Having a lot of difficulty as arms in PvP.

Warrior
Hi everybody. I was hoping you could help me out with a problem I'm having in PvP. I'm specced arms, though I think my profile is currently showing prot for whatever reason. Anyway. I normally begin by initiating (without charge if possible) and laying down a snare, followed by colossus smash and MS/Overpower. I try to save TFB procs for heroic strike.

My main problem is, well, my damage. I'm seeing Mortal Strike crits with CS up critting for only 20k. My frost mage friend and I were dueling today and he was bursting me for 100k+ spell combos while my MS + Heroic Strike would often not even get through his shield. Crits like 20k on my Mortal Strike are currently all I'm able to muster. Does anybody have some advice that would help me squeeze out more damage?
Macros- especially as CD reliant as warriors are atm they're a requirement to play well in PvP.

Stance Dance- only when you need rage should you be in Bstance, Dstance is dece rage gen while giving a HUGE 25% dmg reduction. If backed up by a healer, Zerker stance can let you just dump on people. I find myself stance-dancing now more than ever before.

Utility- Shockwave, Gag Order, Fears, Charge Stun etc Learn how to use them well. Between cooldowns our damage isn't great but we bring a lot more to the team than we used to. Doing top dmg in a BG isn't too important. Stunning a healer for 4s then silencing him for 3 may not beef up your numbers, but allows someone else to get the kill.

Gear- Always look to upgrade your weapon first, it makes a huge difference. Maybe you're like me though and have had the worst !@#$ing luck ever in heroics... But do try to upgrade. Also, if it's damage you're after, the PvP trinkets are overlooked by some as priority items. They have HUGE amounts of PvP power as well as their effects. The on-use trinket is particularly attractive for warrior burst (macros again...). The on use is 5000+ Str... that's a huge boost.

Other than practice blah blah, that's what I can think of in terms of helping you take down targets.

Good luck!
You have no excuse to still have such a terrible weapon, soon as you hit 90 you should run the Ring of Blood scenario and get the 450 Sword. Your damage is terrible because your weapon is crap.
Get a Heroic ilvl 463 weapon for starters. that will go a long long way in increasing your damage.

the rest of it just comes from practice. the more you get used to it the better your reactions to certain situations will be.

until then...stick with a group and play to your teammates' strengths and try to help them score a kill.
Macros- especially as CD reliant as warriors are atm they're a requirement to play well in PvP.

Stance Dance- only when you need rage should you be in Bstance, Dstance is dece rage gen while giving a HUGE 25% dmg reduction. If backed up by a healer, Zerker stance can let you just dump on people. I find myself stance-dancing now more than ever before.

Utility- Shockwave, Gag Order, Fears, Charge Stun etc Learn how to use them well. Between cooldowns our damage isn't great but we bring a lot more to the team than we used to. Doing top dmg in a BG isn't too important. Stunning a healer for 4s then silencing him for 3 may not beef up your numbers, but allows someone else to get the kill.

Gear- Always look to upgrade your weapon first, it makes a huge difference. Maybe you're like me though and have had the worst !@#$ing luck ever in heroics... But do try to upgrade. Also, if it's damage you're after, the PvP trinkets are overlooked by some as priority items. They have HUGE amounts of PvP power as well as their effects. The on-use trinket is particularly attractive for warrior burst (macros again...). The on use is 5000+ Str... that's a huge boost.

Other than practice blah blah, that's what I can think of in terms of helping you take down targets.

Good luck!

I'm trying to find some macro's for MoP and just general warrior macro's. Do you know where I could find some?
What are stat priorities for Arms? I figure i'd ask in this thread instead of making a new one