Ret Paladins have no good claiming abilites

Paladin
Ret paladins have no good claim moves to claim world bosses, like Sha of Anger. Prot paladins have consecration, dks have death and decay.

Which pretty much means anyone who can put a circle ability on the ground will almost always claim Sha of Anger first.

I made a macro
/tar Sha of Anger
/cast Reckoning

This is slower then and circle ground aoe and will not get claim on the boss.

Whenever Sha is about to spawn there is always 3-4 groups in a claim war to see who can claim him first. Its pretty bad that some specs have no way to claim the boss.
10/03/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Lobster
Can't you target Consecration now..?

That's only on prot and I have to be on ret spec if I want to get gear for ret spec from the world bosses, since Consecration is Prot only.
While it doesn't persist like DnD or Consecration, and so isn't as good,
you do have Blinding Light.
This gives you a no targeted ability that I think should give you threat on the mob.
/target sha of anger
/cast judgment
/cleartarget
10/03/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Lobster
Can't you target Consecration now..?

Prot only, and a glyph to boot.

Anyway, you're better off letting your group's DK or mage try and get the first poke in. They have more reliable means to take him on a spawn than we do.
Uhh...how is an instant, off the GCD ability slower than an ability that requires you to hit the button, click the ground, and then wait a second for the first tick to tap the mob?

And yes, taunts have tapped mobs for a long, long time now. Any hostile action will, even if it doesn't deal damage.
Uhh...how is an instant, off the GCD ability slower than an ability that requires you to hit the button, click the ground, and then wait a second for the first tick to tap the mob?

And yes, taunts have tapped mobs for a long, long time now. Any hostile action will, even if it doesn't deal damage.

Travel speed and server lag impact it a lot. I've noticed Judgment has a slight delay after a cast these days, and a little bit of lag that can make or break a tag.
10/03/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Criceto
Travel speed and server lag impact it a lot. I've noticed Judgment has a slight delay after a cast these days, and a little bit of lag that can make or break a tag.

Reckoning doesn't have a travel time, though.
Light's Hammer.

/thread
10/03/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Keten

Reckoning doesn't have a travel time, though.

If you're DPS and helping the tank in tagging, taunting may not be such a great idea. Though tanks should have a macro down and spamming it by now...
Atleast druids can't use mark of the wild to mark their territory...I saw a thread about that awhile back too D:.
Exorcism?
Light's hammer
10/04/2012 05:26 AMPosted by Criceto
If you're DPS and helping the tank in tagging, taunting may not be such a great idea. Though tanks should have a macro down and spamming it by now...

Have the tank do the taunt, then, if it's an issue. As long as someone in your group does it before the other group does, the boss should be tapped to your group. :P
Like other's have said... Light's Hammer.