure there is the epic version you can get in like 5 weeks or whatever, but what are you supposed to do until then? And it's obviously a bigger deal for melee than casters in the weapon department.

I'm sure the soulstone and MMR is not intended. I sure hope not anyway. Just expressing my views. While perhaps not perfectly constructive, I don't believe it was total blasphemy either. And yeah, wah wah give me pvp gear you might say. Well yes, wow is still a ridiculously gear dependent game. Playing with full gear against others with full gear is where the fun is (in my opinion)

Trust me, agree completely. It sucked thinking warrior was going to be my main pvp class in cata when in the end, the class was dead last. And most of that could have been remedied with small fixes.

I guess I just want to see to many bandwagons getting started. The arguments being presented across this forum at the moment are all over the place. I don't want to simply say gear will fix it, because it won't, but the picture we are getting painted right now isn't completely clear either. There are some very glaring problems and hopefully those will be addressed, but just think everyone needs to still show some patience in and of that its very, very early to show to much frustration. And I say that as a person who posted for fixes for warriors last January.
Wow this whole honour gear missing has really depressed me, why have blizzard left us in the dark above all.
Stop Crying

What game are you playing?
Stop Crying

What game are you playing?

starcraft broodwar