RP guilds and you.

Moon Guard
Hello, MG. I have a question.

What kind of RP are you not seeing enough of? What kind do you think, as the server, there is TOO much of?

Note: Not in HoV as of this posting, simply wasn't enjoying my time there. Good folks, though.

I ask because I may be creating a guild. With standards.

You know, lore-compliance, basic grammar and activity all being REQUIRED to be a part of the guild.

And yes, I know that guilds start slow. Especially those types; I've done it before, successfully, in the past.

All that said and done, I want to hear your responses while I continue my personal guild search. If I find one that I like, one that has standards for the love of god (there are many that do not...) then I may join that and contribute there instead. As it is, my search has been...less than fruitful, and so I am getting the impression that it may be time to work some guild magic again.

What I'd be looking for in any potential guild to create, OR to join:

NOT neutral. Pick a side, Horde or Alliance-I don't care which, but I am not interested in more "we're all neutral guys" roleplay.

Standards, obviously. Please know how to construct a sentence; this is a text based format. Quality over quantity, don't care about "para" or length, as that rarely matters if the quality is high.

As mentioned above, either faction. I can swap to Alliance, or use one of my characters already there/create one for a specific concept if I like it enough!

I'd prefer if you have a site, as I tend to not trust guilds without them. They scream "We invite everyone", to me, even though I know that's not always true.

Nothing against guilds like that, they are just not for me.

Anyway...Dere we go! Keep it civil, guys!...or try to.
Too many military/militia guilds. Same thing, different guild tag. For -years-. Optionally with a different flavour of racial pride chestbeating.
What kind of RP are you not seeing enough of? What kind do you think, as the server, there is TOO much of?
Active evil roleplay, the kind doesn't take a grudge if they are given hell in-character. The kind that doesn't fraid of nothin'. I know we have Knights of Menthil, but they haven't really been too active lately. (Not to say they are fail by any means, but seeing more of them would be awfully nice.)

A variety in death knight guild choices would be nice, I have a death knight I'm trying to get rolling but have difficulty grasping the lore after Wrath of the Lich King. A guild that is willing to help with death knight lore, as well as provided top-notch roleplay would be great.

(Also, either horde or alliance for the death knights idea, I honestly would rather do it ally side but could roll horde as well.)
I want a guild with a short skirt. And a looooooooong jacket.

Or a guild dedicated to stuff like being cooks or disposing of corpses after large battles. They could very easily be the same guild.
10/03/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Lellex
Too many military/militia guilds. Same thing, different guild tag. For -years-. Optionally with a different flavour of racial pride chestbeating.

The problem is people LIKE those guilds ALOT.
10/03/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Zhaø

That's not a problem. Good for them, I hope they find enjoyment with their military guild. After all, the main focus of WoW is murdering NPCs/other people over and over and over and over and over until they release new areas to do the same in.

I just find them boring and indistinguishably similar to each other for the most part. The most -interesting- roleplay I've had, with guilds in mind, were things like theatre troupes, wandering merchants and sailors, civilian organizations, and so on.
10/03/2012 01:43 PMPosted by Lellex

That's not a problem. Good for them, I hope they find enjoyment with their military guild. After all, the main focus of WoW is murdering NPCs/other people over and over and over and over and over until they release new areas to do the same in.

I just find them boring and indistinguishably similar to each other for the most part. The most -interesting- roleplay I've had, with guilds in mind, were things like theatre troupes, wandering merchants and sailors, civilian organizations, and so on.

Should see the Temple of the Tigher RP. I saw some while I was waiting for a que. Very interesting.
I like military themes...but I don't like it when the entire guild is military. In a world like Azeroth, everyone NEEDS a fighting force-but the entire guild doesn't have to be it, y'know?

As for evil

Active evil roleplay, the kind doesn't take a grudge if they are given hell in-character. The kind that doesn't fraid of nothin'. I know we have Knights of Menthil, but they haven't really been too active lately. (Not to say they are fail by any means, but seeing more of them would be awfully nice.)

I'd love to contribute. Perhaps not necessarily "HUZZAH WE ARE EVIL" so much as "Do you question our methods? Good..." I mean, hell, it'd be run by a warlock. If horde, a Forsaken warlock. Gonna have some...questionable methods there!

EDIT: Grammar and I are enemies tonight, it seems. And when I talk about standards, pfah!

On another note, I will be in game if anyone wants to chat there.

^^ Agreed wholeheartedly with this myself. I'd like to see more scholarly and exploratory roleplay, personally. Also some literary stuff. Guilds like that one orc guild from a-while back, order of the undying lok'tra, come to mind. Great guild.
I like military themes...but I don't like it when the entire guild is military. In a world like Azeroth, everyone NEEDS a fighting force-but the entire guild doesn't have to be it, y'know?

As for evil

I'd love to contribute. Perhaps not necessary 'HUZZAH WE ARE EVIL" so much as "Do you question our methods? Good..." I mean, hell, it'd be run by a warlock. If horde, a Forsaken warlock. Gonna have some...questionable methods there!
*cackles wickedly* I have just the toon for you then. Got a rogue that goes by some "questionable" methods.

As for evil

I'd love to contribute. Perhaps not necessary 'HUZZAH WE ARE EVIL" so much as "Do you question our methods? Good..." I mean, hell, it'd be run by a warlock. If horde, a Forsaken warlock. Gonna have some...questionable methods there!
*cackles wickedly* I have just the toon for you then. Got a rogue that goes by some "questionable" methods.

Oh really?

For what it's worth, my characters are generally on the darker side of morality. And this Forsaken, and his player, are ALWAYS up for some good RP! So if you need a morally ambiguous character that practices 'dark magic'...guilded or no, I'm down.
Pretty much the same as the others.

Military seems a tad overdone, etc.

Good luck to you! If you want any help, just let me know. I would be more than willing.

I agree wholeheartedly. Also, too many mercenary guilds.

I'd love to see paranormal or adventure/exploration guilds.

10/03/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Ferenold

^^ Agreed wholeheartedly with this myself. I'd like to see more scholarly and exploratory roleplay, personally. Also some literary stuff. Guilds like that one orc guild from a-while back, order of the undying lok'tra, come to mind. Great guild.

Agree with this too.
10/03/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Systar

omg paranormal cult. Yesssssssssss.
10/03/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Ferenold

omg paranormal cult. Yesssssssssss.

No cult plz
10/03/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Ethelorne
Good luck to you! If you want any help, just let me know. I would be more than willing.

I have the resources (in game) to fund a project like this...but what I'd need are, obviously, active core members. I can construct a site within a day that would have an application, a brief background, rules and all that jazz-but that isn't the hard part.

Hard part is finding committed, core members that are ACTIVE. Not officers, but members. Officers will reveal themselves in due time, I've found-usually when I'm not looking.

From the gist of this thread...It seems like something that is far from neutral, definitely not "For the Light!", and isn't entirely military. But there would be a military arm, at the very least. Don't want to exclude the players who like that stuff, after all! (I may or may not be one of them...)
An undead guild. With nothing but Forsaken and DK members. I was going to contact Ethelorne to help her out once I hit 90. But it seems shes given up on it sadly. I'd try and run one myself but I dont have the charisma to keep a guild going.
Are you thinking of making it exclusive? As in, solely Forsaken, or... solely Paladins?-- as a couple examples.

10/03/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Lericus
'd need are, obviously, active core members.

Ah, if I hadn't already applied and got into this guild, you could probably count me in. But if you want someone to aid on the site, in-game events, etc. don't be afraid to drop me a whisper.
An Undead guild where everyone RPs as mindless zombies.
Nah, wouldn't make it exclusive by race. Did that before, and while it worked-it limited us greatly on the potential pool of members. I'd want the concept to limit the amount of !@#$ing blood elves, though.

So basically, all races are welcome if they fit the concept. Which has yet to be created, it's all hypothetical right now.